kids club ages on mariner

I was just wondering how the age thing works in the kids clubs on RCCL, our daughter is 11 almost 12... will they let her go with the 12+ kids group???

or will they make her stay with 9-11???

one cruise we went on they let her go with the older group even though she wasnt that age yet..

im just thinking she will like the activities more with the older group...

any thoughts ?

I think it also depends on how many kids are in the groups. If the 12 and up group is HUGE for your sailing, chances are slim they will let her move up. You never know, she might find other 11's that she likes to hang out with. I have an 11 year old and I don't want her in the 12 and up group because I don't want her around 14 year olds.

Depending on how many kids there are on the cruise, they won't have a 12-14 yr old group and a 15-17 yr old group, they will have a 12-17 yr old group. Even if they do have the two separate groups, at times, they will combine them during the day. The teen groups also come and go as they please with no checking in and out so that is another thing to consider. I would not move an 11 yr old up.

Well, what if you wanted to move the other way? We have a daughter who is young for her age and will turn 12 the day we embark. Do you think they will let us keep her in the 9-11 with her brother? First cruise with kids. Sorry if this is hijacking, but it kinda seemed to go along with the thread.

Well, what if you wanted to move the other way? We have a daughter who is young for her age and will turn 12 the day we embark. Do you think they will let us keep her in the 9-11 with her brother? First cruise with kids. Sorry if this is hijacking, but it kinda seemed to go along with the thread.

I've heard it usually easier to move down than up, especially if there are other family members in the desired group.

My 12 year old granddaughter was in the 12-14 age group....actually ended up being more like 12-17 age group. She is relatively shy and after 1 day requested to go back in the 9-11 group...they allowed her to do so with no problems.

Archived