Carnival Corporation stock

oratheeexplorer

Hello everyone.....I have been reading a lot about the Carnival Corportation stock.....just have a few questions.....

There have been comments on here about getting $250 plus $100 on your first cruist.....is the $250 a bonus for your first cruise or is this from someone having Military status or something else?

If and when there are dividends, do you reinvest the dividends? How does this work with filing income tax....do you have to claim the dividends?

Right now the shares are $30.97 each.....this looks likes a pretty good price, as they have been as high as $46 in the past year.....any comments?

Thanks for any information you can give me.....

With the shareholder ONC, there is no special bonus for the first cruises. The OBC is $50 for cruises 6 days and shorter, $100 for 7 to 13 day cruises and $250 for 14 or more. It is the same amount as the military OBC. They are combinable.

Dividends are paid quarterly at 25 cents per share. I believe you must buy it today to get the dividend for this quarter. It will be paid on Mar 15

Dividends are taxable for US income tax.

With the shareholder ONC, there is no special bonus for the first cruises. The OBC is $50 for cruises 6 days and shorter, $100 for 7 to 13 day cruises and $250 for 14 or more. It is the same amount as the military OBC. They are combinable.

Dividends are paid quarterly at 25 cents per share. I believe you must buy it today to get the dividend for this quarter. It will be paid on Mar 15

Dividends are taxable for US income tax.

That pretty much sums it up. Here's a link to the information about applying for the OBC. You must reapply for each Princess cruise. Princess does not retain this information nor does it automatically give you the credit on future cruises. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Thank you both for your quick replies......I have been on the Carnival Corporation website checking it out.....today seems like a strange time for the ending of a quarter.....is there a place where I can verify this? (not that I don't believe you, just want to make sure).....also, our cruise is not until August 4th, so from what I have read, there is not guarantee we would get the OBC, there is a specific date where the board votes whether or not to continue this benefit......but I read that they've done this for 13 years.....

They pretty much renew it every year. If they didn't, a whole lot of Carnival stock owners would be very upset and possibly even dump the stock. Don't think they want that to happen. :) They should announce soon that it's been renewed. Just make sure you send in your request at least 14 days prior to sailing, preferably a lot sooner than that.

This is not the last day of the quarter, I believe that is next Wednesday, February 29.

Tomorrow is what is known as the x-dividend date. People who own the stock at the close of trading will get the dividend. Those who buy it tomorrow will not. The dividend will be paid on March 15.

Yes, there is no guarentee that the program will be continued, but it has for 13 years. No company would guarentee that a program like this would run forever.

You may also purchase CCL stock and place it in an IRA .

Still reap the OBC benefit but not have to pay taxs until you take a distribution. Plus an IRA contribution lowers your taxable income a wee bit

in the year it is purchased.

If you have a deductible IRA and are qualified to put in new money

There are a number of Online brokers that will charge in the $5 to $10 range. I use Etrade. If BIL is cable to help you thru the process, you may want to use one he is familiar with.

My BIL uses Etrade as well.....he also said Fidelity and Ameritrade are good companies. He lives almost 2 hours away from us. I will see what my husband says tonight and maybe we'll be doing this tonight online.....thanks for the help!

My BIL uses Etrade as well.....he also said Fidelity and Ameritrade are good companies. He lives almost 2 hours away from us. I will see what my husband says tonight and maybe we'll be doing this tonight online.....thanks for the help!

I don't mean to make it sound difficult, it is not. I just figured it is always nice to have someone who knows what he is doing helping the first time.

I don't mean to make it sound difficult, it is not. I just figured it is always nice to have someone who knows what he is doing helping the first time.

To avoid disappointment, you must request the credit for each cruise.

Include your name, sailing date, ship name, booking number and proof of ownership. Ask for a confirmation by email to make sure it has arrived and been accepted.

Email address: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Shareholder Fax: (661)753-0151

I always email the request with the proof of ownership attached. I download it from the broker website. You can also scan it if you have a paper document.

This link will take you to the Carnival Corp. site to see the plan description.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9ODQyMTd8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

To avoid disappointment, you must request the credit for each cruise.

Include your name, sailing date, ship name, booking number and proof of ownership. Ask for a confirmation by email to make sure it has arrived and been accepted.

Email address: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Shareholder Fax: (661)753-0151

I always email the request with the proof of ownership attached. I download it from the broker website. You can also scan it if you have a paper document.

This link will take you to the Carnival Corp. site to see the plan description.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9ODQyMTd8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Thanks so much for all of the valuable information! My husband is talking about maybe doing this through his IRA......so we probably won't be doing this tonight....but I will print this info out so I have it on hand....thanks again!

Archived