VISA Rewards site down?

orville99

:-( been trying all week to redeem for cruise upcoming Sunday week. Did wait until the last minute because I had already redeemed many points. Just had enough for a last minute obc. Old guidelines said you could redeem up until 5 business days out. Oh well..guess I'll just have to start early working on the next cruise. Oh poor me! LOL

It worked for me yesterday. I assume it is fixed now.

Just tried again and I got this same message. NOT fixed now.:mad:

"Your request cannot be completed.

•You do not have an eligible rewards credit card account to access this website."

Just a wild guess, but try clearing out your cookies, and then retype the web address from scratch. Sometimes that works on balky web sites.

Good thought, but just cleared everything and it is still non-responsive

Just a wild guess, but try clearing out your cookies, and then retype the web address from scratch. Sometimes that works on balky web sites.

Nice try...but it still is not working...wonder if their payment system was down for 5 days if they would have fixed it by now?;)

I was able to log in no problem, but i didn't see how you get the points applied to the cruise, is it automatic or do they send a certificate in the mail? I don't have my cruise booked yet and was wondering how much time you need?

[quote name='asilde']I was able to log in no problem, but i didn't see how you get the points applied to the cruise, is it automatic or do they send a certificate in the mail? I don't have my cruise booked yet and was wondering how much time you need?[/quote]
Once points are redeemed, you will come to a page that requests name, phone number, email, etc. There is a comment box at the bottom of that page.

In the Comment Box list Ship, Sailing Date, Booking Number, Amount of Points. If you are redeeming for more than one cruise, list each cruise on a separate line within the comment box.

You should really redeem points about 2 months prior to departure. They apply points by earliest to latest departure dates. Edited by cruisenfever

[quote name='cruisenfever']Once points are redeemed, you will come to a page that requests name, phone number, email, etc. There is a comment box at the bottom of that page.

In the Comment Box list Ship, Sailing Date, Booking Number, Amount of Points. If you are redeeming for more than one cruise, list each cruise on a separate line within the comment box.

You should really redeem points about 2 months prior to departure. They apply points by earliest to latest departure dates.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.... seems easy enough

This new system has been up and running for about 1 week now and it still is not working correctly...just got the below message...again:mad:

[SIZE="4"]"Your request cannot be completed.
•You do not have an eligible rewards credit card account to access this website."[/SIZE]

I do have an account with BOA and I can view my RCI Visa credit card info just fine through their web site. So I do have an eligible credir card account.

The old system worked just fine.

Same here. I have had a BofA card almost since Royal started the program. Could log in fine the old way, but now all I ever get is

[B]Your request cannot be completed.[/B]

[LIST]
[*]You do not have an eligible rewards credit card account to access this website.
[/LIST]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Pain in the a**. RCCL redemption desk is pretty frustrated as well, I talked to them the other day and they know it is not working but nothing they can do about it until the "wonderful" IT dept gets it fixed. [/SIZE][/FONT]

I got it to work and redeemed my points on my iPhone. Got a confirmation email very quickly. I cut it really close when I did this last night. the web site says you can redeem up to one week out. We sail next Sunday I had already done the bulk of my points weeks ago. This was that last $50 OBC. The card statement just showed up. I'll check with RCCL later this week to see if it was applied. I'll let y'all know for future reference.

[quote name='jmbut']Has anyone else had trouble getting their initial bonus points? They only gave me 5000 l have been calling for 3 months still not straight.

That's how l know the web site is down[/quote]
I have been fighting to get my points since October. They gave me 5000 and their "research" department promises they are looking into it. I have been on countless phone calls with Bank of America & Royal Car to no avail. :mad:

After spending 20 minutes in an online chat with a BOA rep (resetting cookies, changing browsers, clearing cache, etc.), I finally got them to give me the direct line to their redemptions department - since they had no clue what was still wrong with the system. All they said was that there appeared to be a "technical" problem;

Anyway, the direct line is 888-305-4626. Supposedly you can call them direct if you need points applied in a hurry.