VISA Rewards site down?

orville99

[quote name='orville99']After spending 20 minutes in an online chat with a BOA rep (resetting cookies, changing browsers, clearing cache, etc.), I finally got them to give me the direct line to their redemptions department - since they had no clue what was still wrong with the system. All they said was that there appeared to be a "technical" problem;

Anyway, the direct line is 888-305-4626. Supposedly you can call them direct if you need points applied in a hurry.[/quote]
You must have missed my post #12 as that is the number I always give to folks that need to talk with the Royal Rewards Department.

Just tried to log in - no success. :mad:
I can go to the regular BofA site and log right in, and see my RCL credit card - and all the activity associated with it - but cannot log in through the Royal Rewards site.
Am deleting cookies right now to try again - but my patience for this is usually pretty short. Next step is to call the 888 number.

I guess I was lucky in getting my points redeemed for OBC. I just logged back in and I can see my remaining points, along with my pending points that should be available March 5. I received a email confirmation for the transaction.

My last attempt at using this online service did not go well and took over 1 month to have them find the transaction in their system and have my OBC from my points posted to my upcoming cruise. I DID NOT get the email confirmation last time, but I had printouts from my computer screen when it was done. Somehow this request got lost in their system.

I am using Google's Chrome browser, if this makes any difference. I haven't used Internet Explore or Firefox for the last couple of years.

[quote name='cruisenfever']You must have missed my post #12 as that is the number I always give to folks that need to talk with the Royal Rewards Department.[/quote]

True. Since I started this thread, I've just been quickscanning the posts to see whether anyone has gotten the site to work, and didn't see that.:o

Thanks to Cruisenfever. I used the telephone number you supplied to royal rewards department and was able to redeem my points without any problems. The person I spoke with was very polite and well informed about the process and quickly sent me the confirmation e-mail. I would suggest to anyone who needs to redeem their points quickly to also call the number provided in post 12 by Cruisenfever.

[quote name='orville99']True. Since I started this thread, I've just been quickscanning the posts to see whether anyone has gotten the site to work, and didn't see that.:o[/quote]
No problem. I have that number embedded in my head. Except for one time when I gave the number and flipped numbers. When they called they got some Baptist Church who had absolutely no idea about redeeming Visa points!:o
[quote name='Betatlake']Thanks to Cruisenfever. I used the telephone number you supplied to royal rewards department and was able to redeem my points without any problems. The person I spoke with was very polite and well informed about the process and quickly sent me the confirmation e-mail. I would suggest to anyone who needs to redeem their points quickly to also call the number provided in post 12 by Cruisenfever.[/quote]
You are more than welcome. :)

[quote name='atb']Just tried to log in - no success. :mad:
I can go to the regular BofA site and log right in, and see my RCL credit card - and all the activity associated with it - but cannot log in through the Royal Rewards site.
Am deleting cookies right now to try again - but my patience for this is usually pretty short. Next step is to call the 888 number.[/QUOTE]

It might be your security levels are too high. If you are set to High, then set it to Medium. Also, try adding the site to your trusted sites in Internet Options/Security.

[quote name='cruisenfever']No problem. I have that number embedded in my head. Except for one time when I gave the number and flipped numbers. When they called they got some Baptist Church who had absolutely no idea about redeeming Visa points!:o[/quote]

At this point it's probably easier for them to redeem souls than it is for us to redeem points. Maybe I'll call their number instead;)

[quote name='cruisenfever']Once points are redeemed, you will come to a page that requests name, phone number, email, etc. There is a comment box at the bottom of that page.

In the Comment Box list Ship, Sailing Date, Booking Number, Amount of Points. If you are redeeming for more than one cruise, list each cruise on a separate line within the comment box.

You should really redeem points about 2 months prior to departure. They apply points by earliest to latest departure dates.[/quote]

cruisenfever, I have redeemed points for a free cruise twice under the old system. Since I had to send off and wait for them to come in the mail, I did this way before final payment was due.

Assuming someday the redemption site is up and I can do the redemption online, do I still need to apply 2 months in advance to be safe? Also, can I do this after final payment and get credited back for the free cruise amount even if I have no balance on my cruise? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='caribbeanfever']cruisenfever, I have redeemed points for a free cruise twice under the old system. Since I had to send off and wait for them to come in the mail, I did this way before final payment was due.

