Mariner or Navigotor of the seas?

erinmomof2

My family has never cruised before and we really have no idea what to look for in a cruise. We've been back and forth with what cruise line we want and we've finally settled on Royal Caribbean and either the Mariner or Navigator of the Seas. I have some questions though. It looks like the ships are basically the same as far as layout. Is there any reason to choose one over the other? We'll probably be driving to the port (we live in MI so it's a long drive either way), New Orleans would be closer but I don't think the difference in time is that big of a deal. We have 2 girls who will be 8 and 5. I don't know what to look for to decide on a ship or if it even matters. So I welcome any opinions and advice!

We went on Mariner and Navigator within a year of one another. They are virtually the same ship with different names and slightly different decor.

They are both wonderful ships! We're doing Navigator again this year because New Orleans is a short drive, but would not hesitate to go on Mariner again either.

Have sailed both ships several times and they are both pretty much the same. We enjoy Mariner a bit more but others enjoy the Navigator more. I don't think you can go wrong with either ship. I would suggest sailing on the ship with the ports that you would most like to see.

We love the Voyager Class ships....a good size, without being overwhelming, and plenty to do for everyone!

Pick by itinerary and/or which ship you can get the largest cabin at the best price....ship cabins are NOT like hotel rooms....they're much smaller, so take that into account when choosing your room. And, when you DO book, have a copy of the deck plans in front of you, so you'll know what you're paying for! The RCI brochure has the deck plans, and they're also online.

We love the Voyager Class ships....a good size, without being overwhelming, and plenty to do for everyone!

Pick by itinerary and/or which ship you can get the largest cabin at the best price....ship cabins are NOT like hotel rooms....they're much smaller, so take that into account when choosing your room. And, when you DO book, have a copy of the deck plans in front of you, so you'll know what you're paying for! The RCI brochure has the deck plans, and they're also online.

Good advice......

Unless you really want the Roatan-Belize-Cozumel itinerary Mariner does, I would recommend driving to the closer port of NO and cruising on the Navigator. Fares out of New Orleans seem to be running slightly less than fares out of Galveston, so in my opinion there's no need to drive an extra six hours!:D

For the dates we were looking at the itineraries were the same ports in a different order, so that didn't help narrow things down any! :) The price of the cruises are within $15 of eachother so that doesn't make much difference either. At this point, I'm leaning towards the Navigator out of New Orleans, just because it's closer. I'm hoping to find a good deal on airfare, but planning on driving just in case.

Can anyone give me some info about aft cabin 1688. Any noise from above, how is the room set up good or bad. Any pics?

Thanks

leedm

Check this link.

http://www.voyager-class.com/

We have stayed in that cabin. It is larger than a typical D1 and the balcony is larger. Nice cabin. It even has a stripper pole:)

For the dates we were looking at the itineraries were the same ports in a different order, so that didn't help narrow things down any! :) The price of the cruises are within $15 of eachother so that doesn't make much difference either. At this point, I'm leaning towards the Navigator out of New Orleans, just because it's closer. I'm hoping to find a good deal on airfare, but planning on driving just in case.

When I was pricing them out the taxes and fees were cheaper out of New Orleans than Galveston, plus the frequent fog delays in Galveston aren't appealing to us!

Hello. We just sailed on the Navigator Jan. 29. It was our best cruise to date. She is a pretty ship and the crew was fantastic. Here is my trip report with a link to my 300+ pics. Enjoy whichever ship you decide to book!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1565355

Archived