Time management!

kluellen

We definitely want to do the stingrays, but we want to go to the beach too. I'm thinking Seven Mile over Rum Point because I really want soft, white sand. Am I right about that? So if I do a sting ray tour and they drop us off at Seven Mile beach, how long should we leave before our cruise ship sails? I sure don't want to miss the boat!

Thanks

If you want that stereotypical long stretch of soft white sand, then SMB is going to fit your vision better. Rum Point has smaller areas of sand and can have lots of pine needles and stuff on the beach from all the trees.

SMB is only about 15 minutes from the port, but traffic can be bad headed back to the ships in the afternoon, so leave plenty of time before the last tender.

If you want that stereotypical long stretch of soft white sand, then SMB is going to fit your vision better. Rum Point has smaller areas of sand and can have lots of pine needles and stuff on the beach from all the trees.

SMB is only about 15 minutes from the port, but traffic can be bad headed back to the ships in the afternoon, so leave plenty of time before the last tender.

LOL yeah but that was my question :). What is "plenty of time"? I've never been to Grand Cayman. And does the ship tell you when the last tender is? All I have is the itinerary that says we are in port from 8-4.

Thanks for the input on the beach too . . . that's what I was gathering from my research.

LOL yeah but that was my question :). What is "plenty of time"? I've never been to Grand Cayman. And does the ship tell you when the last tender is? All I have is the itinerary that says we are in port from 8-4.

They'll tell you when the last tender is...usually an hour or so before departure.

"Plenty of time" is a vague concept because it differs so much from person to person. My DH thinks plenty of time is an extra 15 minutes or so, whereas I prefer leaving an hour before the last tender just to make sure I make it. ;) It also depends on if you're the only ship in port or not. If there's six ships in, traffic will be much slower/busier than if there's only one, so you'll need to leave more time in that case.

Traffic CAN be awful headed back to the ship....only 1 road! Allow about 45 mins, even tho you could probably walk it in that time!!!! You'll be able to see the traffic....the road is right beside the beach..so keep an eye on how it's moving.

Yes...you will be told what time the last tender leaves.

Archived