Princess Ship Charm

oratheeexplorer

I bought a bracelet with 5 charms on Carnival for $24, but don't like the bracelet. May have to look at this one when I'm on the Golden to see if these other charms fit....and maybe buy a couple more charms while I'm at it!!

Thanks so much for scanning these in!

I asked when I was on the Caribbean Princess last fall and was told they are made of the same type of material that the Swarovski jewlery is made of but the name that they called it escapes me. I have a Pandora braceletadn they fit on that. The charms that I purchased in October look just as new and nice as the ones that I purchased last week on my cruise.

I'm so excited to see this thread. I've been looking for cruise ship charms forever but never had any luck. I may have to get a new bracelet with all the charms I found on Kay's catalog, but their cruise ship charm kind of looks like it's sinking ;) I'll be sure to take my bracelet on my upcoming Princess cruise to be sure their charms fit. Thanks for the photos.

We were recently on the Emerald and they were sold out of the Cruise Ship charm and didn't get a new supply during the cruise. My DW would love one and I was wondering if there's any way to get one if you're not on a ship? Or is anyone cruising soon that would be willing to try to get one for me and I'd be happy to reimburse them? Thanks

• 4 months later...

I purchased a bracelet and quite a few charms on the Star this past Feb and I loved it - initially, but since getting home it has really started to tarnish and tarnish bad. I pulled out the paper that was with the charm barcelet on directions for cleaning and it does warn that it will tarnish if it gets wet or your sweat could cause it to tarnish too. It is NOT sterling silver. I tried cleaning it with a silver cleaning cloth to buff it but it didn't help at all.

My honey recently went to Pandora's store and bought me the sterling silver bracelet, all the charms fit on it and I know now at least I can clean it if it needs it.

Hope this helps others

I started the tradition of DH purchasing something to remember the ship...Diamond, Ruby, etc. ;)

I like your thinking! May have to start that tradition for my bracelet! Cannot wait to sail on Diamond Princess now. The challenge will be to find something to represent Island Princess...

I purchased a bracelet and quite a few charms on the Star this past Feb and I loved it - initially, but since getting home it has really started to tarnish and tarnish bad. I pulled out the paper that was with the charm barcelet on directions for cleaning and it does warn that it will tarnish if it gets wet or your sweat could cause it to tarnish too. It is NOT sterling silver. I tried cleaning it with a silver cleaning cloth to buff it but it didn't help at all.

My honey recently went to Pandora's store and bought me the sterling silver bracelet, all the charms fit on it and I know now at least I can clean it if it needs it.

Hope this helps others

Did just the bracelet tarnish or did the charms tarnish too?

just the bracelet - the charms are good

Thanks.....then maybe I could get some charms to put on my bracelet from Kays. I like the colored ones, and they are really expensive at Kays, the price on the booklet that was posted on here seem a lot more reasonable.

We were recently on the Emerald and they were sold out of the Cruise Ship charm and didn't get a new supply during the cruise. My DW would love one and I was wondering if there's any way to get one if you're not on a ship? Or is anyone cruising soon that would be willing to try to get one for me and I'd be happy to reimburse them? Thanks

I will be on the Emerald is several months and would be happy to get one for you. :)

I may have to get a new bracelet with all the charms I found on Kay's catalog

Get a necklace. My bracelet filled up, so I asked for and got one for Christmas. Mine is Pandora, but there are a lot of different brands and styles out there.

I'm looking forward to getting some new charms on the Emerald next spring.

I like your thinking! May have to start that tradition for my bracelet! Cannot wait to sail on Diamond Princess now. The challenge will be to find something to represent Island Princess...

Go for a high quality tanzanite ;) They push that stone on the Caribbean cruises and it is the "Island".

• 7 months later...
2043188340102815846S600x600Q85.jpg

Ok, this is the first page. There are 5 more, but I just can't do them right now. Hope this helps a little bit. It shows the ship and the sea witch.

A couple of weeks ago the idea came to me of purchasing a charm bracelet for my DW with charms to represent various parts of our upcoming Golden Princess cruise to Hawaii (March 27). I have spent hours of frustration online looking for the kind of charms I hope to find. Even though I am a CC member I never even thought to look on CC, but a search for a Princess cruise ship charm led me to this thread! Unfortunately none of the photos in this thread are showing up on my computer.

I hope to give DW each charm separately, detached from the bracelet. Is this possible or do the charms need to be attached at the store at the time of purchase? From my searches it seems to me that there are various types of charms that would not be compatible with each other. Can anyone offer me some suggestions on what kind of charms to look for? (Obviously I am stupid when it comes to charms, so please bear with my naivete.)

A couple of weeks ago the idea came to me of purchasing a charm bracelet for my DW with charms to represent various parts of our upcoming Golden Princess cruise to Hawaii (March 27). I have spent hours of frustration online looking for the kind of charms I hope to find. Even though I am a CC member I never even thought to look on CC, but a search for a Princess cruise ship charm led me to this thread! Unfortunately none of the photos in this thread are showing up on my computer.

I hope to give DW each charm separately, detached from the bracelet. Is this possible or do the charms need to be attached at the store at the time of purchase? From my searches it seems to me that there are various types of charms that would not be compatible with each other. Can anyone offer me some suggestions on what kind of charms to look for? (Obviously I am stupid when it comes to charms, so please bear with my naivete.)

The bracelets are definitely a do-it-yourself project. And lots of fun.

Check for charms / bracelets on ebay. Most of the charms I have I paid $1 to $5 each - obviously they're not Pandora, etc. (silver plated rather than solid silver) but the quality so far is outstanding. A company called Pugster has beautiful charms - and you can buy directly from them on-line if you don't want to bother with ebay. Their regular prices are pretty good and they usually have some on sale.

The colored beads I got in lots of 50 for anywhere from $8 to $12.

Bracelets run from $5 to $15 - and you can take the end off (usually one end screws off) to put the beads on. Bracelets come in several styles. Make sure you get it long enough - 1 to 1 1/2 inches longer than the circumference of the persons wrist.

This is the one I made to commemorate our Australia / NZ cruise. I actually have 4 bracelets - another for cruising, one for places we've lived and traveled to and one for our interests / family. The nice thing is that I can change out the colored beads easily to go with what I'm wearing.

DSC01150_zps24348cf0.jpg