Paris airport (CDG) to city

MICHE99

We agree with the prior post. On past visits we have tried to use some of the local shuttle services but these are small vans that offer shared services. What happens is you meet your van, but then have to wait until they gather the other passengers. This can often involve spending time at the airport, sometimes driving around until they find other booked passengers, etc. You do save some money (there are several of these companies listed on the internet) but there is something to say for spending the extra money and just grabbing a taxi.

Hank

You can also take the Air France bus to one of it's stops( you will see the stand outside where you can by a tiket and see where it stops) and grab a taxi from there,but this loke the shared van can eat up a lot of time.I have done all 3,and IMHO take a taxi,BUT make sure it is from a taxi stand outsde in line.DO NOT take one that is offered as you come out the doors.They will rip you off so bad it isn't funny.

Thanks for the advice. Here in the Washington DC area one can reserve a shuttle and they are very reliable. However, I only speak a little french and I'd rather just get to where we are going. As it is, we are arriving on Bastille day so I am anticipating a bit of traffic.

Thanks for the advice. Here in the Washington DC area one can reserve a shuttle and they are very reliable. However, I only speak a little french and I'd rather just get to where we are going. As it is, we are arriving on Bastille day so I am anticipating a bit of traffic.

I used to live in Potomac...shuttles were great there.Anyway,an FYI for you.When you get the taxi have a piece of paper with the hotel name and address on it to show the driver..it may be of help to you both. Enjoy Paris.

As it is, we are arriving on Bastille day so I am anticipating a bit of traffic.

Actually, except in the deep center of Paris (where the military ceremony is held in the morning, and fireworks in the evening), you can expect little traffic on Bastille Day. People don't go to work, they stay at home. There will be some traffic maybe going out of Paris (it can be the start of the holidays for some) but you shouldn't have any problem going into Paris. We don't celebrate our national holiday the same way you do in the US, it's mostly just a day out of work.

At what time do you arrive, and where is your hotel?

We arrive at 4:30pm and are staying at the Hotel Lutetia on Boulevard Raspail.

I don't think you should have a lot of traffic, honestly. It would be rush hour if it was a working day, but it is a holiday and besides it is the week-end (Saturday), and it's too early for people that will come and watch the fireworks.

A taxi would be the most convenient, but keep in mind that prices are a little bit higher during a holiday (about 10/15%).

Archived