Fuel Surcharge

arnold81

Hi there, I was reading through my carnival contract and noticed it said we will be charged a fuel surcharge in oil is over a certin price even if our cruise is already paid for... Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?

Sailing the Carnival Victory

Hi there, I was reading through my carnival contract and noticed it said we will be charged a fuel surcharge in oil is over a certin price even if our cruise is already paid for... Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?

It has not happened for years

Most cruise lines are including minor fluctuations padded into your cruise cost already ..however if prices take a dramatic jump they will start passing on these charges to their passengers based on the West Texas Intermediate.This is very unlikely that this will be done..It happened to us a few years ago when we booked but by the time we sailed it had been changed and we received an OBC...Don't be concerned..if this happens you will have plenty of notice..

Most cruise lines are just slowly raising their prices or not giving quite as deep discounts to counter the rising fuel costs. The cruise lines realize that to add the fuel surcharge would be a great blow to their occupancy as psychologicly it would push the price of cruising over the limit.

NO...it says the cruise line has the right to add a fuel surcharge...something quite different than saying they will add a fuel surcharge. In fact no US-based cruise lines at this time adds a fuel surcharge, although at one time some did.

Don't go looking for something you don't want to find!!!!

Thanks Everyone.

It's just so hard to try and figure out IF they will add the fuel charge or not, so is it the consensus that IF they decide to add the fuel charge we will know about it BEFORE we cruise.... I'm just hoping that the end of the cruise they won't come and they say of yeah by the way we charged your credit card the $9/day pp......

Thanks Everyone.

It's just so hard to try and figure out IF they will add the fuel charge or not, so is it the consensus that IF they decide to add the fuel charge we will know about it BEFORE we cruise.... I'm just hoping that the end of the cruise they won't come and they say of yeah by the way we charged your credit card the $9/day pp......

I would not wot worry about having the surcharge tacked on last minute. While it is technically possible, the chances are minuscule.

Archived