If past guest rate is the same as early saver?

Colorado Kat

If past guest rate is the same as early saver, and I am not 100% sure I will be able to go, should I just book past guest? The cruise is not till 2013.

By booking past guest rate, I can cancel up until final booking, and get all the money back?

I sure would avoid early saver if you aren't sure. Yes, booking past guest you can get your $ back so long as you cancel before final payment. If you get trip insurance through carnival I don't know if that would be refunded, I suspect not 100%.

If past guest rate is the same as early saver, and I am not 100% sure I will be able to go, should I just book past guest? The cruise is not till 2013.

By booking past guest rate, I can cancel up until final booking, and get all the money back?

Past guest rate you can get all money back before final payment if you cancel.

Early Saver, no refund of deposit, have to move to another cruise and pay $50 fee.

Past guest rate shouldn't be same as early saver so that is wierd, what are you looking at?

I just booked the South America ones and at first I did not see the early saver rate but called my PVP at Carnival and she had the early saver rates. They are now posted and cheaper than past guest.

I'm looking at the south American ones, and to my screen, past guest is the same as early saver. Enticing, but don't know if it would work out. Want to hold a cabin till I can find out is practical.

I booked all three legs. Since I am going single I had to pay double, or 200%. At the time I booked, I did not see early saver online just past guest and something else. I called my Carnival PVP and she had past guest rates. For the first leg it was 100 off the past guest price online and for the next two it was 400 off each leg. So it is like I am two people when you look at the amounts. Overall early saver was $900 less than past guest for my 3 legs, PT Interior port hole cabin paying the equivalent of two people as a solo.

Well, lettienets, I just did the same thing. One traveller, me, solo, all 3 legs, porthole cabin. I booked on-line, since I figured my PVP would not be at work at 2:30am Florida time.

For my screen, past guest rates were the same as early saver. I called Carnival and asked, and a random person who answered the booking phone told me that the rates were the same. And that I should do past guest rates, since they were better. Since I am not sure I can make all that time work out, I also figured past guest would be best, in case I had to cancel one or two legs.

Hmmmm....But you saved $900 over me. That's quite a bit of money.

Well, they let me specify a cabin, which I thought I couldn't do, either. I grabbed the same cabin for all 3 legs. Now to figure out if I can make all the logistics work out. But if not, I can cancel before final payment date. (I hope I know what I'm talking about. I'll go print out everything right now.)

Well, lettienets, I just did the same thing. One traveller, me, solo, all 3 legs, porthole cabin. I booked on-line, since I figured my PVP would not be at work at 2:30am Florida time.

For my screen, past guest rates were the same as early saver. I called Carnival and asked, and a random person who answered the booking phone told me that the rates were the same. And that I should do past guest rates, since they were better. Since I am not sure I can make all that time work out, I also figured past guest would be best, in case I had to cancel one or two legs.

Hmmmm....But you saved $900 over me. That's quite a bit of money.

Well that is what I saved compared to what I saw online when I called called my PVP. It seems that info has been added as the day goes on online. I saw what I saw this afternoon and that was the savings when I called and booked after what I saw online and at that time there was no early saver price online but the PVP had it.

If I have to cancel I will move my deposits to something else and pay the $50 fee for each segment. I have done that before. And if I do and will go hopefully as planned, the early savings are great.

I have what is called PT Interior

Early Saver, Fun Saver and Fun Select are the prices I see now online. Do you? Early saver is the cheapest

It is now 3:50 am where I am now so I am going to bed. Got all wound up and excited today booking the South America horn trip and couldn't go to bed early! Night night

I'm seeing Early Saver ($2398), Fun Select ($3098), and Past Guest ($2398). That's for the middle section, departing 2/20/13.

Pricey for one, but reasonable for 2. I hope I can make things work out.

It is 7:52 pm here in Ontario and the price for 2 for the middle leg is:

Early Saver ($2398) Fun Select ($3098) and Fun Saver ($2798).

So isn't that wierd, no past guest price here on Carnival website.

Anybody else have different pricing?

That is strange - I would have thought prices would be the same.

Well, I've got them booked. Now to see how much the various airfares would run. I'm thinking leg 2 looks the best? I really want to do them all, but if I can't, I'm sure new people will love to grab them in November.

Oh, how I would love to go on the Splendor for these itineraries - just not going to happen (because I could never get that much time off of work - for even one leg) (but if I win powerball tonight... then I would have all the time in the world, right).

But because I like to dream, I looked at the pricing for all 3 legs and in each case (balcony) the past guest and early saver rates were identical.

You need to make sure you're logged into your account on the Carnival site--otherwise, no past guest rate is going to show up.

You need to make sure you're logged into your account on the Carnival site--otherwise, no past guest rate is going to show up.

I don't think that is true. I never log into the Carnival site (except to fill out Fun Pass, etc.) because I don't want my PVP calling me every time I browse the site. But I have always had Past Guest rates show up. You just need to click the box that says Past Guest.

Maggie

I just tried that out, no past guest rate. Fun Select, Fun Saver and Early Saver came out. Only saw past guest on Thurs when the SA itinerary came out then it disappeared.

I booked Early Saver with my PVP.

My PVP doesn't call me after I have been searching now. But before I had the same PVP I would get calls from Carnival almost as soon as I got off the computer and wondered what the heck was going on. I had done one cruise years before so I guess they had me on file. Now I deal with the same person who I really like.

You can book past guest now and change to early saver when you are more sure .. or even just before it dissapears. I have done that.

That way you are price protected by changing closer to the cruise but for right now your cabin is held.

But it means I will have to pay for the ES rate at the time, right? So if I wait till just before ES rate disappears and the ES rate has increased and is higher than the PG rate right now, I will have to pay the difference. Is that correct?

Archived