How would you celebrate???

loosygoosy

My DH and I are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary while on board the Infinity in March (21st). I tried to talk him into a Vow Renewal Ceremony but alas have had no luck. So my question is:

How would you celebrate on board to make the day special...(and let's keep it G-rated!)

Hi, Linda! Congratulations on your 25th anniversary. All the best to you both.

I would second the idea of a couples massage, wine on your balcony and dinner in the location of your choice, just the two of you. Let everyone (staff, that is) know you are celebrating such a special anniversary, and enjoy! Be sure to let us know what you ended up doing to celebrate. :)

I just got engaged prior to our cruise in December. I had it set up so on our first day we had one of the specialty cakes delivered that said congratulations. However, I would caution you that you need to have friends or make them fast because while good they are huge! We took ours to one of the bars and ate it with several other members from our roll call.

397021_10101236484551965_12400158_68268103_528414267_n.jpg

I also booked one of the romance packages which got us champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals on the bed, dinner at a specialty restaurant and mimosas once morning with our breakfast that we had on the balcony.

One of the amazing members of our roll call also had a banner made for us and another couple who was celebrating their honeymoon.

405709_10101236451647905_12400158_68267871_2101359316_n.jpg

I also agree about booking AQ. Blu is wonderful and only added to enjoyment of the cruise.

I would definitely eat at the Murano restaurant...perhaps ordering the special meal with wine included.

I think the rest of the day is pretty much up to you. Celebrity has many ways to help you part with your money :)

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas! Here is what I have decided.

I purchased the Celebrity Premium Celebration Package. We start the morning off with a mimosa champagne breakfast while admiring our dozen red roses. We continue your celebration with an unparalleled dining experience in the Specialty Restaurant (ss United States) and we end the evening relaxing in our Celebrity robes and slippers (which we get to take home), toasting with a bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne and indulging in our own celebration cake amidst a stateroom of festive decorations.

I plan to find a place to dance either before or after dinner and have the band play a mushy song for the DH !

Since we are transiting the Panama Canal on our anniversary day, we will most likely be sitting on our Family Veranda (scored that one on Tuesday!) enjoying the view and sharing some drinks and snacks with our new CC friends.

How does that sound????

I am going to save the "massage" for the next day, which is DH's 60th birthday!

I purchased the Celebrity Premium Celebration Package. We start the morning off with a mimosa champagne breakfast while admiring our dozen red roses. We continue your celebration with an unparalleled dining experience in the Specialty Restaurant (ss United States) and we end the evening relaxing in our Celebrity robes and slippers (which we get to take home), toasting with a bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne and indulging in our own celebration cake amidst a stateroom of festive decorations.

I plan to find a place to dance either before or after dinner and have the band play a mushy song for the DH !

Since we are transiting the Panama Canal on our anniversary day, we will most likely be sitting on our Family Veranda (scored that one on Tuesday!) enjoying the view and sharing some drinks and snacks with our new CC friends.

How does that sound????

That sounds WONDERFUL! Congratulations!!

How does that sound????

I'd rather a fork in the eye.

Champagne breakfast and slippers,:eek: Sounds to me like this is more of your celebration than your hubby's. I'm 54, married 29 years, I'm now fearing 60 more than I could have imagined.:D We are going on a 30th anniversary cruise in October, if I get roses and room decorations, I may as well drop dead.:rolleyes:

I would definitely eat at the Murano restaurant...perhaps ordering the special meal with wine included.

I think the rest of the day is pretty much up to you. Celebrity has many ways to help you part with your money :)

Pretty sure there is NO Murano's on Infinity....BUT there is the SS United States spec. rest. which is one of the ones that Murano's is modelled after....and much better than Murano's in my opinion....I'd definitely book that dinner the night I was celebrating!!

I'd rather a fork in the eye.

Champagne breakfast and slippers,:eek: Sounds to me like this is more of your celebration than your hubby's. I'm 54, married 29 years, I'm now fearing 60 more than I could have imagined.:D We are going on a 30th anniversary cruise in October, if I get roses and room decorations, I may as well drop dead.:rolleyes:

Getting the package was actually my husband's idea! Some men are romantic and sensitive. My husband gets flowers from me all the time and loves it. Can I send you the fork?

Pretty sure there is NO Murano's on Infinity....BUT there is the SS United States spec. rest. which is one of the ones that Murano's is modelled after....and much better than Murano's in my opinion....I'd definitely book that dinner the night I was celebrating!!

My bad!! You are 100% correct. It is the ss United States. We will also take the Wine option.

Getting the package was actually my husband's idea! Some men are romantic and sensitive. My husband gets flowers from me all the time and loves it. Can I send you the fork?

LOL. My hubby would love that too. The one thing that would totally make is bday would be a tour of the ships bridge. He's loves to know how things work so if it was his birthday I'd make sure he got a tour or had one scheduled. I'm writing all this down for next year when we have our 35th anniversary!