Assuming someday the redemption site is up and I can do the redemption online, do I still need to apply 2 months in advance to be safe? Also, can I do this after final payment and get credited back for the free cruise amount even if I have no balance on my cruise? Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Since I have never redeemed points for a free cruise/companion fare I can't help you there.

For OBC you can do it after before/final payment. Redeeming points about 2 months prior to departure is a good idea.

I have just spent almost an hour being bounced form one person to another at BoA trying to resolve the issued of logging in to the Royal Rewards website. I've had a BoA login and password for ages and can get to my credit card site but the "REWARDS" tab that's supposed to be there to let me redeem points isn't showing up. I was told that IT would make the correction so the "REWARDS" tab shows up on my credit card activity page. Of course, this won't be done for 5 business days. And I'm betting that when I check in 5 business days it sill won't be right. Fortunately, my cruise isn't until May, and just maybe they'll get it fixed by then.

I have enough points for a 2nd passenger cruises free on a 7 day caribbean cruise but I want to do a 9 day cruise. My question is this, how would my points be applied for the longer cruise. Hoping someone here has done this before. Been trying to get thru to royal rewards but thats a joke. Even tried calling but was left on hold for over 20 minutes. I finally hung up. Havent booked anything yet because I was hoping I could get some info. Thank you for any info.

[quote name='Janet524']I have just spent almost an hour being bounced form one person to another at BoA trying to resolve the issued of logging in to the Royal Rewards website. I've had a BoA login and password for ages and can get to my credit card site but the "REWARDS" tab that's supposed to be there to let me redeem points isn't showing up. I was told that IT would make the correction so the "REWARDS" tab shows up on my credit card activity page. Of course, this won't be done for 5 business days. And I'm betting that when I check in 5 business days it sill won't be right. Fortunately, my cruise isn't until May, and just maybe they'll get it fixed by then.[/quote]
You should just called the Royal Rewards Dept. at 1-888-305-4626 and they can redeem all the points you want over the telephone.

[quote name='caribbeanfever']cruisenfever, I have redeemed points for a free cruise twice under the old system. Since I had to send off and wait for them to come in the mail, I did this way before final payment was due.

Assuming someday the redemption site is up and I can do the redemption online, do I still need to apply 2 months in advance to be safe? Also, can I do this after final payment and get credited back for the free cruise amount even if I have no balance on my cruise? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes you will receive a credit to your credit card if you cash in your points after final payment. I have done it several times.

To anyone who has redeemed since the site problems did you get a confirmation email immediately? Or are they sending it after the points are applied?

We called and applied points for an upgrade (just getting $$ off as we are in a balcony cabin).

We never received an email confirmation. We are not saiing until November so we have time but I was wondering if the emails are sent immediately or after applying the points.

PS Still can't get into the site this am. Edited by molly361

I also received a "Branded Redemption Transaction Details" confirmation email immediately. Now I just have to wait and see if these points get posted to my account.

They should email out a "Guest Invoice for Reservation #" with a PDF detailing the transaction. My last redemption did not go well back in Nov. 2011, but after several phone calls they straighten it out and I had them email me the PDF detailing the redemption. The PDF document from RCCL is titled "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy", which list all your booking info, charges, or credits.

[quote name='pcur']It might be your security levels are too high. If you are set to High, then set it to Medium. Also, try adding the site to your trusted sites in Internet Options/Security.[/quote]

what site do you go to? I am using
[URL]https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL[/URL]

and I can log in fine, but I always get the error message

[quote name='curcurt']I guess I was lucky in getting my points redeemed for OBC. I just logged back in and I can see my remaining points, along with my pending points that should be available March 5. I received a email confirmation for the transaction.

My last attempt at using this online service did not go well and took over 1 month to have them find the transaction in their system and have my OBC from my points posted to my upcoming cruise. I DID NOT get the email confirmation last time, but I had printouts from my computer screen when it was done. Somehow this request got lost in their system.

I am using Google's Chrome browser, if this makes any difference. I haven't used Internet Explore or Firefox for the last couple of years.[/quote]

I redeemed 25k points about a week before they changed the sign in system, and they have lost them. I emailed the screen online confirmation and the last 2 months of my cc statements showing the points had been taked out. Also called BofA and they show the points were taken out. But Royal still haven't found them. They are still working on it. First time I have had problems. I liked the old system better, never had a issue when I called and got a paper confirm and then sent it in. Edited by karena1