Walking/shopping map

Fluffy Terry

Can anyone suggest a website where I can obtain good maps of the places we will be visiting during our cruise in 2013. The maps the cruise line hands out are not very good at all. We love to walk around the places we visit and go to shops etc that the cruise lines doesnt recommend. Tired of jewellry stores. We will be visiting Charlotte Amalie, Bassseterre, Willemestad, Oranjestad, St croix, Phillipsburg, St John's, Castries, Bridgetown

Oh good, the cruise ship terminal is clearly marked, as are the post offices.

Post Office? P is for parking. they don't have postal service like we do in the states. But there is a box that you can drop mail into at the Riffort Area as you are returning to ship. It will take weeks for your mail to get to the doorstep.

Post Office? P is for parking.

Who is talking about the P symbol? The post office symbol is a black rectangle with a white X in it- next to the word Post Office.

Here, I circled one for you, right in the middle of this section of Willemstad:

attachment.php?attachmentid=221787&stc=1&d=1329243136

There is also a post office on Breedestraat, in the Otrobanda district.

831292660_postoffice.jpg.dd3dc6ad069fc9aaf33f3b9f5d52c15b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We took the pink trolley tour when we arrived and that really helped us get our bearings in Willemstad........they let you off very close to the Punda side of the pontoon bridge and it's easy to navigate around town from there! We walked back across the bridge and through Rif Fort area on our way back to the ship. We didn't venture away from that small area, since we were only there for the late afternoon/evening, but we LOVED this stop - it is an absolutely beautiful place! The trolley tour was great, the people are very friendly, the island (or what we saw of it) was very clean.

Thanks, Isa - we did love Curacao and would love to go back and spend more time. We were sorry we didn't get to see the beaches and more of the island. The lady who did our tour expressed such pride in her country and all the people there, she left a very good impression of your country!

I am happy to see such good things about Curacao. I will be there in April ! :) Any suggestions on what to do in the Evening ? I will be there from 2pm-11pm and it will get dark pretty quick so whatever I do I better get started right away ! I want to see all the colorful buildings... But would also like to see a beach. The Sun will go down quickly :(

Any help appreceiated

Lynda

Thanks to all for the map and other valuable information. I was in Curacao on one of my very first cruise's and enjoyed it immensly. I remember how friendly everyone was and how when you arrive you see all the color buildings at the port...reminded me of Charleston S.C. Lydia of Ohio

• 3 weeks later...
Post Office? P is for parking. they don't have postal service like we do in the states.

I had no trouble whatsoever finding the post office in Willemstad, because it was clearly marked on the map. I didn't even need to take the map with me; since I read maps for a living, I simply memorized where it was. The only bad thing was that they had run out of stamps, so people back home won't get a Curaçao stamp, just a paid postage label.

• 2 weeks later...

Isa,

We will be in Curacao May 10th from 8-4. We would like to do Kon Tiki/Cabana beach are they all the same and if we take a taxi what beach do I tell my taxi to go to? We also would like to do the floating market after we leave the beach before we go back to the ship. Would you please advise on how to go about this?

we will be there from 1pm-11pm on a wednesday. can anyone tell me what time the shops close? we would love to see the island during the day or a beach for a little and then shop at night, if thats possible. also...is there a great beach close to the port since we probably wont be getting off the ship until 1:30?

Isa,

We will be in Curacao May 10th from 8-4. We would like to do Kon Tiki/Cabana beach are they all the same and if we take a taxi what beach do I tell my taxi to go to? We also would like to do the floating market after we leave the beach before we go back to the ship. Would you please advise on how to go about this?

Kontiki/Cabana Beach/Mambo Beach/Seaquarium Beach is one long stretch of beach with Cabana being the first.

Very easy to get a taxi at the pier and tell them to take you to Cabana Beach ($20 one way per cab, not per person).

There are always taxis (especially at the Seaquarium beach entrance) to take you back. Just tell the driver to leave you downtown at the floating market. From there it's a nice walk through the downtown area and back to the ship. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
We took the pink trolley tour when we arrived and that really helped us get our bearings in Willemstad........they let you off very close to the Punda side of the pontoon bridge and it's easy to navigate around town from there! We walked back across the bridge and through Rif Fort area on our way back to the ship. We didn't venture away from that small area, since we were only there for the late afternoon/evening, but we LOVED this stop - it is an absolutely beautiful place! The trolley tour was great, the people are very friendly, the island (or what we saw of it) was very clean.

Can you tell me, where you got the trolley and the cost? Do get on and off the trolley or do you stay for the round trip?

Can you tell me, where you got the trolley and the cost? Do get on and off the trolley or do you stay for the round trip?

Depending on your cruiseline, you can book this tour through the ship. Or you can book online - http://www.atlantissubmarines.com/curacao/trolley

You do get off at certain stops, but this is NOT a hop on/hop off trolley. Once the trolley continues and you are not onboard, you have lost your fare.

Is it walking distance from the cruise ship terminal to Fort Amsterdam (the start of the trolley ride?)

Yes, it is. Once you get off-board you will be routed through the Riffort Village. Outside this fort you will see the canal on your right and you will immediately see Fort Amsterdam. You need to cross the pontoon bridge to get to Punda, where the trolley train departs (in front of Ft. Amsterdam).

Have a great cruise!

Yes, it is. Once you get off-board you will be routed through the Riffort Village. Outside this fort you will see the canal on your right and you will immediately see Fort Amsterdam. You need to cross the pontoon bridge to get to Punda, where the trolley train departs (in front of Ft. Amsterdam).

Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much!

• 1 year later...

what is the average time it would take to walk this map as it is laid out. I know everyone is different but its hard to understand how big of an area we're dealing with. We want to go to the beach too but don't know if it's unreasonable to think we could do both. in port from 8-5

• 2 weeks later...

Archived