My DH and I are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary while on board the Infinity in March (21st). I tried to talk him into a Vow Renewal Ceremony but alas have had no luck. So my question is:

How would you celebrate on board to make the day special...(and let's keep it G-rated!)

Save the $ for vow renewal.Instead book a spa treatment/beauty treatment. Dinner at a specialtyvenue. Bottle of champagne/wine on your balcony. If you are in port that day book a private tour and ask that they recommend a romantic restaurant

Congratualtions

Carole

Sounds like a great man to me! Congrats on your anniversary! 25 is big! My husband also loves champagne, robes w/ slippers, pedicures, massages, etc. Our men seem to have evolved beyond neandrathal. I bet he also understands "Happy wife, Happy life". :D We are celebrating our 10th on our upcoming March cruise and didn't know these packages existed. The massages and decorations might be nice. Flower, steamers not his thing but he'd like the general ambiance. Thanks for posting this. He'd like the bridge tour too as another poster mentioned.

oh, and this stuff is part of celebrating and what he's "getting" is a new watch from me as well, an Omega or Rolex. I think he'll be happy! I'm going to have the waiter deliver it with his dessert plate.

HI LOOSYGOOSY,

First off... CONGRATULATIONS !!

May you have many many more happy years together.

Your planned Celebrations (and your Husband) sound terrific... lol, he's a keeper... lol and he's lucky to have you too !!

FREE Bridge Tours don't seem to be as prevalent as they once were... there are a lot of Ship Tours now that cost money on Celebrity (Mr Sloop was hoping for a Bridge Tour... but it was only offered on our cruise as part of a bigger package that cost $ 150 pp)

I would therefore suggest that you make sure to go to the Celebrity Connections Meet & Mingle Party for your cruise (or the Elite Get-togthers if you qualify)... putting the bug in the right person's ear might score you this request.

Hoping that the two of you enjoy your Anniversary & he his 60th Bday.

=== === ===

TO LOVE THE SUN30,

I LOVED your posting. Indeed the saying is right on "Happy Wife = Happy Life" ... lol if more men figured this out sooner, there would no doubt be fewer divorces.

Mr. Sloop and I got together late in life... and we are immensely grateful for every day we have together... we certainly don't take our relationship (or each other) for granted... cannot say the same for our "starter marriages"... something to be said for being older and wiser.

As for Dessert & a Watch... man-o'-man I'm guessing he'll be blown over... what a nice way to take care of that bit of business.

Your waiter can also deliver it with one of the FREE cakes they offer in the Dining Room for special occasions... we cruised with friends on their honeymoon and a FREE cake was delivered one night with candles ... it was very very nice (and it wasn't gigantic either). And a total surprise that our Waiter organized for them...

Can tell you though, that the cake was a chocolate lover's dream... icing was really just chocolate granache (melted chocolate poured in a thin layer for the sides and top) from what we saw of it... lol, they took it back to their room to share with some sparkling wine. The Bride, did say it was tasty the next day.

Picture attached.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

1143770339_DSCF5966(2)(620x307).jpg.bac9b5042322a4d1a13ffbbadc311e95.jpg

Sounds like a great man to me! Congrats on your anniversary! 25 is big! My husband also loves champagne, robes w/ slippers, pedicures, massages, etc. Our men seem to have evolved beyond neandrathal. I bet he also understands "Happy wife, Happy life". :D We are celebrating our 10th on our upcoming March cruise and didn't know these packages existed. The massages and decorations might be nice. Flower, steamers not his thing but he'd like the general ambiance. Thanks for posting this. He'd like the bridge tour too as another poster mentioned.

oh, and this stuff is part of celebrating and what he's "getting" is a new watch from me as well, an Omega or Rolex. I think he'll be happy! I'm going to have the waiter deliver it with his dessert plate.

The trip is our Anniversary gift to each other but DH is getting a bottle of Glen Grant 1952 Single Malt Scotch from me for his 60th. He is an avid scotch man - sensitive and manly too!! How's that one Highlander1???

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'd suggest talking with the captain's club host(ess) privately at a convenient time early in the trip (from your cruise history, I assume you are elite's). Tell him/her what you'd like to do to suprise your wonderful husband. See if he/she is willing to see if there might be any way they could arrange a bridge tour as a private event, perhaps having champagne on the bridge...(of course you would pay for the champagne and any other costs). Perhaps, it's a long shot, but sometimes they can find a way. Certainly, it's not something that's done normally, but you just never know....and maybe the captain could give you DH the watch :)

I think what you planned is perfect! I looked into vow renewal at one time, and couldn't stomach the cost. $400 buys a lot of goodies that we could enjoy for longer. We actually took the $400 and out it aside to start saving for our next trip. :D

Archived