Bon Voyage Bottle Limit

BigDog™

We were limited to 4 bottles when we called 2 weeks ago...(we wanted to order 5) However, the Rep did ask me if we were traveling with anyone else so that we could have extra bottle delivered to their cabin.

I heard the rumors of the prices going up, so I called last week, and glad I did. I ordered a bottle of Baccardi, she asked me white or lemon, so took one of each! The lemon one was a surprise. Next, I got a bottle of Makers Mark. After ordering this, the sales agent asked if I would like one more, saying I could get up to 4 bottles. So I ordered one more bottle.

After this, I asked about just buying more on board, and she told me that any opened bottles attempted to bring onboard would be discarded, any closed bottles would be held (purchased on islands) and that I could not buy any Bon Voyage bottles once on board, that they would be held until it was time to get off the ship. Not sure if she was just trying to get me to purchase the 4th bottle or not, but I was taking no chance and got the 4th bottle.

She also said if I did not drink it on board, I could carry it off with me, if it was unopened.

I asked her about the rumors of prices going up, she knew nothing about it. The next day, the prices went up. Thanks Cruise Critic!

In the garden villa on NCL 6 liters (plus champagne) is included in the fare. We had 5 in the room and didn't drink it all. That's a lot of alcohol. Holland America has really affordible preorder prices and Disney permits anything to be carried on board. For future reference should you stray from Carnival.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to come back and confirm that we were able to order additional bottles from room service for the same Bon Voyage price on the Liberty. So the limit only stops you from stocking up in advance. Enjoy, we sure did!!!

So you can buy bottles with a considerable markup instead of trying to sneak it on? That would still be cheaper than buying individual drinks from the bar just get a soda card and mix your own. You used to be able to put liqour in your bag and they did not care is this still true? We did it in 2007.

So you can buy bottles with a considerable markup instead of trying to sneak it on? That would still be cheaper than buying individual drinks from the bar just get a soda card and mix your own. You used to be able to put liqour in your bag and they did not care is this still true? We did it in 2007.

They care very much now. How much more they care depends on the embarkation port and your ability to disguise your bottle.

Archived