Kids camp & kids pool area

SUZIECRUISE

We have done the EPIC twice and my 5 year old daughter just LOVES the ship so much. My husband wants to try another ship but I'm afraid if we downsize to another ship the kids camp and pool will be a VERY BIG disappointment for her. Any input would be GREAT!! THANKS!

We have done the EPIC twice and my 5 year old daughter just LOVES the ship so much. My husband wants to try another ship but I'm afraid if we downsize to another ship the kids camp and pool will be a VERY BIG disappointment for her. Any input would be GREAT!! THANKS!

For that age the next best pools would be Star and Dawn then Spirit as they have their own kids pools in the back. If you go to ncl.com and look up those ships there are links off to the right that have pictures and some are 360 degrees to give an idea what they look like.

For that age the next best pools would be Star and Dawn then Spirit as they have their own kids pools in the back. If you go to ncl.com and look up those ships there are links off to the right that have pictures and some are 360 degrees to give an idea what they look like.

The back pool area on the Star and Dawn do look fun for little kids. We are thinking of a cruise on the Dawn, would a 10 year old be able to use that area, or would that be too old and he would need to stick to the regular pool?

The back pool area on the Star and Dawn do look fun for little kids. We are thinking of a cruise on the Dawn, would a 10 year old be able to use that area, or would that be too old and he would need to stick to the regular pool?

They certainly can use it but based on our kids they tend to the main pool at that age. It is a great area with a great view but not much else - bar or food - is too close. On the Spirit that stuff is close. The Dawn doesn't have a slide by the main pool like the Star.

My vote is for the Spirit. They have a really nice sized kids pool area done in a pirate theme on the back of the ship. There are 2 water slides, tunnels, the mushroom fountains, an alligator that sprays water out of his mouth, a part that you climb up in the "ship" and can control the water spraying out of the canon. My daughter loves it!

IMG4891-M.jpg

IMG4899-M.jpg

IMG4912-M.jpg

There is also a smaller pool for toddlers right beside it:

IMG4894-M.jpg

They also have a hot tub there for kids

IMG4927-M.jpg

As well as a play area:

IMG6016-M.jpg

Over all view:

3587525562_51603dbc7e.jpg

As for the kids camp...don't even get me started on that place. I could ramble on for hours about how WONDERFUL these people are. My daughter never wanted to leave this place. We basically had to drag her away. She begged from the time she got up to go there. The crew was MAGNIFICENT. There are activities planned every day with themes, making lots of things, face painting, story telling, movie time, PJ party, they even took them out to eat one night at the MDR all dressed up.

Also inside the kids camp, during open play time, they have the tunnels with the ball pit type playground. Yep, my daughter never wanted to leave! :D

Archived