Are we the only early risers on the last day?

aggieastrosfan

Reading another thread where some people were upset at having to wake up so early got me curious - when do you get up on the last day?

DH and I are the type of people where when we know we have somewhere to be, we want to get up and get going. We're usually up before 6 am as a result (even on cruises in our home port of Galveston), and on our way home before 8 am. Last cruise on the Magic my DH and his buddy across the hall were standing in the hall discussing all the work emails they'd missed at 5:45 am.

We always do self-assist, so we are just used to having to be wherever we need to be by 7-7:30 am. Just curious what time everyone else thinks is a "normal" time to get up and get going on that last morning?

I had a wake up call at 7 am and clearly there were people up hours before me. .. slamming their doors. Dont people who are up the last morning ever think to not let their door slam and all that banging around?? I just got off yesterday, and I assure you people were up very early .. kept me from sleeping. Who needed a wake up call.

I am up at 6 everyday, home or cruise, but then I am down by 9 PM as well. I am only 48 and can't stay up till 10 PM anymore...my 7 year old poops me out :)

Atleast this works well for getting the kiddo to sleep.

I get up by about 6.15 or 6.30am, just to be ready for my last morning room service breakfast ( yes even on debarkation day ). Breakfast comes at about 7am, and I enjoy a leisurely breakfast in my stateroom on that last morning until about 8.30 or 9am at the latest. I always book my flights for Noon or early afternoon. I ask my room steward if it is ok to stay till then and have always been okayed. So yes, early get up, but to enjoy a peaceful breakfast in my room, and out of my room by 8.30 to 9am. Just me.:)

just got off the Dream Sat. morning we were in our car on the way home at 645am we were self assist and on floor 2 I loved the cruise but when it's time to go I do not want to deal with crowds, drove bake to columbia sc and arrived home at 1:15pm:):):)

We had to be IN Sapphire lounge at 6am, that is way too early to have to get up on vacation. It's fine if I wake up and get up but another thing to HAVE to get up before 6. For over 30 years I was up and at work by 7 so now I want to sleep in whenever I want to.

We woke at 6am, planning to self debark from the Magic. When we saw a wall of fog, we crawled back into bed until 7:30. But we let our daughter and her friend sleep until noon. They had an inside room and we knew they were up till all hours of the morning. We didn't dock until 2pm.

KN

I had a wake up call at 7 am and clearly there were people up hours before me. .. slamming their doors. Dont people who are up the last morning ever think to not let their door slam and all that banging around?? I just got off yesterday, and I assure you people were up very early .. kept me from sleeping. Who needed a wake up call.

I agree. What is up with that????

I too just got off of our cruise yesterday (Liberty) and I had my alarm set for 6:30. But noooooo, the doors were slamming, both stateroom and balcony doors before 6:00. Was quite annoying so I rolled out of bed at 6:06, which was okay because I was able to catch some nice shots coming back into POM. During the cruise, I heard very few slams and mostly they were only the balcony doors.

It depends. We've had cruises where we've gotten up before 6, but on our last one we got up around 6:30 because we had everything together the night before. We had a leisurely breakfast in the MDR and waited for our zone to be called. But we lived within 2 hours of the port and were in no hurry.

When on holiday, I never sleep in. I love to get up and have coffee in the quiet. My husband and son are the opposite... They can sleep all day.

We usually get up and go on the last day. If we are driving back to Toronto it is best to go really early and carry our own bags off.. If flying we will take our time because we book a late afternoon flight or the next day..

We are up and at 'em fairly early as well. We're fans of using Luggage Express, but we're still up in time to be showered, carry-ons packed and eaten breakfast well before we're due in the lounge to meet for our LE debarkation. We're also not ones to sleep in normally while on the cruise at all. So much fun to be had, memories to be made, adventures to be taken!

Why are people so anxious to get off the ship? You paid for it, enjoy it!

I'm with you. I used to get up and be in the Platinum Lounge and 9 times out of 10, I spent an hour in there waiting to be taken off first!:confused: The heck with that. I talk with my room steward the night before, (whom I have tipped extra), and ask if I'm out by 9 am if that is O.K. They have lots of other cabins that have vacated so it's not usually a problem.

Oh, how I wish I could be one of those people who could sleep late, but no..I am usually up by 6:30. I am a light sleeper also, so any noise in the halls would probably wake me.

BTW 6:30 really is sleeping in for me, at home I am usually up by 5. I go to bed at 10.

So we always do self-assist and make our way to the airport.

Why are people so anxious to get off the ship? You paid for it, enjoy it!

Two reasons for me. The last two years I've found airfare deals by using an 11am flight. So we've done platinum self-assist to make the flights.

Without early flights, we do set our luggage out but for me that last morning is just a reminder that vacation is over with no activities or entertainment. It's boring to me. The stewards are ready for you to go so they can do a full turn of the room. Sitting around waiting for a number to be called in a lounge somewhere isn't much fun to me - I'd rather be on the way back home at that point.

Archived