POM to FLL

Mykidsaregreat

We have an 11:30 flight from FLL and we disembark in POM. We plan to carry our luggage off the shipo to speed the process. We are first time cruisers.....does anyone know the earliest time we are likely to get off the ship if we carry our luggage? I would like to book a time for our shuttle.....thanks a bunch!

We were on the Valor last week and had an 11:55am flight out of FLL. There was a delay with customs and they did not even start letting people off til after 8am. We had luggage tags for zone 1 so we got off at 8:45am at which time they were just calling zones 3 & 4. We used SAS Transportation. They knew we had an early flight and were parked in a nearby lot waiting for us to get off and clear customs. They were there to pick us up within 5 minutes of the phone call and we were at the FLL airport by 9:40am. The lines were mad long but moved very quickly. We checked our luggage, got our boarding passes, made it through security and were sitting at our gate at 10:17am.

We have an 11:30 flight from FLL and we disembark in POM. We plan to carry our luggage off the shipo to speed the process. We are first time cruisers.....does anyone know the earliest time we are likely to get off the ship if we carry our luggage? I would like to book a time for our shuttle.....thanks a bunch!

Last year we carried our luggage off ourself as soon as they opened the gang way ! We were off at about 6:45am! BUt this was carnival our of Port Canaveral...not POM... not sure if its different here

I would book a private car. You are going to be cutting it too close with a private shuttle.

Forty five minutes is making the drive in good time. During busy times, the drive can easily take an hour.

You MUST be checked in at the airport by 10:30AM and I've had it take me an hour to get through security before.

I would book a private car. You are going to be cutting it too close with a private shuttle.

Forty five minutes is making the drive in good time. During busy times, the drive can easily take an hour.

You MUST be checked in at the airport by 10:30AM and I've had it take me an hour to get through security before.

Wouldn't you be checked in *before* you went through security? :confused:

At any rate, that is cutting it close if anything goes wrong. We did a PoM taxi to FLL to catch a 1pm flight. Got there early enough to switch to an 11:15am flight, so it *can* be done, just be prepared with a backup plan in case you don't make it.

GP

Archived