Celebrity does care after your cruise.

Harborgirl246

I just got a call from Celebrity about our Jan. 29th cruise on the Solstice in reference to our comments on the questionairre.

The gentleman, who called himself HB, followed up on all our comments and truly listened to our concerns, especially about the disatrous self embarkation and asked me for any additional comments or suggestions that we had.

This was the first time we have been called, after 12 Celebrity cruises, and we were glad to have a live sounding board.

This was a 20 minute call and we appreciate their concern.

Glad to hear it. I was on the Jan 22 cruise and the disembarkation was a disaster too. Of course my comment card was already turned in, we were going to write a letter but never did get around to it.

Can you define 'disaster'? Going on that cruise next week and want to be prepared. thanks!

That's good to hear. My Dec/Jan holiday cruise on the Solstice wasn't a disaster. But, overall the service certainly was less than good, major food issues, and the ship was dirty.

I sent them a survey. They sent a letter back stating.....to paraphrase...."too bad, so sad for you."

They sent another survey asking me if I was pleased with their response. I wrote back...."not really".

Haven't heard anything from them since. Guess they didn't like my answers.

I just got a call from Celebrity about our Jan. 29th cruise on the Solstice in reference to our comments on the questionairre.

The gentleman, who called himself HB, followed up on all our comments and truly listened to our concerns, especially about the disatrous self embarkation and asked me for any additional comments or suggestions that we had.

This was the first time we have been called, after 12 Celebrity cruises, and we were glad to have a live sounding board.

This was a 20 minute call and we appreciate their concern.

They really do care... It's nice to know those comment cards are read. We get a call after almost every cruise.

They called us too after our Eclipse cruise in January. We had a grat cruise overall and indicated as such. We filled out the comment card quite extentisively (with both great compliments and things that needed a little improvement). We found Celebrity to be receptive to constructive feedback - one of the reasons that our first X cruise will not be our last!

I am SOOOOO impressed with Celebrity's follow ups! I wrote out a lot of comment cards about the wonderful staff we encountered onboard. I also let them know about our crazy embarkation and the beach break in St. Kitts that we were were not the happiest with. I got two follow up questionnaire/comment emails, one just coming to me just this past Monday. We are totally sold on the Celebrity product, but I will certainly go back to recommendations on shore excursions here on CC and some of the other groups I frequent or just stay aboard the ship and I'm hoping that my cruise friends are right about Ft. Lauderdale being a little more organized with embarkation and debarkation.

The cruise was wonderful, not a "disaster" it was more a problem at the pier to go through customs. It took over two hours to get from stepping off the gangway to getting to FLL. We had even paid form the luggage valet but they still made us wait in line to go to the area to pick up liggage even though we didn't have any. There were only three and at one time four customs agents for the whole ship.

I posted a review and got an email from the Hotel Manager on the ship we'd sailed on. He thanked me for the honesty of my review. (It was mostly good, but I did point out some disappointments) I had mentioned my cabin attendant by name and he said he was going to let him know of my praise.

I am truly surprised at the power of reviews on Cruise Critic. Last July I posted one about a river cruise we took and the president of the company sent me flowers!

If you ask me, the way to get attention from cruise lines is to post a review on Cruise Critic :D

I posted a review and got an email from the Hotel Manager on the ship we'd sailed on. He thanked me for the honesty of my review. (It was mostly good, but I did point out some disappointments) I had mentioned my cabin attendant by name and he said he was going to let him know of my praise.

I am truly surprised at the power of reviews on Cruise Critic. Last July I posted one about a river cruise we took and the president of the company sent me flowers!

If you ask me, the way to get attention from cruise lines is to post a review on Cruise Critic :D

I wonder how they figure out who we are?

We fill out our review cards extensively, making sure to always mention crew members who went the extra mile. In twenty cruises, we have never, ever gotten a call back asking us about our comments. We have had a couple of post-cruise calls thanking us for our business - but this was via a voicemail message with no indication they would call back so we have never had the opportunity to talk with them in person post-cruise.

As to the comment about upgades, from what we have experienced (as in, no upgrades in 20 cruises) and what I have read on this board, true upgrades are very, very rare and seem to only happen to people who are new cruisers to Celebrity. Obviously they want to leave a good first impression and hope people come back. When reading about 'upgrades' on these boards, it is important to read the postings carefully to determine if there really was an upgrade, at least as I define it (meaning, for no extra money paid, someone in a specific booked cabin gets moved up into a better cabin). Most of the 'upgrades' mentioned seem to fall into one of two categories: 1) people who had a guarantee cabin at a certain level and end up with a higher one (to me this is not an upgrade per se as the guarantee is for that level of cabin, or above), and 2) people who were able to move up into a better cabin for some additional funding which might be less than the additional price they would have paid when they originally booked. There are occasional true upgrades one will read about, and they tend to usually, albeit not always, be people very new to Celebrity. The others are, I believe, rare circumstances where for some reason Celebrity really needs to use the cabin for someone else (maybe a group booking) and someone just gets lucky. Perhaps sometimes they might upgrade someone as well who is paying a very high, last minute full-price for a cabin. Oh well, maybe the upgrade fairy will visit me someday but until then I will just be very happy with the wonderful cruises I have:D

We were on the Constellation in February and got the Norovirus. On our last dnight, got a letter from the Hotel Director to sya we would receive compensation for the time we had been confined to our cabin.

Have now got vouchers towards another cruise with Celebrity.

This is without asking or complaining as we both had excellent service throught our cruise by all members of the staff, especially our cabin stewards and waitreses.

I wonder how they figure out who we are?

Well, let's look at what they know from our CC profile. For most of us, there is a photo that can easily be matched to their database of photos from the ships. You don't think all the photos Celebrity Security takes of us when we board just disappear, do you? The new face recognition software makes it easy.

They know where most of us live because we tell them in our profile. And they know what ships and sailing dates we have done because we tell them in our signature line.

Anyone can figure out who we are from all of this information.

Archived