UK passenger booking on US site?

Lyann

You can book through a US TA, but I have never done it. We were able to book a Carnival cruise a few years ago through B Travel and got the US rates, but have never been able to find a TA in Scotland who can do that for RCI.

You don't need a US address & US credit card to book a RCCL cruise in the US when you live in the UK. I have used a US TA for years and I don't have either of those things :D

Sorry. It was my understanding that it wasn't allowed because of the consumer protection laws in the UK. Isn't that the reason the prices are higher to begin with? More liability for the cruise line if there are problems?

Can someone from the UK book on RCL american site? The price on the US site for a balcony is $2600 compared to £4118. Big difference in price so I am curious to know.

Every time I have compared the price has worked out dearer on the US site.

I only wish I could get my darn laptop to go on the RCCL US site - I have tried what everyone suggested to log in there but it always defaults back to the UK site :mad:

Hi Angie...use RCCL.com instead of typing out the full Royal Caribbean...that worked for me after weeks of grrrrring when not able to get back onto US site after a computer change.

I only wish I could get my darn laptop to go on the RCCL US site - I have tried what everyone suggested to log in there but it always defaults back to the UK site :mad:
This has been bugging me too for ages.

Hi Angie...use RCCL.com instead of typing out the full Royal Caribbean...that worked for me after weeks of grrrrring when not able to get back onto US site after a computer change.
Thanks for the suggestion but just tried this and it still forces me back to the UK site. :(

This has worked in the past for my friends in Europe

Try this.

Go to http://www.google.com/ncr. *This will install a "no country redirect" cookie that avoids country specific search results. *If you ever want to reset your browser to enable this feature, just delete your google cookies.

Then within google search for rccl etc.

No guarantees as Technology changes daily,

but worth a shot

There are a few things you need to watch out for...

1) ask about the extra cancellation the AGENCY might require.

2) only allow rccl to charge your credit card and NOT the agency.

3) ask for the guest copy of the RCCL confirmation

4) before you book make sure you are aware of all the extras (taxes & fees that are charged in the US)

maybe some other CC have a few things to add.

This has worked in the past for my friends in Europe

Try this.

Go to http://www.google.com/ncr. *This will install a "no country redirect" cookie that avoids country specific search results. *If you ever want to reset your browser to enable this feature, just delete your google cookies.

Then within google search for rccl etc.

No guarantees as Technology changes daily,

but worth a shot

This is interesting. Would it enable someone in the US to watch BBC iPlayer for example?

Only if you have a US address & a US credit card.

Sorry. It was my understanding that it wasn't allowed because of the consumer protection laws in the UK. Isn't that the reason the prices are higher to begin with? More liability for the cruise line if there are problems?

It´s certainly possible to book with US TA´s from outside the US without having a US address and/or US credit card. Even those cruiselines that try to discourage you with their online booking engines can be booked by contacting the TA directly.

Of course doing so you will book under US T&C´s any you will not get any protection that might be given in your home country.

Thanks for all the replys so far. If I were to book it would be with RCCL direct on their US site. It just seems so unfair that they can have such vast price differences for exactly the same stateroom. Still unsure what to do as I would rather book a package but hey there could be some extra dollars in my pocket!

Thanks for all the replys so far. If I were to book it would be with RCCL direct on their US site. It just seems so unfair that they can have such vast price differences for exactly the same stateroom. Still unsure what to do as I would rather book a package but hey there could be some extra dollars in my pocket!

Which cruise is this - really curious :)

:o I think I must have been having a mental block when looking at the pricing. The original prices I quoted were not quite right the uk one had flights on it. The price differences are £2600 compared to $2600. Still a difference though. The sailing is Brilliance on 19th April. This is not my first time booking a cruise but have always booked with a uk agent in the past.

:o I think I must have been having a mental block when looking at the pricing. The original prices I quoted were not quite right the uk one had flights on it. The price differences are £2600 compared to $2600. Still a difference though. The sailing is Brilliance on 19th April. This is not my first time booking a cruise but have always booked with a uk agent in the past.

Looks good - looks like some of the categories are cheaper in USD - D1 for example - $999pp compared to £1429pp

Well ive tried all of the suggestions and links and my laptop always defaults back to the UK site. Ive tried Safari, Google chrome with the NCR but it just throws me back again.

Ive also deleted all my cookies just in case this helped but it didnt so I have to give up now and admit defeat :rolleyes:

Angie

Archived