Last MDR seating time for anytime?

pmd98052

Question on this - Say you want to have dinner in the MDR as late as possible. If the dinning room officially closes at say 10pm does that mean the last effective time you can be seated is around 8.30 or 9pm?

Or do they still seat people at 10pm and then the dinning room closes when those 10pm customers finish?

Thanks!

Question on this - Say you want to have dinner in the MDR as late as possible. If the dinning room officially closes at say 10pm does that mean the last effective time you can be seated is around 8.30 or 9pm?

Or do they still seat people at 10pm and then the dinning room closes when those 10pm customers finish?

Thanks!

No. You cannot be seated at 10:00, which is what a group of South American travellers wanted to do on one of our past cruises. I believe that 9:00 is the latest.

We experienced no problem at all arriving several evenings for dinner at 9:15 or even a little later on the Golden Princess in January. We were always greeted pleasantly, seated immediately, and served at a pace we found comfortable. The food never seemed to have suffered from "standing," and only once were they out of something we wanted to order.

On the Crown at Christmas, we were still in the dinning room at 9:30 eating dessert and i joked to waiter about staying at our table so they wouldn't seat anyone else in his section and he said if people come in before 10, they will still serve them. He said not many usually come that late.

No. You cannot be seated at 10:00, which is what a group of South American travellers wanted to do on one of our past cruises. I believe that 9:00 is the latest.
I agree, even if they greet you graciously and seat you. Just because they do that doesn't mean it isn't putting stress on them to serve you and present edible food.

Archived