****Finally! A CC Celebrity Group Cruise in 2006!

Host Caroline

We should have the group page up this week.. I can tell you that there will be a low initial deposit for this cruise:) Everything is being finalized... and I have the rates but just not the "official" okay to post them!

And, yes, this is defiinitely an awesome itinerary:

Sat. March 18 - Depart Fort Lauderdale

Sunday/Monday - Two days at sea!

Tuesday - St Maarten (7am-5pm)... Welcome spring in the islands!

Wednesday - St Lucia (9am-5pm)

Thursday - Barbados (7am-5pm)

Friday - Antigua (10am-5pm)

Saturday/Sunday - Two more days at sea!

Mon., March 27 - Au Revoir (until next time)

These islands have some of the most beautiful beaches, best golfing and most scenic nature trails and overlooks in the Caribbean not to mention the history associated with Antigua and Barbados and (of course)... shopping..

(just a sneak peak)

Barbados' south shore...

bcwrthg.jpg

I love the Century, in part because I'm not overly fond of the mega-liners and Century is one of the semi-classic liners left, with all the attendant service, amenities and classic ambiance -- not to mention the excellent dining! And we will be among the first to see the hopefully not-too-extreme Ship Makeover that will take place aboard Century in January-February '06. Awaiting details from the cruise line on this will only add to the pre-cruise anticipation...

And I see we already (hopefully) have a birthday to celebrate first day out:)

My only question is why did we wait so long to have a CC group on Celebrity?:confused: :confused:

Caroline

Caroline:) one question please. Do you know if solo cruisers will get a break on price?

Not sure if you saw where I had previously asked you that on an earlier post.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry, didn't see the question re pricing and I'm not sure re solo.. the rates should be firmed up in the next day or so. My guess is that it will be the regular Celebrity single supplement as the ship is just coming out of drydock and the rates across the board on numerous sites are above what they have been .. and it's a longer cruise (although that should not make a difference for singles)

I'm single as well but don't cruise solo becuase I prefer to go 3 times a year instead of 2 and cabinmate and I can "do our own thing" -- but I know a lot of you look for the good solo rates.. so we will keep our fingers crossed!

Caroline, both times I was supposed to share a cabin both cruises had to be cancelled. I think it is meant to be for me to sail solo;) but for a 9 night cruise not sure I will be able to afford it.:eek:

Oh I was very lucky in 2004. Sailed 4 times solo:D I have now gotten spoiled. This year so far I have cruised once (last month).

Caroline, any news today?:D

Sort of.. the TA and the boss are finalizing things.. and there will be a $25 pp deposit for approx the first two-week booking period:D which is IMHO just "perfect".. heck, that's just lunch out 3 days! or dinner (cheap) and an early movie!

I also already have this cruise booked - if we can become part of the group, do we lose our onboard credit? Also, I wonder how do you book a cabin with a balcony when they haven't added them yet? (we have seen ships leave drydock without everything that was rumored to be added, so is booking a balcony cabin an option at this point?)

Good morning:)

Caroline, that 25.00 deposit is easy enough:D . Waiting for those prices now (trying to be a good little patient cruiser;) )

I will be curious to see the rates. Celebrity has been strict about pricing, so I'll be pleasantly pleased to see much lower rates than those on the Celebrity web site. Nothing unusual about the $25.00 deposit, that's standard for a group. In the past, the $25 deposit wouldl not guarantee a specific cabin. A $500 deposit was required to secure a specific cabin. Of course that was last year, and policy may have changed. We didn't get a huge discount for a group on the Millennium, but I'll get my fingers crossed for the Century.

Mari

Very interesting! Mom & I just got back from the Horizon, and have been thinking about doing Zenith to Bermuda next year...but if there's special prices and perks for doing this one I'd love to. I really like Century a lot, and the itinerary is great.

According to the new rules we received from Celebrity, if you booked originally as an FIT (individual) and received onboard credit or whatever in conjunction with your booking, if you have your booking pulled into groups, you lose your credit or whatever perks you received.

As to whether there will be any rate advantage...... probably not. I just opened a new group for 06.... and the rates were the same. The only difference were the amenities (cocktail party with so many people... onboard credit..... depends on how many people).. and how many gap points there are on the sailing.

Very interested...always wondered why there were no Celebrity CC group cruises. AND it sails 2 days after our 45th anniversary AND from the city where my sister and her family live. Must be meant to be... Waiting for the rates.

Very interested...always wondered why there were no Celebrity CC group cruises. AND it sails 2 days after our 45th anniversary AND from the city where my sister and her family live. Must be meant to be... Waiting for the rates.

Sounds like this was mean to be for you! I'm a Carolina alum who doesn't get back to the Hill often enough and living close by as well..

Brig: I'm not sure I have enough clout to get them to divert to St Thomas... but you can always go to St Thomas on another cruise! If you come I'll bring all my Rod CD's and two personal CD players:D

I emailed Laura again today.. I know the rates (or what they were supposed to be) but I can't post anything w/out permission.... :( as you'all know..

Caroline,

You must get to the Hill soon....after the championship game, it's been bedlam here. I taught at UNC before retirement and both of my kids are alums, so we're BIGGGGG Tarheel fans with season tickets to BB games.

Will keep watching for the rates...thanks for keeping us posted.

I will put a sticky at the top of this board later but I wanted to give all of you a link to the group page for pricing etc.! Certain categories will qualify for just a $25 deposit for the next two weeks... I'm at work now but will post a more detailed summary here on the boards later!!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=75

Archived