When do you hit your CC limit?

BooBooMonkey

Flying to our port tomorrow for our Thursday cruise! I LOVE Cruise Critic, but I’m at the point now where I can’t find anything new or interesting to read! Is it just me, or is there a “limit” on how much CC you can take? :confused:

I’ll come back and post a review, but after a few days of answering questions, I will stop coming on here until my next cruise is booked. This time, I’m having the same feeling about posting the few days BEFORE my cruise.

Crazy, right?! :eek:

Flying to our port tomorrow for our Thursday cruise! I LOVE Cruise Critic, but I’m at the point now where I can’t find anything new or interesting to read! Is it just me, or is there a “limit” on how much CC you can take? :confused:

I’ll come back and post a review, but after a few days of answering questions, I will stop coming on here until my next cruise is booked. This time, I’m having the same feeling about posting the few days BEFORE my cruise.

BooBoo Monkey, I totally get what you are saying! LoL Cruise Critic is Great pre cruise. It helps get you amped for your vacation. Reading peoples reviews, looking at pictures, getting new ideas from fellow cruisers, Roll Call, etc.

For me, if I don't have a cruise planned, I find that I don't visit Cruise Critic as often, or at all.

BooBoo Monkey, I totally get what you are saying! LoL Cruise Critic is Great pre cruise. It helps get you amped for your vacation. Reading peoples reviews, looking at pictures, getting new ideas from fellow cruisers, Roll Call, etc.

For me, if I don't have a cruise planned, I find that I don't visit Cruise Critic as often, or at all.

I think you hit the nail on the head. If I don't have a cruise booked (and its been a long time since I haven't) its to painful coming here. I think I'm so jealous about the folks cruising soon that I don't want to hear it. Otherwise I'd just pine away.

so, I hope to be here often:D Cause I don't care what I'm reading if its about cruising, I'm there.:cool:

I also don't come if I am not booked. But not out of jealousy- I just find I'm not interested. But once booked I become obsesssed.

I've been on these boards almost every day the last two months. Tonight and the last couple weeks, I'm just feeling "bleh" about it. Anyone else feel like that when getting close to your cruise?

I find myself in the strange position of having to frequent another board/website! :eek: I've booked the new Disney Fantasy for May and there just isn't much of a DCL presence here like there is on their own website.

And, since I've just done a couple of the stops last summer, I already know what I'm doing for excursions. It is strange having to make up reasons to log onto Cruise Critic!

I find myself in the strange position of having to frequent another board/website! :eek: I've booked the new Disney Fantasy for May and there just isn't much of a DCL presence here like there is on their own website.

And, since I've just done a couple of the stops last summer, I already know what I'm doing for excursions. It is strange having to make up reasons to log onto Cruise Critic!

Yeah I understand you there!! Other than Cruising my other love is DisneyWorld, go there every year sometimes twice if we're lucky.. I go between my other Disney Board site and this one here, whatever I got coming up first I obsess over!! After its done, yeah I go on a little break cuz I'm just plain depressed...That ship look beautiful, we went on the Wonder back in 08, but the price is the thing that kills me! But She is a beauty!

Nope I did the same thing. I came before our first cruise about three years ago and then left, thinking 1: we would never take another cruise. and 2: I am not a Carnival Cheerleader and I rankled a few feathers on here.

But then we decided to take another cruise, but I had to start over with another "ID" as I forgot my password and the email address I used to start here is dead.

I usually check out Cruise Critic when I have a cruise booked or just back from one to answer questions/give a review. Since this will be our first Carnival cruise as a couple, I've been reading more on this board than posting. I post more frequently on the Princess board.

But when we don't have anything booked, I can go weeks without checking in to Cruise Critic.

I do not even want to think of the amount of brain and liver cells I burnt drinking CC and 7up.:D

The way I see it, it is simply an act of nature, only the strong survive and the weak ones probably wern't doing any good to begin with ! :eek:

Sometimes, I have to take a break from CC when I feel I have read everything there is to read. If I have a cruise booked, it's not a long break. If I don't, I leave the boards for a while.

My other obsession is Disney, as well. Not the cruise line, which we can't reasonably afford, the Disney World in Orlando. If I don't have a cruise booked, chances are we have a trip to Disney planned and I hope over to the DisBoards.

Either way, I usually have my obsession ;).

I've been on these boards almost every day the last two months. Tonight and the last couple weeks, I'm just feeling "bleh" about it. Anyone else feel like that when getting close to your cruise?

I feel the exact same way & it is very weird. I've been on this site non stop since we booked in October and now that i'm a few days away it's just not quite the same. I was thinking that I have read and reread almost everything that will be helpful so i'm not picking up too much the last couple of weeks. I have no idea what my problem is but I have a feeling once I hit the road Saturday morning the excitement will be back!

After a few years you will see the same questions and topics over and over and over. Once you've replied to them a few times you just lose interest and quit doing so.

With that being said, remember there are new people finding this site every day and they are just learning this stuff like we did years ago, so I'm not complaining just saying that yeah, it can get boring. This site is a very valuable resource to many, myself included.

I started reading everything here early January for the crusie I booked for December 30th, I now believe I know all I need to know, but I keep coming back reading stuff that really has nothing to do with me, just a hard habit to kick I guess.

Same here.

I disappear after doing the review for awhile, and come back when I book a cruise. Simply because the experience always changes and I appreciate it when I get updates from others about new ports of call, excursions, etc.

The few days before a cruise are really personal time when you want your thoughts only to yourself- and let's face it- most people are busy with last minute things like stopping mail and getting their dog to a kennel.

I go months without ever coming to the Cruise Critic site. Then I'm here for weeks on end. Usually a new cruise interest sparks it, I'm sure. The latest, of course, is the CONCORDIA tragedy.

I book "last minute" (usually 3-5 days before the cruise) so I'm usually one of the last to hit the ROLL CALL. By this time half of the paxs have been conversing for months, sometimes years, and know each others children's names and ages, etc., so I'm pretty much personna non gratis for my contribution.:D

Many of the threads are actually about "old" information (not complaining) so a quick run down the latest 2 or 3 pages and I'm either out of here or contributing and even learning.

I have many other interests with websites, so I'm never without a place to go. I'm a member of SSRFANATICS, a hotrod truck club of the Chevy convertible hardtop SSR. I go to many of these events and nowadays spend a lot of time with Tea Party Patriots trying to help clear up this mess we've gotten ourselves into. There are also many other cruise sites which I can't mention. :rolleyes:

Archived