Wow - hard to book a family on millennium

LouMonika

One more comment - an option is two connecting rooms, where one adult sleeps with each of the children in the respective cabins. On M class the room connections are in the middle of the cabin I believe (as opposed to S). Not sure if the door can be propped open? If so, then maybe the kids could share a connecting cabin and still sleep in their own cabin? Have never done this so just throwing out the idea again with some tweaks.

One more comment - an option is two connecting rooms, where one adult sleeps with each of the children in the respective cabins.
Unless each child has a disability or otherwise requires assistance or supervision, there would be no need for an adult to sleep in the same cabin with each of the children.

It is more common for the parents to sleep in one cabin and the children in another, irrespective of whether or not the cabins are connecting.

If the children's cabin is a distance away from the parents' cabin, they may want you to book one adult in each cabin on paper, although even then it is not always requested.

But regardless of how the cabins are booked, nobody cares who sleeps in which cabin, as long as they all are well behaved and do not disturb other passengers.

We are headed for a family cruise in July and have opted for adjoining cabins. The parental/grandparental units will be in their own cabins and the kids paired off in their own cabins. The 2 youngsters will be in an adjoining cabin with their parents so that it's just basically 2 bedrooms with a doorway between them.

Don't know about all of you, but my kid has had her own room since she was small, and sleeping in her own (adjoining) room has always been our fav solution.

I hold firm to the principal that it is NOT a vacation for me if the Spouse and I are sharing a bedroom with the Offspring ; -)

Thru a door way is as close as I want to be...

Unless each child has a disability or otherwise requires assistance or supervision, there would be no need for an adult to sleep in the same cabin with each of the children.

It is more common for the parents to sleep in one cabin and the children in another, irrespective of whether or not the cabins are connecting.

If the children's cabin is a distance away from the parents' cabin, they may want you to book one adult in each cabin on paper, although even then it is not always requested.

But regardless of how the cabins are booked, nobody cares who sleeps in which cabin, as long as they all are well behaved and do not disturb other passengers.

I believe she said the children were 8 and 10. To each their own, but I would not put my child of that age in a separate room unless they were right next door and the connecting door was, at a minimum, unlocked and preferably propped open. It is not a question of what the cruiseline would allow - it is what I would allow as a parent. For older children, of course I may decide differently.

We have just booked an FV on Millie for December for 4 of us, its on Gty but the only cabin above us that has availability for 4 is the Presidential suite so we arent too worried! Even though it is still 7 months out they are offering the FV for sale for 1 to 5 passengers! Its a cruise out of Singapore so I don't think they are expecting too many big families!

Isn't it a shame that you had to go through hoops to get what should have been easy. FV is nice. A pair of connecting cabins with an inside connecting door is also good. We just did that on the Summit. It worked out well.....and it gives you 2 bathrooms.

We have just booked an FV on Millie for December for 4 of us, its on Gty but the only cabin above us that has availability for 4 is the Presidential suite so we arent too worried! Even though it is still 7 months out they are offering the FV for sale for 1 to 5 passengers! Its a cruise out of Singapore so I don't think they are expecting too many big families!

Nice work! I just booked a corner FV on the Millie for January out of Singapore. They were on guarantee yesterday - but today the cabins became available. I was able to get the FV I wanted :D. So maybe go and check if individual cabin selections are available for your cruise too...

Well done Mum and son!!!

I checkec on ours, its still on guarantee on the Celebrity site, looked at your cruise and the FV's are coming up sold out. If that is the case you did particularly well to grab the one you wanted in that tiny window of opportunity!

Well done Mum and son!!!

I checkec on ours, its still on guarantee on the Celebrity site, looked at your cruise and the FV's are coming up sold out. If that is the case you did particularly well to grab the one you wanted in that tiny window of opportunity!

It was a massive fluke - right place, right time I think. Funnily enough, while they were still showing as a guarantee yesterday my online TA told me that the cabin I wanted was available and able to be booked. No other TAs could see it - they all said I had to take a guarantee...then I saw one appear online on the Celebrity site... not sure how the whole system works but I'm sure glad it worked out in my favour this time around :D.

Your a perfect case of why you should NOT book a Guarantee cabin. You want and need a specific cabin that fits your specific needs and I think you did the right thing by boooking via Celebrity directly. Guaranteed cabins area great for someone who is flexible and looking for a cheaper price AND a possible upgrade.

Glad to hear you got the cabin you wanted.

Well done Mum and son!!!

Are you direct or with a TA? Either ring Celebrity, or get your TA to do it. The FVs are shown as sold out on my cruise (as you saw yesterday) and last night my TA managed to secure the one next door to mine for some other family members. So maybe Celebrity are just holding them in reserve for families with larger numbers of guests and are not making them available for general sale. It's certainly worth a phone call.

We are with a TA, one we have spent a lot of money with in the past, they give us a great price!

I will call Celebrity later tonight when I can get someone in the States...or did you find a number here in Oz?

We are with a TA, one we have spent a lot of money with in the past, they give us a great price!

I will call Celebrity later tonight when I can get someone in the States...or did you find a number here in Oz?

The TA might need to call, but I guess you could pretend to be a new customer... ;)

Do you use Skype? You can call a US 1800... number for free via Skype. I use it all the time to call my overseas TA.

I don't have Skype, but just tried to call, have to wait until after 10 tonight when they will be open, the price we pay for living on our side of the world!

TA requested a Corner in the booking, guess we have a 50:50 chance of getting it anyway! Not too worried if we dont get it the other FV's look fine as well. Just me trying to over organise everything.

The FV's have gone from our cruise now as well, I guess it just means they are filling up and you have to contact them direct to book. Our cruise seems to be fairly popular, they can't upgrade us if they tried...everything above us is sold out! Seems strange 7 months out. I guess their experiment at putting a ship over there has proved very popular!

Thanks Libby!
I did ring Celebrity in the US but after being transferred to 3 different departments and ending up with Ms Surly and Unhelpful (Celebrity could really do with some customer service lessons) I gave up and threw it back at the Travel Agent, if she can book a great cabin great, but any of the FV's will be fine really. She didnt get to it Friday but will hopefully have a look Monday. I will not be a control freak...or at least will try not to be!

Enjoy your cruise it looks wonderful! We looked at that one but the kids wanted to be in Hong Kong for Christmas so the earlier one was the winner!

Archived