When done with room service food & tray

osucruise

I thought about the wheelchairs but remembered some people leave those in the halls, too! :eek: I think those and the electric thingys are begging for some hooligan to mess with them. Personally, I don't think kids should be playing in the halls and especially not running.

DSC_2898.JPG

LOL - SS I see you post a picture for every conceivable question posted on these boards. Is there anything on or around a cruise ship that you do not have a photo of? :)

Okay so let me get this straight. A dirty dish left in a cabin or bathroom will NOT draw rodents and bugs but those left in the hallway will. Is that correct? I feel SO much better knowing that bugs and rodents will not cross the threshhold into my cabin. ;)

Actually I have seen the stewards spraying for pests IN the cabins AND the hallways as part of regular cleaning between cruises when we were on a B2B.

Okay so let me get this straight. A dirty dish left in a cabin or bathroom will NOT draw rodents and bugs but those left in the hallway will. Is that correct? I feel SO much better knowing that bugs and rodents will not cross the threshhold into my cabin. ;)

Great answer.

Well now Im as confused as ever! I do like to do the right thing, but seeing all the responses here, Im no further enlightened than before. Is there actually a right thing to do with the room service tray? Or is it either or?:confused:

Well now Im as confused as ever! I do like to do the right thing, but seeing all the responses here, Im no further enlightened than before. Is there actually a right thing to do with the room service tray? Or is it either or?:confused:

Not on CC - you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. :D

no right or wrong answer. Leave it where it will be best for you and best for your steward. If that is the hall-way then make sure it is stacked neat and as much as can be out of the way. If that is the room also make sure it is stacked neat and out of the way.

I do it both ways. I think one time I did leave a tray from late night room service out in the hall. First cruise, everyone was doing it, so I did too. It was gone by the time we got up for breakfast the next morning. But, also my husband and I also tend to drink a lot of coffee throughout the day and we always have a collection of dishes and mugs. We usually put them over on the desk and stack them in a little neat pile and the room steward always takes them. Never had a problem doing it either way. I do understand how it could be a nuisance in the hall but if I had more than 2 people in my room I would understand how that could get a bit crowded.

yes. just like home, putting food on the floor, or putting food in the trash, gets the same results. :rolleyes:

Another thread on this?

I put my tray in the hallway right outside the door - as most people do on ships and resorts. If it is a late night meal, I tend to keep it in the room until morning since nobody will be by to pick it up.

If you are unsure just ask the person that delivers it. :)

Bingo!!! Perfect answer! :D

I think the happy medium would be this- if you are having room service for breakfast (and your cabin steward has not yet been by to make up your room), then leave it in your cabin and while you are out and about for the day it will be taken care of.

If it is late at night (midnight snack), then put it out in the hallway so it can be taken away while you sleep (and to give the drunks stumbling to their cabins at 3am something to either nibble on or step in! LOL!! ).

If it is mid-day, ask the room service person who delivers your food what they would prefer you do with the tray when done...

When putting it in the hallway, try to put it directly in front of your door vs. alongside...that will leave more room for scooters and wheelchairs to manuever. :)

When putting it in the hallway, try to put it directly in front of your door vs. alongside...that will leave more room for scooters and wheelchairs to manuever. :)

I do this. One time though I was the idiot who stepped on it when leaving the cabin in a rush to head somewhere.:o

yes. just like home, putting food on the floor, or putting food in the trash, gets the same results. :rolleyes:

Gee, what ships are you sailing that insects and rodents are appearing soon after the tray is put outside the cabin door? I need to know so I don't sail on them:eek::eek:

They seem to disappear pretty quickly on the ships I've sailed thankfully:)

Archived