QM2 webcam

RCNslr

Anyone else notice that QM2 is not functioning? Usually Blue Marble sets us all straight!:)

Mustangs has provided good advice. I just wanted to add that the time shown on the QM2 webcam is UTC (or GMT if you prefer). I'm not sure exactly which time zone the QM2 is at the moment, but she is currently at least 5 hours and perhaps as much as 6 hours ahead of the time shown on the webcam.

Regards,

John.

The Queen Mary is about three days west of Fremantle in Australia and as I post it is in the middle of the night there. Nice to have her in my time zone for a change, well, as of next week she will be about 20 minutes away from where I live, in Adelaide.

It has been working for me on my iphone app.

I don't have an iphone :(

I'm currently looking at the webcam at http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Bridge-Web-Cam/qm2.jpg?0.7322816741700949

Question: when the webcam is down, does that effect the pin markers which are intended to show the ships' position? Or do the pin markers accurately reflect the current postion of the ship, regardless of the web cam being fubar? Thanks. -S

It is very overcast where QM is cruising right now and possibly lumpy seas. Even a bit of rain. Not like our normal blistering hot weather at all. Maybe in March when she returns it will be nicer.

Pushka, is QM2 in the Great Australian Bight right now? I had hoped to catch a glimpse on QM2's webcam :(

Hmm that's weird. All the Queens web cams are black. NASA has a tracking site which isnt a cam but it does show where she is and weather conditions. Also a website that has sea in the URL and which is an excellent scanner according to google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... NASA has a tracking site which isnt a cam but it does show where she is and weather conditions. ...

Hi, Pushka.

Can you provide the URL to the NASA tracking site you mentioned? I am not familiar with that site. It sounds interesting.

Regards,

John.

Hi John. Unfortunately mention of the site the NASA tracking site is used gets people here banned. Not sure why. The caption at the bottom of the satellite capture says NASA terra metrics. Maybe a google search will help. All cruise ships are tracked. Sea is in the URL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that isn't what is actually the weather here, where QM2 is an hour away. It is heavily overcast. A bit of rain. That picture simply isn't correct ( and it is actually Saturday 11th at 7.49 am as I post and where QM really is). Wish we did have those blue skies. :(

Pushka,

The QM2 bridge webcam image I am seeing at http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Bridge-Web-Cam/ is correct. It does have quite a bluish tint to it.

As I mentioned previously in post #3 above, the time shown on the webcam is not the local time of the QM2's current location, but rather UTC / GMT. As I am writing this, the webcam is showing a date and time of Fri Feb 10 2012 22:39:43 which is the current time in London. So, as far as the webcam is concerned, it is still Friday, February 10th for another hour and 20 minutes or so.

Regards,

John.

Pushka,

The QM2 bridge webcam image I am seeing at http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Bridge-Web-Cam/ is correct. It does have quite a bluish tint to it.

As I mentioned previously in post #3 above, the time shown on the webcam is not the local time of the QM2's current location, but rather UTC / GMT. As I am writing this, the webcam is showing a date and time of Fri Feb 10 2012 22:39:43 which is the current time in London. So, as far as the webcam is concerned, it is still Friday, February 10th for another hour and 20 minutes or so.

Regards,

John.

Hi John, thank you for clarifying all that. Yes, I see what you mean about the blue tint. It is currently raining but the sky on the cam looks very blue! Maybe they do that on purpose!:p

Archived