room service in penthouse

heidik

It MAY depend on which ship you are on!

When we were in PHs on the "R" ships (most recently Summer 2010) we could order omelets, etc., for breakfast. I wasn't aware that we could order dinners from the specialty restaurants. I later found out that we could have.

When we were in a Vista on Marina last October, we had a couple of dinners in our suite from Toscana and the GDR.

It appears that yes, you can order meals in if you are in a PH (on any of the ships) but I do have to say that from OUR perspective, it was far more comfortable doing so in the Vista on Marina because we had more space. The table in the PH on the "R" ships is a two-person size. In the Vista on Marina, it was 4-person size.

But we did enjoy the meals we ordered in ... it took a lot less time! And we didn't have to even dress "country club casual".

Breakfast is definitely do-able in a PH on any of the ships because you can have omelets, etc., which in lower suites technically you cannot ... unless they've changed the rules again!

If you've had a hard day touring and don't feel like going into a dining room, you CAN order dinner from any of the restaurants. And eat at your own schedule.

Mura

Exactly why we are traveling in the PH suite!! Cooked breakfast (we eat low carb so eggs are great) and meals in our room for when we just don't feel like dressing for dinner! Bliss... can't wait :)

My favorite thing to do after a long day..put on a movie DVD and have dinner course by course in our robes..we usually order from Polo my favorite restaurant...

Jancruz1

My favorite thing to do after a long day..put on a movie DVD and have dinner course by course in our robes..we usually order from Polo my favorite restaurant...

Jancruz1

Best thing we did one night was put on our PJ's, had a planned movie and ordered in from I think it was Toscana that night. We had our butler bring it all at once so that we would not be bothered during the movie, except for dessert. It was perfect. The movie ended the butler arrived to pick up or dishes, our room attendant arrived to turn down our bed/refreshen linens and leave chocolates and we then ordered our dessert..they left the room and I said to DH..darn I can do this everyday:D Haven't done it since:(

Don't mean to horn in on this thread, but several of you mention watching DVD's in your suites. Obviously, a DVD player must be in the PH, but is there a DVD library on board or did you bring your own from home?

Mom C

Don't mean to horn in on this thread, but several of you mention watching DVD's in your suites. Obviously, a DVD player must be in the PH, but is there a DVD library on board or did you bring your own from home?

Mom C

The cabins have a DVD with the TV or built into the TV

They have a DVD library at the reception desk over 700 titles (some newer movies)

You get a list in your cabin

Lyn

Archived