mariner deck 6

RCI's usage of "promenade" is confusing in that respect in terms of the inside promenade and the traditional outside covered walkway. Do have a question though.... on Mariner is the outside promenade underneath the lifeboats as on Radiance class? Or are the lifeboats a bit outside so it is only half under them? Sort of wondering how much the lifeboats screen out sun or rain when using that promenade.

I would not want a deck 6 cabin above the English pub (Wig and Gavel) as it might be noisy at night. I have deck 6 inside cabins, but past the back elevators (not a promenade view cabin). Decks 6, 7, and 8 have cabins that overlook the promenade.

You might also check this thread --> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571290

RCI's usage of "promenade" is confusing in that respect in terms of the inside promenade and the traditional outside covered walkway. Do have a question though.... on Mariner is the outside promenade underneath the lifeboats as on Radiance class? Or are the lifeboats a bit outside so it is only half under them? Sort of wondering how much the lifeboats screen out sun or rain when using that promenade.

The Deck 4 outside area under where the lifeboats are stowed is normally shaded because of the decks above not necessarily because of the lifeboats.photo.php?fbid=10100355097284014&set=a.10100355083012614.3107863.2338266&type=3

On Voyager class, the lifeboats aren't in the way of anything...they are sort of recessed into the hull. On Radiance class, they do hang outside of the ship, so you can see them when you look down from the balconies....they don't BLOCK your view, but you will see them.

we are booked on deck 6 family oceanview so right in the front of the ship room 6500..I guess I should check what is above us

Below you is probably the deck 5 Lotus Lounge. It can be noisy at times, but usually quiets down by midnight and should not be noisy in the morning.

Does anyone know the web site where you can drag and drop the plans for two decks on top each other, so you can tell exactly what is above or below you? I remember seeing it but can't find it now. Thanks.

Below you is probably the deck 5 Lotus Lounge. It can be noisy at times, but usually quiets down by midnight and should not be noisy in the morning.

Does anyone know the web site where you can drag and drop the plans for two decks on top each other, so you can tell exactly what is above or below you? I remember seeing it but can't find it now. Thanks.

Try this link for Mariner:

Link

While not perfect I've had good results lining up the stairways to get relationships for rest of the decks being compared.

Adding: Also the deck plans for Voyager Class ships at http://www.voyager-class.com have more info about non-public areas that may be above or below cabin areas. Such as crew spaces.

Try this link for Mariner:

Link

While not perfect I've had good results lining up the stairways to get relationships for rest of the decks being compared.

Thanks. That's the web site I was trying to remember. Lining up the elevators also works. I don't know what the open area is below OP's cabin 6500. It might be where the main theater backdrop scenery is stored when raised up. If so you might hear noise when a theater show is going on if they have to raise and lower these backdrops. You'll have a good view of the helipad.

Thanks. That's the web site I was trying to remember. Lining up the elevators also works. I don't know what the open area is below OP's cabin 6500. It might be where the main theater backdrop scenery is stored when raised up. If so you might hear noise when a theater show is going on if they have to raise and lower these backdrops. You'll have a good view of the helipad.

we are going on the independence deck 6 promenade room 6221 has anybody been in this room what was it like

Archived