Reidel glasses

Hi I know what Reidel glasses are and agree they make a great glass of wine out of this world. I have tried to get them on Allure, Oasis and Mariner. I finally was told they only use them if you order wine that costs more than $150 per bottle. We ordered a glass of Caymus Reserve at Vintages and had to beg for the Reidel glasses. We did not request them in the main dining room because it would have been such a big deal. They are so expensive and cannot stand up to the dishwashers abuse. I am thinking about taking my own -- if I can carry a hat, I can carry a wine glass box. My DH thinks I'm nuts about the hats and the wine glasses, but he loves my anyway.:D

Margee

Interestingly, my cat knocked a Riedel stemless wineglass into the empty bathtub this morning and there was not even a chip on it. Whereas I break the stemmed ones just looking at them!

Riedel actually makes a party tube of glasses made for traveling. I think 4 come in the set in their own convenient cardboard tube. They also have sets of 2 glasses in a smaller tube. My favorite are the stemless since they aren't as fragile (knock wood).

Hey thanks, fishfriendz. That is good info. I will look into it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

We have friends crazy for spending big bucks on Caymus - can't stop laughing. Do a web search, it's just a wine and like some other "cult" brands people are spending absurd amounts of money to pretend to be wine snobs. That vineyard (Caymus) has hit the jackpot, making any old wine and charging 10 times what others are. Now it's apparently spread to the GLASS making it taste better in order to charge more for that!:rolleyes: There's always a market for people wanting to throw their money around for nothing.

Have you been to Caymus? It is a beautiful winery. The wine maker and vinticulturist go all out to make a top notch wine. The property in that part of California is extremely expensive in that vineyard growing area. Soil and climate are perfect for it.

Jug wine grapes are grown and mass produced in Central California. Land and process

is cheap....to each their own.

Can't figure out why I can't buy a Mercedes with my Ford Fiesta pocket book either! :eek:

Archived