Size of luggage carry-on and checked. smuggal drinks ...

carry on size should equate to airline carry on size. They use similiar security scanners so your luggage should fit through. (although I do recall seeing some bigger bags being lugged around once on board. When you say smuggled drinks, do you mean soda or booze. If booze, use runrummers to enhance your chances or actually getting it through in checked luggage. I'd say if trying to smuggle bottles, 90% get confiscated. If water/soda, out of florida, if they are in cases, completely sealed they tend to be okay.

Can any one help me with the sizes that we can carry on and check.And whitch way is the best way to bring drinks on carry on or checked First timer her any other words of wisdom will help too...
:rolleyes: Read the RCCL policy on bringing alcohol onboard, it's not allowed. If you get caught you lose your booze, it's that simple..:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Read the RCCL policy on bringing alcohol onboard, it's not allowed. If you get caught you lose your booze, it's that simple..:rolleyes:

You're right but the op didn't ask for RCCL's policy on bringing alcohol aboard. In fact, give the use of the word smuggled, I'm pretty sure she knows the policy and is trying to circumvent it. If you don't approve that's fine, but don't be foisting your morality on others please?

not sure about any bag size. im a back pack kinda a guy.

And the idea of SMUGGLING, well thats right up my alley. I have yet to take a cruise where i have not brought bottles on, in their original bottle, in my luggage that i check. Hell, 20 yrs ago i carried a case of Banks beer on the Monarch when we were in Barbados. I know its differant today, but i always do. If they catch it and take it, i sure hope they have fun with it!!!

I just bought a bunch of the smuggle-its and will be making my attempt at beating the system in April. I have heard the the Rum Runners are also very affective. Happy smuggling your fare waying pirates!!!!!!! Arg!!

We just finished a 9 nighter through the western Caribbean and we had two of the hiking-bladder type thingys full of rum and we also had a 26oz in the original bottle (plastic) stuffed in a shoe in the checked luggage (different suitcases) and they all made it to the room safe and sound :p

I figured that if they didn't make it, so be it - if they do - GREAT!!!! And GREAT it was! We also purchased a large wine package and bought drinks by the pool, etc. so I don't feel in the least bit guilty, they got loads of money from us.

As far as water goes, we purchased bottled water on the stops and brought it aboard in plain view and no one said a word.

When we were on the Adventure of the Seas, 2 weeks ago, we bought a mickey size of coconut rum. $4.99 in St Thomas. DH had it in his pocket. He got it taken away. We got it the last night of our cruise.

You're right but the op didn't ask for RCCL's policy on bringing alcohol aboard. In fact, give the use of the word smuggled, I'm pretty sure she knows the policy and is trying to circumvent it. If you don't approve that's fine, but don't be foisting your morality on others please?
Huh, what???? Now that makes just about zero sense:rolleyes::rolleyes:...K.O. near Philly

Can any one help me with the sizes that we can carry on and check.And whitch way is the best way to bring drinks on carry on or checked First timer her any other words of wisdom will help too...

As a first timer you are exempt from the RCI alcohol policy as long as declare your alcohol beverages at check-in. If you try to smuggle it in your checked baggage it will automatically be seized but first timers can just present it for declaration at the check-in counter and get a pass.;)

As a first timer you are exempt from the RCI alcohol policy as long as declare your alcohol beverages at check-in. If you try to smuggle it in your checked baggage it will automatically be seized but first timers can just present it for declaration at the check-in counter and get a pass.;)
Thats right, no problems just make the security people aware of your alcohol, you'll be fine;)...K.O. Near Philly

I just bring a bunch of the little alcohol bottles and pack them in my toiletry bag. No problem. They look like mini shampoos. I like to add a little extra to my drinks or have a drink on ice in the room. Worked great. And if they take them away I'm not out a lot of money.

Hi All,

I realize this is a RCI thread and don't want to hijack it. I have heard lots of great things about this line, but their alcohol policy is draconian, IMHO. We often cruise with Princess because of their liberal policy towards bringing our own "cabin wine."

My wife and I love our red wine - not for a buzz, but for appreciation of the complexities. Some of our favorite memories are sitting on the balcony during less than ideal weather, snuggled up with a blanket, sipping a glass of Cabernet while playing a hardy game of Yahtzee.

We buy a bottle of wine for dinner each evening; Princess does well by us. The Princess prices are far lower than land based restaurants, and higher than found in a wine shop. Given their discount and tax free (?) purchases they still make a nice profit without gouging the customers too badly :)

That said, we usually bring two bottles of wine in our luggage and two bottles in our carry ons. The Princess website (FAQ section) states carry on wine and champagne at embarkation are allowed. However, beer and hard liquor will be stored until the end of the cruise.

The only issue I have ever heard of with application of this policy is in San Juan; some folks are challenged, others not.

Take care!

You can bring larger carry ons onto the ship than the airlines allow.

(just remember your aching back dragging those things around before you can check into your cabin :eek:).

Each cruise is different. Some pack booze in their bags and never get caught.

Me? I had 3 small bottles of water in my checked bag and had to wait in a long

line in the "naughty room" to prove they were not alcohol. :(

I was treated to that long line again on my last Jewel cruise to claim my missing

suitcase. The nefarious contraband? Wire clothes hangers. sheeez.... :rolleyes:

The water bottles AND those dangerous hangers were allowed to accompany me

back to my cabin on both occasions. ;)

Archived