The Fifth Estate - "The Wreck of the Costa Concordia"

Cupcrazy

On the National Geographic cable channel last night, they had a very well-crafted program on this tragedy. I am sure it will be repeated in the future. From watching most of this program last night, I was impressed with how they "told the story" using so many different interviews with passengers and staff who had been on the ship, plus the various cell phone video segments that told the story as if you were "inside" as this was happening. Very chilling and enlightening. Sad!! I'm not sure how Costa and/or Carnival ever explain this one to future customers. It's hard to trust people who are so bad both during the incident, plus since that time.

THANKS! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 64,098 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

As we did our sail-away on the Solstice in Barcelona, this was the view of our next-door docking neighbor, a Costa ship with their unique yellow "C" stack. Just recently, I looked more closely at this picture to see that it is the now infamous Concordia that, sadly, will not be sailing out of Barcelona any more. As you can see, it was clearly a nice-looking ship. Such a tragedy! In the background of my picture, you can see the unique curved shaped of the fairly new W Hotel that is located overlooking the main Barcelona beach area.:

BarcelCostaConcordiaInPort.jpg

Archived