Grand Voyages vs. Collector's Cruises

euro cruiser

I've tooled around on the HAL web site but I can't find anyplace where they actually define what the criteria are for a Grand Voyage, vs. a Collector's Cruise, vs. any other cruise. Surely it isn't simply the length, is it? What sets these itineraries apart?

Actually -it IS length that pretty much sets them apart! That -and that they are on two ships only. The primary ship is the Amsterdam; It does the World cruise in mid-winter of about100+ days. It also does Asia Pacific in the Fall for around 65-70+ days. The other ship is Prinsendam that does a Grand thru the Mediterranean and into the Black Sea.

We are retired so have TIME! These cruises often leave from/return to US ports [ either SEattle to S Calif or Florida to Florida] which means MORE time but SHORTER flights. There are also many more Sea days BUT wonderful port speakers and historical lecturers for the exotic places you visit and the lecturers entertain in a lot of detail [ which we prefer] We have done a World [ 2007] and 4 Asia Pacific with another booked and we LOVE this kind of cruise MUCH better than the quickie/vacations we had while we both worked. It kind of depends on where you are in life and what you cruise FOR.

Collector cruises is the title given to some connected cruises [ formerly referred to as B2B or back-to-back] and the primary savings is both airfair [ from going/coming in the middle] and a bit more $$$ savings from HAL.

BOTH kinds are worth exploring and seeing which fit YOUR needs/wants. Hope this helps

One nice thing about the collectors cruise is you can usually use your FCC's. With grand, you can't (too many days). Our collectors cruise will be 31 days (just short enough to use the FCC and long enough to be truly memorable):D

????? Fcc ??????

sorry, future cruise credit. You can buy them on the ship. They are $100 per person for each cruise. They give you a bit of obc and serve as your actual downpayment when you book. ie., I booked a collectors cruise in 2013, used my FCC and my down payment is covered. They are good for 4 years (I've never had one last that long:rolleyes:)

We are looking for a 30 plus day tour in January. It could be back to back. Any suggestions. We just came back from Capetown to Hong Kong on the Nautica (50 day). We would like or prefer to leave from the States. We are out of ff miles.

Alimerid

sorry, future cruise credit. You can buy them on the ship. They are $100 per person for each cruise. They give you a bit of obc and serve as your actual downpayment when you book. ie., I booked a collectors cruise in 2013, used my FCC and my down payment is covered. They are good for 4 years (I've never had one last that long:rolleyes:)

Thanks - We've never bought that so I didn't understand. We DO have stock in CCL so we DO get OBC and I was TRYING to make FCC into THAT ..........[ didn't work;duh!] NOT your fault; my misunderstanding ;)

Archived