Brilliance GS 1060 or 1600

redhead621

Need help deciding, do I want the aft corner GS, or the mid ship one. I have stayed in a D2 aft before and enjoyed the wake and didn't mind the walk. Looking at the aft balcony it does seem bigger. Does it wrap around and is the cabin layout that much different. I have 1600 on hold but am thinking that I might want to grab 1060 instead.

Here are pictures of 1060 on Radiance of the Seas Grand ... which is a sister to Brilliance. Here are photos of Brilliance of the Seas GS 1600...

I borrowed these from my friend Jean whom I don't think will mind as she takes such great photos. :) As you can see the design of GS 1600 is completely different than that of 1060.

Each has their drawbacks. 1600 is a long walk and rather dark but is very private and has a nice balcony that just wraps around slightly. 1060 has a huge balcony, but you have limited privacy because the folks in the OS next door can look right onto your balcony.

Here are pictures of 1060 on Radiance of the Seas Grand ... which is a sister to Brilliance. Here are photos of Brilliance of the Seas GS 1600...

I borrowed these from my friend Jean whom I don't think will mind as she takes such great photos. :) As you can see the design of GS 1600 is completely different than that of 1060.

Each has their drawbacks. 1600 is a long walk and rather dark but is very private and has a nice balcony that just wraps around slightly. 1060 has a huge balcony, but you have limited privacy because the folks in the OS next door can look right onto your balcony.

Of course I don't mind - you saved me the trouble!:D

I'm normally an aft cabin fan on the Radiance class ships - love that wake view. But my favorite GS on Brilliance or Radiance (Jewel and Serenade have slightly different layouts) is 1556 on the starboard side hump. It's just a tad smaller than 1060, but has the same basic layout. There's just a little less room between the bar and the closet. It has a nice balcony, and it's quite private unless you're standing right at the rail, in which case everybody in the forward section can see you. And, although it's fully covered, it doesn't come with the big overhang that 1060's balcony does.

One of the pictures of 1060 is taken from the OS next door, so you can see the lack of privacy, not to mention that the entire portside aft of you can see you at the railing. 1600 isn't much better - one can stand at the rail of 1602 next door and see the whole thing. But it's the most private of the bunch (as long as you stay away from the rail, since the people on the aft Windjammer area can see you for about 2-3 feet:p).

If 1556 isn't available, I'd go for 1060, but it's a close call. DH is sensitive to the sun, and you don't get much shelter on the balcony of 1600, which can also get pretty windy - we didn't have that problem in either 1556 or 1060, although cigar smoke from somebody's balcony did take up residence on 1060's balcony. And I really didn't like the layout of 1600. On the other hand, I don't really like the fully covered balcony that 1060 has - it's hard to see the night sky.

Unless the suite perks are really important to you, if 1100 or 1602 are available, I'd take one of those. They are JS cabins, so have a limited list of perks, but they are a great size for 2 people, and their balconies are bigger than 1600's.

Just my opinion, of course!:D

Thanks to all. Now I know what I'm missing...

have stayed in both rooms. without a doubt hands down 1060. massive balcony even compared to 1600. and lots of light into the room. Only disadvantage is just can only see from one side. while as 1600 the cabin may have a little bit more room due to its unconvential set up, it is a little darker in 1600, but the balcony you got a fuller view. My big is 1060.. 9.5 out of 10 times

Of course I don't mind - you saved me the trouble!:D

I'm normally an aft cabin fan on the Radiance class ships - love that wake view. But my favorite GS on Brilliance or Radiance (Jewel and Serenade have slightly different layouts) is 1556 on the starboard side hump. It's just a tad smaller than 1060, but has the same basic layout. There's just a little less room between the bar and the closet. It has a nice balcony, and it's quite private unless you're standing right at the rail, in which case everybody in the forward section can see you. And, although it's fully covered, it doesn't come with the big overhang that 1060's balcony does.

One of the pictures of 1060 is taken from the OS next door, so you can see the lack of privacy, not to mention that the entire portside aft of you can see you at the railing. 1600 isn't much better - one can stand at the rail of 1602 next door and see the whole thing. But it's the most private of the bunch (as long as you stay away from the rail, since the people on the aft Windjammer area can see you for about 2-3 feet:p).

If 1556 isn't available, I'd go for 1060, but it's a close call. DH is sensitive to the sun, and you don't get much shelter on the balcony of 1600, which can also get pretty windy - we didn't have that problem in either 1556 or 1060, although cigar smoke from somebody's balcony did take up residence on 1060's balcony. And I really didn't like the layout of 1600. On the other hand, I don't really like the fully covered balcony that 1060 has - it's hard to see the night sky.

Unless the suite perks are really important to you, if 1100 or 1602 are available, I'd take one of those. They are JS cabins, so have a limited list of perks, but they are a great size for 2 people, and their balconies are bigger than 1600's.

Just my opinion, of course!:D

So excited to read this - we are in 1556 on Brilliance in November and my daughter, son in law and boys are in 1060. Sounds like its going to be great!

I have made my deposit and decided on 1060. Thinking that we would like to be mid ship. The privacy on the balcony is not an issue. We are just off the Oasis and were able to upgrade to the Aqua Theater Suite, really not any privacy on that balcony, unless you stay on the side that overlooks the side of the ship. It was amazing, I hope that I will be able to go back to a normal balcony again. I think that I am spoiled for life.

I have made my deposit and decided on 1060. Thinking that we would like to be mid ship. The privacy on the balcony is not an issue. We are just off the Oasis and were able to upgrade to the Aqua Theater Suite, really not any privacy on that balcony, unless you stay on the side that overlooks the side of the ship. It was amazing, I hope that I will be able to go back to a normal balcony again. I think that I am spoiled for life.

I think you will be very happy mid-ship and sooooo very close to the Concierge Lounge. Unless, of course, Brilliance goes into dry dock prior to your cruise and the CL gets relocated to Deck 13 like it did on Radiance.:(

Having been in several of these cabins on Radiance class ships (two specifically on Brilliance including 1060 - on a recent Brilliance cruise with my family we occupied most of the mentioned cabins), my choice would be 1060. Though parts of the balcony can be seen down the aft of the ship, the sheer size of the balcony makes up for the partial lack of privacy, and you won't be disappointed (if going with friends or family, your balcony will often be used, with the added benefit of making friends with the OS occupants next door).

If a GS is desired, 1600 is a good alternate, and as has been suggested the two aft JR suites (1100 and 1102) or even any one of the aft D2's are good (though the cabin is much smaller and the perks much less, the balcony for 1104 or 1604 are nearly the size of the cabin).

I think you will be very happy mid-ship and sooooo very close to the Concierge Lounge. Unless, of course, Brilliance goes into dry dock prior to your cruise and the CL gets relocated to Deck 13 like it did on Radiance.:(

I'm wondering how the general opinion is on this. I love the fact when you book a suite you are close to the CL. My husband and I love our coffee and it stinks to know these class ships will be moving them!!:(

And, I'm making sure I book Briliance before all the changes!! Serenade was my favorite cruise to date as I loved that ship as she was.:)

Archived