****Finally! A CC Celebrity Group Cruise in 2006!

Host Caroline

For those of you who love love Celebrity Cruises, stay tuned!!!

And if you've never sailed Celebrity, now is your chance to sail roundtrip from Florida for 9 nights AND experience being "treated famously" onboard the popular Celebrity Century!:) This ship is going into drydock for some major "cosmetic surgery" just prior to our group sailing so we will be among the the first to see her new look!

Information and pricing on the CC Group Cruise on Century's new 9-night cruise itinerary from Fort Lauderdale will be announced soon as will the exact date -- in late February or March 2006....

Host Caroline

Lois - Middle of February would be perfect for me. I've got the Opera mid January and Summit late March so that would fit right in.

I'm going to rehab every day. It's still going to be a few weeks before I'm able to walk on it, but my therapist says I'm doing well. Lots of swelling after rehab, but I'm told that's to be expected. Just being out of that cast is wonderful. I get a little impatient, I'm ready to be more mobile, but I'm doing what they say.

Terri

Terri:) great talking to you on the phone! I am glad you are following Dr's Orders!

That will be the quickest way to healing I am sure!

Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see about this "GROUP CRUISE"!

Hello Carolyn,

well since you said 9 nights i know that it wont be the one that David and I are on .. we have the Century February 27th.. thats the 10 night Ultimate Carribean thing.

If I could I would like to know what kind of cosmetic surgery are they planning? we have a sky suite on the sports deck.

joey

OMGosh! Apparently I am losing my mind today, as I read the "cosmetic surgery" line in the above post and thought "Wow, they really can do everything on those ships can't they", imagining some sort of cosmetic surgery group cruise!

Hello Carolyn,

well since you said 9 nights i know that it wont be the one that David and I are on .. we have the Century February 27th.. thats the 10 night Ultimate Carribean thing.

If I could I would like to know what kind of cosmetic surgery are they planning? we have a sky suite on the sports deck.

joey

You know it "could" be Feb 27... I said "9 nights" because there are 3 of the 9-nighters right after drydock between Mid-February and late March but I really didn't specify a date...

I know adding balconies on decks 9 & 10 I believe .. so far nothing definite that I've seen (but I also haven't read all the posts -- you guys seem to know things before Celebrity does sometimes!);)

That would be South Carolina. Charleston, West Virginia is a lovely city - but they lack a beach!

the do have the Kanawha River and a sternwheel RegataLOL.. but i know what you mean.. South Carolinia is a wonder state love my times in Columbia, Mt Pleasant, and Charleston of course in my youth.:)

joey:)

I actually thought of the Kanawha River after I posted!

Truth be told, I live in Mount Pleasant - but 'Charleston' seems easier to understand.

I'm looking forward to the possibilty of a gathering next February. It would be fun to congregate and tell stories to one another!

The date is March 18, 2006, a Saturday, sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale with 2 days at sea, then calling at St Maarten, Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua with 2 days at sea on the other end.

Pricing is being finalized.. I can tell you that there should be a $25pp deposit for some cabin categories through about mid-May.

One benefit to March: this year in early February the group cruise I was on was a ship of sneezes... everyone I sailed with ended up with nasty cold, bronchitis etc. so I for one am kind of glad this sailing is closer to spring! But...I did not ask LauraS to get info for a specific date, just from end of drydock in February through March.

Don't you want to be one of the first to sail when the Century "debuts" next year following her refurbishment????:)

Hi Caroline:) March 18th? That is my birthday:D

Question for you please. Do you know if solo cruisers get a price break on these group cruises?

Thanks.

I think this cruise sounds wonderful! I think the Century is definitely one of my favorite Celebrity ships. Keep us posted on prices. I may see if my friends Nancy and Kathy fellow cruise critics might also want to join.

Walter

The date is March 18, 2006, a Saturday, sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale with 2 days at sea, then calling at St Maarten, Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua with 2 days at sea on the other end.

Pricing is being finalized.. I can tell you that there should be a $25pp deposit for some cabin categories through about mid-May.

One benefit to March: this year in early February the group cruise I was on was a ship of sneezes... everyone I sailed with ended up with nasty cold, bronchitis etc. so I for one am kind of glad this sailing is closer to spring! But...I did not ask LauraS to get info for a specific date, just from end of drydock in February through March.

Don't you want to be one of the first to sail when the Century "debuts" next year following her refurbishment????:)

YES!!!love the Century,,,met our great friends from Colorado on that ship four years ago and we have sailed with them ever since,,,,will keep my eye on this post,,,also love the iternary:cool:

Archived