pants -- 3.95

long sleeved shirt -- 3.95

short sleeved shirt -- 2.95

sweater -- 3.95

shorts --- 2.95

dress --- 5.95

skirt -- 3.95

Regular service -- picked up before 9:00 a.m., returnd next day

Same day service -- add 50% Express Service Surcharge -- picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned same day.

Thanks for the list. I guess prices are up a bit, no surprise there.

One thing I'll add: We always have a couple things we need pressed right away for the second night of the cruise (formal night). I've always waited until the first morning and given them to the cabin steward in the morning paying express charges to get the items we need back that night.

Last cruise I learned that you can give them items on the afternoon, or early evening, on embarkation day and they'll return them to you the next day on standard service rates. Our cabin steward said they can do that, with a pickup later than normal, on embarkation day only.

We usually have at least a couple day's pre-cruise and have those items laundered ASAP after boarding as well as needing a few items pressed from being in the suitcases for several days. I know that some have packing skills & techniques to pack things so they won't wrinkle, but I've never been able to master those and finally figured a few dollars for pressing is easier than trying to pack fancy style.

Hi Cruisestitch,

Great to create a topic for this…

:):):)

This info had been posted previously by A SIXTH? with Reply # 22 and a scan of the Laundry Bill... in a past topic entitled *Bag of Laundry*… but no doubt that info will quickly get lost in the shuffle of things here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD.

So great to have a dedicated topic !!

As an addendum to your great post, I will add my comments (Reply # 26) from the other posting as well… could prove to be helpful info for some folks…

== snip ==

TO SPCL4CS_GAL,

Great posting here by A SIXTH? in regards what laundry costs on Celebrity.

Let me add a bit more info, that I as a Newbie discovered while onboard (and not here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD)

First off, the Laundry Bags that everyone speaks of are very different from what one sees in a major land-based hotel. They are not plastic, not very big, adn have very little room for "give"... they are envelope style (so not flat bottomed like you'd find with a shopping bag or grocery bag)... as such what you can fit inside them is very limited.

In our case, we put in a Formal Long-Sleeved Dress Shirt, and to be honest it took up most of the bag...

The DEALS that you hear others speak of here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD are primarily offered to Captain's Club Elite Members, or those in Suites. And in those situations they typically are "coupons" that allow one to do a certain number of pieces at a reduced rate...

The DEALS that you hear about where one can fill a bag, seem to be few and far apart these days (based on recent postings). There were NO DEALS offered on our 7 Day Solstice Cruise.

Secondly, even if there is a "Stuff the Bag" DEAL... as I said, you aren't going to get much into that bag to begin with... the best way to use that DEAL would indeed be to do socks and undies... as they take up the least amount of room... cost the most to wash (considering how small they are)... and also offer the best value because, well quite frankly the Laundry Services aboard the Ships aren't ideal to begin with.

Which is no doubt WHY there is the Disclaimer / Limited Liability Clause at the bottom of the Laundry Services Order Form...

NOTES - Special articles of apparel such as silks, flannel trousers, woolens and other items that are difficult to clean are accepted for laundering only at the Owner's risk. Items marked DRY CLEAN ONLY should not be laundered. In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to 10 times the price charged for laundry / pressing of said article. Not responsible for shrinkage, fastness of colours, zippers, buttons and ornaments, or ordinary wear and tear in pressing, or anything left in pockets of garments.

There have been numerous stories here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD about folks being disappointed with the laundry services (even having items shrunk etc)

Personally, the Formal Dress Shirt that was sent out for Drycleaning (we opted for that choice vs Laundry... as we couldn't afford to take the risk and shrink the shirt as it was needed to be worn on the 2nd Formal Night) came back JUST OK... it was certainly clean, but the pressing job wasn't up to snuff for Mr Sloop (he said he could have done much better on his own)... and it wasn't nearly as good as what we'd get from a Drycleaner / Laundry Service at home.

Thought you might appreciate knowing these facts... BEFORE you commit anything to the hands of Celebrity's Laundry Services Group.

== end ==

Cheers!

We use the laundry service quite a bit and we find it AMAZING that a hotel floating in the middle of the ocean can "dry clean" or launder our laundry decently and at decent prices.

AND we are on vacation and doing our own laundry is not an option...;)

Have used the laundry serivce on each of my 10, 11 day cruises. Now will be doing a 15 day cruise. I wear lots of linen and cotton. The items always come back nicely ironed.

I know the bag is a paper bag, but if you roll your items you can get more in the bag when they have a bag price.

thanks for the price list for this year.

We often tipped our room attendant for the runaround jobs. When it cam to laundry, we selected the fast service but was more expensive.

