Maybe I should email Carnival re: my cabin steward

firefly333

We had a conversation this morning, where I'm saying go rest, we can't give up our cabins yet anyway, you are going to need the rest later. He said "My guests might need something and I want to be available.

His boss I think or some man came along and told me Mohamed was the employee of the month since yesterday. He went out of his way, but the CD was also so good, he deserves kudoes too. He kept apologizing. Like not just because we could not dock, but later after we docked, for instance, he said ok those of you waiting in the atrium, deck 3, are going to probably be mad at me for this, but my employees are going to come thru and you have to move to the waiting areas. And he said it so nice, that Im thinking people who knew they were not supposed to wait there, but had been waiting hours hoping to get off probably were dissapointed. I would have been.

If it had not been for the rain storm the fog probably would have lasted until 5 pm the cabbie told me, so I know we were lucky.

They even made lunch up in the buffet and anyone who wanted to eat lunch could have, though I was waiting, and choose to skip it.

I thought this was one of the best I have seen Carnival handle a problem.

I was on the the Triumph on the 16-21 and we were delayed getting in because of fog as well. Tex was the same way (like it was his fault that people were sitting on deck 3 and that the fog was causing a delay. He really is a great CD.)

Our cabin steward also checked on us during the delay making sure we did not need anything and dowing what he could to get stuff ready. I told him that he could come do anything in our cabin he needed to do (move the beds together and asked if we needed to vacate the cabin and he said no, that it would be an inconvience for us. Wow! And I was worried about the bad stuff I had read about the Triumph.

I completely agree with you. I was on the Triumph with you and the way they handled the situation was great. My husband and I were stuck on the Ecstasy this time last year (for about 30 extra hours!) and after the first announcement Tex made, my husband and I looked at each other and said "WOW that was more information at 8:30 in the morning than they gave us at 2:00pm last time!" I think they definately have gotten better at handling this situation! Last time they still kicked everyone out of the rooms at 8am so we were expecting that again and were shocked when they told us we could stay in our rooms and go back to sleep! I know Carnival can't control the fog, but they can control how they handle the situation and this time I give them 5 stars! (Last time 1 star for sure)

We had a conversation this morning, where I'm saying go rest, we can't give up our cabins yet anyway, you are going to need the rest later. He said "My guests might need something and I want to be available.

His boss I think or some man came along and told me Mohamed was the employee of the month since yesterday. He went out of his way, but the CD was also so good, he deserves kudoes too. He kept apologizing. Like not just because we could not dock, but later after we docked, for instance, he said ok those of you waiting in the atrium, deck 3, are going to probably be mad at me for this, but my employees are going to come thru and you have to move to the waiting areas. And he said it so nice, that Im thinking people who knew they were not supposed to wait there, but had been waiting hours hoping to get off probably were dissapointed. I would have been.

If it had not been for the rain storm the fog probably would have lasted until 5 pm the cabbie told me, so I know we were lucky.

They even made lunch up in the buffet and anyone who wanted to eat lunch could have, though I was waiting, and choose to skip it.

i'm confused. is there something you left out?

i'm confused. is there something you left out?

I was wondering the same thing. But,if you were on the Triumph, we had a room steward named Mohammad on the Triumph last year and he was the best we ever had. So, if this is the same Mohammad, I definitely agree with you and I am not surprised he was Employee of the month.

Should you let CCL know that you had fabulous service/treatment from crew members??

ABSOfreakinLUTELY!

There is no question and I wonder why you would even ask in the first place :confused:....wouldn't you want some recognition for working hard?? I know I would.

Appreciation goes a LONG way :)

Fire I think you want to redo your first paragraph. And yes contact Carnival to praise him.

Should you let CCL know that you had fabulous service/treatment from crew members??

ABSOfreakinLUTELY!

There is no question and I wonder why you would even ask in the first place :confused:....wouldn't you want some recognition for working hard?? I know I would.

Appreciation goes a LONG way :)

Well, since he is employee of the month, they already know he is good, but I guess telling them again cant hurt.

Not sure what I said that confused some people.

In the first paragraph Fire is suggesting to the room steward to go and get some rest that he will need rest later after long cabin turnaround process. The room steward declines saying that his guests may need something and wants to make himself available to them. Anyway, that's the way I interpreted the paragraph and it made sense to me.

This is confusing....... If someone doesnt know what problem on what ship you are talking about

I was confused to at first..just a syntax thing but surmise it as folks have said..yes..give kudos I think Fire..it is not overkill... when they do so well to any or all..I really think it is a gift that keeps on giving..the positive feelings, happier empolyees, gratitude etc. just adds so much to making the "lemonade" in life and these situations being better and better..how cool of them and your steward...Sarah

OK, if I wrote to Carnival I would put the cruise and ship.

I just didnt think it made a difference to my question here, just saying my cabin steward and CD were extra good, but that my cabin steward is already being recognized.

I think you wrote it after traveling all day and your mind and fingers wernt on the same page:D

And yes if it was over and above and you want to send an email mention them both as you say they both desrve it

Well, since he is employee of the month, they already know he is good, but I guess telling them again cant hurt.

Hey Fire,

There are 12 months in a year. He could be nominated again for next month. Your praise could be the extra icing on the cake for it to happen again for him.

Dave

I didn't understand any of it but the last sentence to be honest...

Folks just nevermind. I was tired. Remember I spent a lot longer on the ship yesterday than usual, then drove thru the rain thru downtown Houston and barely got thru Dallas by dark.

I was just saying what started me thinking I should contact Carnival, not what I would say to them. If you cant follow it, I dont really care. No one else needs to tell me that they cant follow what started my thought train.

Sometimes I think this forum people love to pile on, and all say the same thing, even when its not a case where you are just posting at the same time. I am still tired.

We had a conversation this morning,(Who did you have a conversation with? the cabin steward, your roommate? the CD? yourself?) where I'm saying go rest, we can't give up our cabins yet anyway, you are going to need the rest later. He said "My guests might need something and I want to be available.

His boss I think or some man came along and told me Mohamed was the employee of the month since yesterday. He went out of his way, but the CD was also so good, he deserves kudoes too.(who went out of his way, Mohamed the steward or his boss, or the guy that came along?) He kept apologizing. Like not just because we could not dock, but later after we docked, for instance, he said ok those of you waiting in the atrium, deck 3, are going to probably be mad at me for this, but my employees are going to come thru and you have to move to the waiting areas. And he said it so nice, that Im thinking people who knew they were not supposed to wait there, but had been waiting hours hoping to get off probably were dissapointed. I would have been. (????) (where were you late docking? home, or a port of call?)

You just seam to be all over the place, Pretend that you are reading someone elses post, and attack it from that "normal" point of you!

OK, if I wrote to Carnival I would put the cruise and ship.

I just didnt think it made a difference to my question here, just saying my cabin steward and CD were extra good, but that my cabin steward is already being recognized.

I could not understand what you were saying either.

Archived