COSTA CONCORDIA DISASTER documentary airing tonight on National Geographic Channel

Rick-cruiser

Just wanted to give a heads up to my fellow cruisers out there about the documentary on the Costa Concordia disaster being aired tonight on the National Geographic channel... :

http://www.travelpulse.com/national-...concordia.html

It will premier at 7:00 pm Sunday night, and then re-broadcast again on Monday at 10:00 pm.. It should be very interesting, with never-before-seen interviews from passengers and staff on board that evening.. If it's produced by National Geographic it is sure to be well-made and free of sensationalism.

I know I always appreciate whenever someone alerts me to a program (especially cruise-related) that I really would want to see.... so I just wanted to "pay-it-forward" and do the same... :)

- Rick

As the official enquiries are still ongoing and the ship has still to be fully examined, not least the 'black box', a program like this is nothing but sensationalism.

Never before seen interviews with crew and passengers should be for the investigations, not general television entertainment.

Too bad Comcast cable doesn't have the National Geographic channel.:p

We have Comcast cable and get National Geo Channel.

I watched about 10 minutes of the show about Concordia and turned it off.....

just my opinion here but I was very disappointed that National Goegraphic would put their name on something like this. 90% was just video copied from the news and if the interviews were new as far as people, they were not new so far as information. Attempts to explain technical issues were at the 8th grade science level and then not accurate. This was right up there with the weakest 20/20 or 60 Minutes I've even seen.

Shame on you NG....

just my opinion here but I was very disappointed that National Goegraphic would put their name on something like this. 90% was just video copied from the news and if the interviews were new as far as people, they were not new so far as information. Attempts to explain technical issues were at the 8th grade science level and then not accurate. This was right up there with the weakest 20/20 or 60 Minutes I've even seen.

Shame on you NG....

I agree. It was a total waste of time.

Archived