Big brawl on Pacific Dawn.

Sandielle

Just watching the news and apparently a brawl between two rival gangs broke out on Pacific Dawn last night and did some damage. A passenger, interviewed said that a ciritically injured girl was airlifted off the ship at Gladstone and 17 young people were taken off the ship by police launch this morning. :eek::eek:

Just watching the news and apparently a brawl between two rival gangs broke out on Pacific Dawn last night and did some damage. A passenger, interviewed said that a ciritically injured girl was airlifted off the ship at Gladstone and 17 young people were taken off the ship by police launch this morning. :eek::eek:

Hi Sandy, just been on our news as well...what a horrible end to a cruise.

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

makes you wonder what life is coming to!

At their age I wouldnt have even thought about a cruise let alone been able to afford one!

Ejected from the cruise but put on a Black list by P&O?

On my last cruise on Pac sun in July we had a few stupid young guys with their families, I used the public toilets a few times near the night club and came across them more than once,they were taking great immature glee in using the stand up urinals with their pants and underwear pulled right down:eek: and "saying look they are perving on us"

This was a bit embarrassing for some who walked in the toilet and straight back out but on seeing during the cruise how "over respectful" they had to be whilst in the company of their parents I realized just how full of S### they really were.

Glad some faces were exposed on this one because they will get their butts kicked when they next see their parents.

Den

sounds like it was a large incident with that number involved.

feel sorry for the staff member that was assaulted?

we thought this cruise line had improved security and safety since the dreadful case a few yrs ago.

is it also a matter of too much alcohol being involved?

very unpleasent for passengers especially frailer ones seeking a peaceful cruise.

very unfortunate but could have been worse as history has shown.

we thought this cruise line had improved security and safety since the dreadful case a few yrs ago.

very unpleasent for passengers especially frailer ones seeking a peaceful cruise.

They apparently have more than 20 security staff who attended to the incident. I think that's definitely a sign that they've improved security and safety.

And as for other passengers, apparently it happened at 1am (after a lot of people had retired for the night) and the majority of people weren't aware it had even occured until they saw the tender boat (carrying the offenders) leaving the ship in Gladstone.

Actually, the security is very good. There are Security Officers, albeit not intrusive, all over the ship and there are security cameras everywhere. That is why the passengers were dealt with quickly. This incident only happened in the early hours this morning, it has nothing to do with refuelling.

The refuelling was planned well before this happened. I read that the ship was refuelled via a barge - it did not dock in Gladstone but anchored out from Tannum Sands.

Incidentally, every report I have read or heard about this incident has differed. They cannot even get the number of offenders correct. Unfortunately, it seems society today breeds far too many who have no self-discipline when it comes to drinking or fighting.

We noticed on a recent P n O out of Sydney cruise there were a large group - ethnic in origin - and were very vocal in English and other - I know more than I will write, leave it at that

They were intimidating at times by their numbers and raucous behaviour and loud mouthing between themselves, going into another language - pitying their cabin neighbours - they were loud up and down the corridor obviously intox.. or else... at 3am etc

Wasn't pleasant...

That was the only unpleasantness I witnessed...

Incidentally, every report I have read or heard about this incident has differed. They cannot even get the number of offenders correct.

It is difficult to have all the facts immediately, and sometimes even for some time after. Reports can be taken at different times, and as the line typically doesn't want to make a lot of statements about it, and the offenders aren't going to be helpful or even concerned about accurate details, it can be done visually which can miss people or count people who may have departed at the same time but not be charged, or even just appear involved but not e.g. plains clothes police.

It's usually unrealistic to have all the facts straight away.

A state ment from one of the very lovely follows ( not) that were kicked off the ship.

"(They were) arguing over something the girl did. We were trying to break it up and that's how it started. They were just pushing and then we started punching and it just evolved."

Mr Mikhail said a member of the P&O crew, believed to be an entertainer, had punched him in the ear during the melee.

"I kept punching him (one of the brothers) while he was on the ground and the crewman just came up and hit me in the side of the head," he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/one-man-charged-and-15-alleged-brawlers-put-ashore-after-pacific-dawn-melee/story-e6freoof-1226268482511

Read the Sunday papers each week and the same behaviour is evident. Just because they are at sea the mindset does not change for some people. Well done to P&O for their quick and decisive action to offload the offenders. These actions should be publicised as much as possible to show that the warnings in the ticketing conditions will be enforced. Once again an example of the very small minority spoiling it for the vast majority.

It is difficult to have all the facts immediately, and sometimes even for some time after. Reports can be taken at different times, and as the line typically doesn't want to make a lot of statements about it, and the offenders aren't going to be helpful or even concerned about accurate details, it can be done visually which can miss people or count people who may have departed at the same time but not be charged, or even just appear involved but not e.g. plains clothes police.

It's usually unrealistic to have all the facts straight away.

Agreed. My motto is "Do not believe all you hear and only half of what you see!"

I post most items such as this as a matter of interest only, and see what unfolds as more is known. :)

Archived