Grand Cayman, anywhere to get away from the crowds?

PA Beachlovers

i was in port two weeks ago when there were five--FIVE--ships docked. i did an excursion with native way tours--the reefs, rays, and rum point excursion. i never felt like it was a crowded port day. even stingray city wasn't bad. rum point was deserted--here's a photo of the beach on a day when five ships were in port...

DSC_6269.jpg

i was in port two weeks ago when there were five--FIVE--ships docked. i did an excursion with native way tours--the reefs, rays, and rum point excursion. i never felt like it was a crowded port day. even stingray city wasn't bad. rum point was deserted--here's a photo of the beach on a day when five ships were in port...

DSC_6269.jpg

Love the Pic, what beach was that?

You can also just rent a car and drive to Rum Point. We did that and the cost for the car including insurance was about $60.00 add another $5 or so for gas and it made for a really cheap excursion for 4 of us. And yes, Rum Point looks just like those previous pictures.

We liked Rum Point, went with Native Ways and Jahn took us to the sting rays and then the reef nearby. Rum Point is pretty, but food is expensive, be prepared to drop some dough. Nice and relaxing day though. Next time, we're just bussing it over to 7 mile to one of the hotels down there. In this pic taken at Sting Ray City, you can see the reef with the breakers in the distance and to the right is Rum Point so it's all in the same bay.

14ugvmg.jpg

You could rent a car and make a quick grocery stop for picnic supplies. Drive out to the Colliers Public Beach all the way on the east tip of the island.

There are gazebos and bathrooms. There are no crowds. You'll probably have the whole beach to yourself.

There are other public beach spots in Cottage or Cayman Kai which would probably be empty too.

Archived