Just off the Summit?

Mathguy42

Wow, what nice photos, trubadur! Thanks for sharing them. We're looking forward to Summit in May and seeing the changes from last spring.

There actually was a blog posted and X also had a "reporter" on the first sailing who did a few posts. You can find the posts here ; I thought it would be more detailed and comprehensive than it turned out to be, but at least it does have some photos.

S

Awesome pics!! Now,thats what I've been waiting for....Thanks a million, Trubadur. Where was the photo of the table and chairs (in your first set taken)? The ship looks fantastic..Love the new loungers in the pool area.

.thanks for the library photo, believe it or not I don't usually hang out at the library on vacation (just bring my Kindle along):)

Hi all! I have family sailing her this week! I can have them do a photo review for us so we can get some good looks at her!

I was kinda curious about the lack of info out there too!

Thanks so much!!!

Just got off the ship on the 11th. First time on Summit after Solstice last winter. Great work on interiors, in my opinion, and venues nicely mirrored Solstice (Martini, Crush, Bistro, Cellar, Theater, Micheal's, etc all looked like they had new carpeting, furniture, lighting). Felt all new and squeaky clean inside to me. Room with same earth-toned, soothing carpet, drapes, bedspreads as on Solstice. But, a little disappointed in lack of outside work completion. Painting needed in quite a few areas, with a few rust spots prominent on parts of balcony railing, around balcony doors, etc. Still needing some paint around areas like where new Celeb suite balconies added. Back section cordoned off as they were placing flooring and sanding(?) for most of the trip the deck above new Aqua Class section (one of those rotating buffers used to scrub floors). Assume not that great for people in the cabins below. Think there were at least some units occupied. Looked like a couple of guests, and not workers, going into a couple of the rooms when I walked by. Glanced in one when open and being cleaned(?), and looked identical to the Concierge room we were in. Didn't get a pic though (sorry). Food was fantastic in MDR on Select. Ask for Percy and Pinto! Every meal a treat. And I thought Blu from last sailing was going to be hard to beat. And you really should try QSine. An experience like no other. Journeyed to I don't know how many different lands with amazing foods presented in whimsical boxes and towers and the like. Waiters were as entertaining as the food presentation. All in all, a great cruise, even though some work still to be done. Noted some painters hanging under the overhang when we boarded and some painting while at ports & workers in various areas outside (like promenade) doing things (but not intrusive or distracting overall). By the looks of it, should be all wrapped up in next 2-3 weeks I would think. Would be nice to think that all outside areas that looked as though they were still a work in progress will be taken care of and quickly. Only heard one machine noise once inside near Guest Relations for a brief period as someone was working on the glass elevator. Oh yeah, one nice little touch/addition... in bathroom, they took away box hair dryer and put up a small picture that lights up from behind and serves as a night light for bathroom when main light is off (handheld dryer provided in closet). Tried to include some room pics of our room just now, but got error message about security token missing. Will try again later. Happy sailing to those headed out on her soon...

Wonderful! So glad you had a good time. Thanks so much for posting this :)

We were off last Saturday and I wrote a review a few days ago. It still hasn't been published though. Rather than rehashing the whole thing though, I guess it would be easier to respond to specific questions...

However, in general, the Solsticization really only had an effect for those seeking specialty restaurants. Other areas of the ship retained old and worn our signs. Having said that, we love Summit and I'll be happy to respond to anything from embarkation to debarkation.

Did you notice if there was still a basketball court on deck 11 ?

We're going on summit march 3 and have a suite and plan on taking plenty of videos and pics for everyone. It's like the summit got refurbished and no one with a camera went on it

Hi i will also be on the sailing 03rd March i am in a Royal suite so will be snapping away

Thanks to all who have posted additional information. Sloop-John B, trubadur (great photos!) and travlindoc, your input was especially helpful.

