Which airport in Barcelona does low cost carriers use?

World Gallery

We are on a low-cost carrier, Norwegian Air, going from Barcelona to Copenhagen in June. I just found out that there are 3 airports in Barcelona and that low cost carriers may not use the main one. I went back and check my tickets and their website and it doesn't state the name of the airport, just states "Barcelona". I am now wondering which airport but can't seem to find this out. Does anyone know?

There's actually only one airport in Barcelona, though I believe Ryanair may refer to Girona and/or Reus as being Barcelona. As far as I know, Norwegian goes to the main one (BCN).

You are correct. Norwegian uses BCN ( Barcelona, main ). Reus ( Tarragona province, south ) or Girona ( Girona province, north ) are about 1 hour by road away from Barcelona.

From what I'm seeing on mobissimo.com Iberia has a much cheaper flight BCN-CPN than Norweigian. It's nonstop and leaves BCN at 11:20AM.

Two issues....since the OP has already bought a ticket, how can you say there is a cheaper ticket? Do you know what they paid? Plus, there would be change fees to switch to IB.

Second, there is no "CPN"....perhaps you meant "CPH"

Thanks for the help. We did already buy the ticket and we chose Norwegian based on reviews about both airlines. I read way too many bad reviews about Iberia. Maybe it is fine but at the time I booked, the prices of both were only a few euros different, so I chose the one with the much better reviews.

Two issues....since the OP has already bought a ticket, how can you say there is a cheaper ticket? Do you know what they paid? Plus, there would be change fees to switch to IB.

Second, there is no "CPN"....perhaps you meant "CPH"

I think she was comparing the current prices between Iberia and Norweigain.

I think she was comparing the current prices between Iberia and Norweigain.

Which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's situation. Nor for anyone else, as they may be on different dates and with different details.

Which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's situation. Nor for anyone else, as they may be on different dates and with different details.

June this year, BCN to Copenhagen, you get an idea of the current costs. I think pcur was just doing a general comparison. Does that really bother you that much?

June this year, BCN to Copenhagen, you get an idea of the current costs. I think pcur was just doing a general comparison. Does that really bother you that much?

But it's completely meaningless. The only way it would have any relevance at all would be if someone, who had not already booked a ticket, was looking to book a ticket TODAY with the exact search parameters pcur used. The fact that one particular airline shows a cheaper ticket than another for one particular itinerary on one particular date does not in any way mean that airline is generally cheaper.

Archived