Pic´s in DRF

elcano

Planning to take an excursion there and climb the falls... What should I do with the camera? Are there photographers around? Do you keep the cameras in lockers?

Thanks in advance

Take a water proof camera with you,I made this mistake I bought a disposable but not water proof,left my good camera on the bus.I did give the camera to one of the guides to take up the falls since was not water proof,but he never took any pics. like he said he would.You will want to take pictures while you climb.If I remember right there are people taking pictures from the sides but i think they are random pictures not sure so you may want to ask your tour guide.

woodman

Waterproof cameras are definately needed for the falls. Our guide or camera man always asked for our camera when we were taking photos. All of our personal belonging were left in the van with the driver. We didn't use the lockers. There was a guy who took a photo with a still camera towards the bottom of the falls along with a movie camera guy who did the entire trip. Video was $40 and the still photo was $8.

Its been a few years since I went, but there are a ton of people so many people to take pictures for you, we didn't see anyone shooting and selling, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone there trying to monitize that angle.

DO bring a camera if you want to capture the wet events!

Waterproof cameras are definately needed for the falls. Our guide or camera man always asked for our camera when we were taking photos. All of our personal belonging were left in the van with the driver. We didn't use the lockers. There was a guy who took a photo with a still camera towards the bottom of the falls along with a movie camera guy who did the entire trip. Video was $40 and the still photo was $8.

Was it on a cruise ship sponsered excursion? This pic´s or videos are sold at the Falls ? Best regards.

drf5.jpg

drf4.jpg

Taken with an inexpensive 'water proof' disposable film camera from Target, developed at local CVS and scanned . . .

No worries about dropping, breaking or loss of camera . . .

As I recall two cameras with 27 exposures each was something like $20; the camera was waterproof to 35 feet . . .

We brough a waterproof camera which I kept, and then a cheap point-and-click that we gave to the guide to hold on to and take pictures of us as we climbed. I don't know how those guys do it, but the guide never got a drop of water on our camera and took a dozen fantastic photos of us, had us pose as certain spots, etc. He got a good tip:)

Was it on a cruise ship sponsered excursion? This pic´s or videos are sold at the Falls ? Best regards.

It was the cruise sponsered excursion. Was afraid with how long it was would not make it back in time. But we arrived back at the dock with 1 hour to spare.

Anyone tried putting your camera in a zip lock bag?

I saw this on You-tube and might try it.

Kinda depends on what side of the falls you end up going up. Our group was pretty young and fit so instead of going up the left hand side of the falls at one point we went right. Crawled straight up the falls with water rushing over us. Could not look up due to the water just put one hand over the other and kept going. One girl lost both of her shoes. The contents of my water wallet were damp. Don't think a zip lock could withstand that. However if your group goes the other way you should be fine. Have fun -- it was great.

Kinda depends on what side of the falls you end up going up. Our group was pretty young and fit so instead of going up the left hand side of the falls at one point we went right. Crawled straight up the falls with water rushing over us. Could not look up due to the water just put one hand over the other and kept going. One girl lost both of her shoes. The contents of my water wallet were damp. Don't think a zip lock could withstand that. However if your group goes the other way you should be fine. Have fun -- it was great.

We are going to Mayfield instead of DRF, it is a much wetter trip than even the right side of Dunn's. I'll guess I'll get some disposables:(.

Archived