yet another luggage question

janice2348

Sorry if this has already been asked but I am confused about what to do at the Baltimore port if we are not checking luggage. Do we park and take the shuttle from the lot with the luggage or should my husband drop me off with the luggage? I don't want the stevedores to think I am stiffing them or try to take my bags. I am assuming there is a shuttle from the lot to the terminal. Should I put tags on carry on bags? My husband thinks I am obsessed but he'll thank me on cruise day!

Thanks for helping me stay sane!!!!

If you have bought transfers, there will be someone there with your cruiseline's name in the airport luggage area....and they will take your bags....generally, no tip needed.

Put your luggage tags on AFTER the flight....you don't want to confuse the airlines any more than they already are!

If you do NOT have transfers, get your bags, stick the tags on, and get a taxi....they'll take you to port. When the porters take your bags, tip $1-2 per bag. That's all that you need to do. You do NOT need luggage tags on your carry-ons....you'll have them in your hands!!!!!

If you have bought transfers, there will be someone there with your cruiseline's name in the airport luggage area....and they will take your bags....generally, no tip needed.

Put your luggage tags on AFTER the flight....you don't want to confuse the airlines any more than they already are!

If you do NOT have transfers, get your bags, stick the tags on, and get a taxi....they'll take you to port. When the porters take your bags, tip $1-2 per bag. That's all that you need to do. You do NOT need luggage tags on your carry-ons....you'll have them in your hands!!!!!

Not flying in. We're parking at the pier. Do we walk to the terminal? I know you're supposed to drop off luggage then park. Just wondering how that works if you're not checking luggage

Not flying in. We're parking at the pier. Do we walk to the terminal? I know you're supposed to drop off luggage then park. Just wondering how that works if you're not checking luggage

I've left from there twice and, unless the system has changed in the last year, it is very simple. You do not drop off luggage and then park. They have luggage "trains" in the parking lot. You are directed to park as you arrive and the "train" will pull up in each row and the porters will take your tagged luggage to be checked from your car and load it onto the "train". You tip them there and your bags will then arrive at your cabin door sometime after boarding. You take your carryons and walk from your car to the terminal for checkin. So if you are not checking anything just wave off the porters at the luggage train and take your carryons and walk to the terminal... very easy either way.

I've left from there twice and, unless the system has changed in the last year, it is very simple. You do not drop off luggage and then park. They have luggage "trains" in the parking lot. You are directed to park as you arrive and the "train" will pull up in each row and the porters will take your tagged luggage to be checked from your car and load it onto the "train". You tip them there and your bags will then arrive at your cabin door sometime after boarding. You take your carryons and walk from your car to the terminal for checkin. So if you are not checking anything just wave off the porters at the luggage train and take your carryons and walk to the terminal... very easy either way.

Oh that's easy. Thanks!

As to luggage tags, since you are carrying on everything, they are not needed. However, it is a good idea to put them on, just in case something gets lost.

You do realize that you will be carrying around all your luggage until your cabin is ready.

As to luggage tags, since you are carrying on everything, they are not needed. However, it is a good idea to put them on, just in case something gets lost.

You do realize that you will be carrying around all your luggage until your cabin is ready.

Yes and I am hoping to curb my overpacking to three bags. Thanks for the tip!

I have cruised many times and so far no lost luggage, that made it to the pier. I have had delayed luggage because there was a problem at the airport, but never when given to the porters at the cruise terminal. I don't think that I would want to lug 2 or 3 suitcases around with me before the cabin is ready. One carry-on is plenty. Just load what you need the day of embarkation into the carry-on and let the crew do the rest.

Gene

Archived