When we returned to our room later, we found our clothes freshly laundered but were only charged half price. We also got a few items done for free.

• 1 year later...
Laundry

suit --- 12.95

jacket -- 5.95

pants -- 4.95

long sleeved shirt -- 4.95

short sleeved shirt --- 3.95

sweater --- 4.95

shorts --- 3.95

dress -- 7.95

skirt --- 4.95

pajamas -- 3.95

handkerchief --1.95

t-shirt -- 2.95

undergarments -- 1. 95

swimsuit -- 2.95

socks, pair -- 1.95

Dry Cleaning

Suit -- 12.95

jacket -- 7.95

Pants --- 5.95

long sleeved shirt -- 5.95

short sleeved shirt -- 4.95

sweater -- 6.95

shorts -- 4.95

dress --- 12.95

skirt -- 5.95

necktie/tie -- 3.95

Pressing only

Skirt -- 5.95

Jacket -- 4.95

pants -- 3.95

sweater -- 3.95

shorts --- 2.95

dress --- 5.95

skirt -- 3.95

Same day service -- add 50% Express Service Surcharge -- picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned same day.

These prices are somewhat weird; to me the dry cleaning is reasonable..at home prices, in fact. But $1.95 for a pair of sox for undies? Yow-za!

I have a friend who travels with her oldest underwear and throws it out as she goes! Radical.

On Holland America last Nov., there was a one price laundry bag which was great for underwear, PJs, t shirts and all. I think that would be a happy compromise.

By the way, X is asking for it...when I was in Dubrovnik last year while driving on the big bridge over the port..the balconies on Celebrity looked like a Naples back street. I seriously think that wasn't their intention!

This was before I signed up for my TA and I and my friends died laughing!

Laundry

suit --- 12.95

jacket -- 5.95

pants -- 4.95

long sleeved shirt -- 4.95

short sleeved shirt --- 3.95

sweater --- 4.95

shorts --- 3.95

dress -- 7.95

skirt --- 4.95

pajamas -- 3.95

handkerchief --1.95

t-shirt -- 2.95

undergarments -- 1. 95

swimsuit -- 2.95

socks, pair -- 1.95

Dry Cleaning

Suit -- 12.95

jacket -- 7.95

Pants --- 5.95

long sleeved shirt -- 5.95

short sleeved shirt -- 4.95

sweater -- 6.95

shorts -- 4.95

dress --- 12.95

skirt -- 5.95

necktie/tie -- 3.95

Pressing only

Skirt -- 5.95

Jacket -- 4.95

pants -- 3.95

sweater -- 3.95

shorts --- 2.95

dress --- 5.95

skirt -- 3.95

These prices are somewhat weird; to me the dry cleaning is reasonable..at home prices, in fact. But $1.95 for a pair of sox or undies? Yow-za!

On Holland America last Nov., there was a one price laundry bag which was great for underwear, PJs, t shirts and all. I think that would be a happy compromise. Someone mentioned an all-in bag but I didn't see it on the line's website.

By the way, X is asking for it...when I was in Dubrovnik last year while driving on the big bridge over the port..the balconies on Celebrity looked like a Naples back street. I seriously think that wasn't their intention!

These prices are somewhat weird; .....

But $1.95 for a pair of sox or undies? Yow-za!

Walk the hallways when stewards are cleaning a room, note the items on the towel bars. Celebrity skimped on clotheslines inside the showers on S-Class.

Thanks for the laundry price list cruisestitch. Having that will be very helpful.

My DH has a terrible, itchy skin condition that regular laundry detergent and any fabric softener or dryer sheets cause to flare :(. Does Celebrity have a special laundry process you can request that would use something like "ALL Free and Clear" and no fabric softener?

Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing

One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer

Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item

That is per person, not per cabin.

Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing

One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer

Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item

That is per person, not per cabin.

Is a man's suit consider one piece or 2 pieces for the complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item?

Thanks

Yes, a man's suit is considered one piece for the complimentary dry cleaning.:D

Thanks. Seems like a nice perk, makes it a lot easier taking a suit. Was also looking at the regular price of $13 to clean one that also seems to be reasonable. From now on when I say that I am taking my suits to the cleaners I really mean that I am going on a cruise. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Save some money and just was your smaller items like socks, unders, and shirts in your sink. I usually do this then string a clothesline up on the Lawn Club and put them out to dry. Works perfect.:D;)

So that was you.

I have a pair of 'dainties' that blew off that line and landed on my omelette I was eating on my balcony. You can collect them if you want...there are still some mushrooms and peppers attached unfortunately. :eek:

Archived