I've had my eye on AQ for the re-positioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne at the end of April. I had a bit of a concern over the location of the new AQ cabins on deck 11 aft (movement, wind on the balcony, etc). I have a cabin on courtesy hold and have decided to confirm it today!

The AQ cabins for the 4/28 sailing are currently $300 less than CC so it looks like demand for these is soft.

We loved AQ on the Solstice and are looking forward to dining in Blu. We felt the service was more relaxed and personal than the MDR.

Our cruise is April 7th and our first one on Celebrity so we are excited to see what our new ship will look like. Yes, very nice indeed, and the comments are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to this sailing......

Thanks to all who have posted additional information. Sloop-John B, trubadur (great photos!) and travlindoc, your input was especially helpful.

I've had my eye on AQ for the re-positioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne at the end of April. I had a bit of a concern over the location of the new AQ cabins on deck 11 aft (movement, wind on the balcony, etc). I have a cabin on courtesy hold and have decided to confirm it today!

The AQ cabins for the 4/28 sailing are currently $300 less than CC so it looks like demand for these is soft.

We loved AQ on the Solstice and are looking forward to dining in Blu. We felt the service was more relaxed and personal than the MDR.

I've been watching the prices. The price today for those A1's is better than it's been for weeks. I believe last weeks price was more than a few hundred per person above what it is today. Must be a "past the final payment" thing.

Great itinerary...that's why we picked it too :)

TO CT127,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Your words say it all... it really is kind of eerie isn't it ???

First no Celebrity Blog (as promised)... THAT WAS A HUGE DISAPPPOINTMENT !!

Then not much in the way of pictures... so few from either the Bahamas in Dry Dock, or San Juan (where she sailed from) or even any of the Ports of Call.

And now hardly any Reviews, and even fewer photos.

The Summit is on her 3rd Sailing (soon to be 4th) and so little info, its like she's disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle...

Cheers!

Hi, there is a Celebrity blog:

http://celebritycruises.tumblr.com/

ellen

I've been watching the prices. The price today for those A1's is better than it's been for weeks. I believe last weeks price was more than a few hundred per person above what it is today. Must be a "past the final payment" thing.

Great itinerary...that's why we picked it too :)

The itinerary is what got me interested in the first place. This will be different from any cruise we've done.

Agree that it's a "final payment thing". Glad we waited to book.

Few more - 02.04.2012 sailing from SJU (source: travelpod):

Are these your photos, or someone else's?

If they're not yours, could you please give proper citation to the person/people who took these photos? It's not enough to say "source: travelpod" or "source: picasa" -- if you are referencing someone's photography blog or site, please give them credit, e.g. by providing a link. (they're not mine, but as a photographer I am a bit sensitive when it comes to this issue)

Nice to see a testimonial from one our own On the X blog - Anne, aka cruiseacat. I certainly would put more stock in her comments than those of the "guest reporter.". We sailed with Anne on Summit, lovely lady!! can't wait to read a full report from you Anne!

Is there anyone joining the Celebrity Summit on March 24, 2012?:)

HI JEALOUSBEE,

Welcome to Cruise Critic... and Aboard the CC CELEBRITY BOARD !!

Your best place for info on your upcoming cruise is to post directly with the ROLL CALL for your "specific" sailing date.

You can find the SUMMIT ROLL CALL BOARD here = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=286

Roll Calls are great... a wonderful way to "connect" with fellow passengers BEFORE and During your Cruise... and a fun way to spend Sail-Away.

Roll Calls also share great info... and valuable TIPS, including ways to S$AVE Money (share taxis, private shore excursions etc)

Check it out.

And be sure to ask on the Roll Call about the Celebrity Connections "Meet & Mingle" event for your Sailing as well... you register directly with Celebrity and they throw a small party for CC members... typically you get to meet some officers, and have the chance to get the inside track on some "perks" for CC Members (like Ship Tours or a Bridge Sail-Away)

Enjoy!

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Archived