Shaphire beach snorkeling?

jsf

You can snorkel to the left in the grassy area and maybe see some rays and turtles. To the right is the coral area. Best snorkeling is out near the point about 100 ft from the beach. There isn't much current so it's easy. You can rent chairs. There is shade under the trees. There are bathrooms- not the best, but usable

• 4 weeks later...
My snorkeling (and other) pictures from Sapphire when we were there: http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Vacation/5th-day-St-Thomas/13875332_gPNF6q#!i=1017703050&k=nhpoV

:) Beautiful beach and awesome place to snorkel.

wow thanks for sharing! trying to decide where to go for some snorkeling on my own, this looks like a good place. Were these pictures take close to shore or did you have to swim really far into deep water? I only have a mask and snorkle so dont want to go too far. thanks so much for sharing

Sapphire is a perfect beach day for us. We can't wait to go again.:) You are surrounded by hoards of colorful fish in knee deep water, perfect for children and weak swimmers. Stronger swimmers who are more comfortable in deeper water will find great snorkeling at the point on the far right side of the beach as you face the water.

• 2 weeks later...
wow thanks for sharing! trying to decide where to go for some snorkeling on my own, this looks like a good place. Were these pictures take close to shore or did you have to swim really far into deep water? I only have a mask and snorkle so dont want to go too far. thanks so much for sharing

When walking onto the beach on the right side where all the rocks/coral start, you can go REALLY far out and it's still fairly shallow water from you and the rocks under you. There is a lot of area to cover around there. :)

Archived