CB late arriving San Juan

DCCruiser57

Technical difficulties reduced the ship's speed overnight and we arrived 1.5 hours late this morning. Disembarkation is running at least an hour late. Interesting to note that this is the 4th incident attributed to technical difficulties over the past several weeks.

Technical difficulties reduced the ship's speed overnight and we arrived 1.5 hours late this morning. Disembarkation is running at least an hour late. Interesting to note that this is the 4th incident attributed to technical difficulties over the past several weeks.

I hope they get that sorted out. I will be sailing on her in April. It really does highlight the need to book a later flight post cruise, allowing for things like this.

Karen

I hope they get that sorted out. I will be sailing on her in April. It really does highlight the need to book a later flight post cruise, allowing for things like this.

Karen

This was the first late arrival. The others were late departures.

I know about a month ago they had "propulsion problems" on one sailing. They departed San Juan late and had late arrivals at both St. Maarten and St. Lucia. They seemed to have the issue taken care of after that.

We were on the Feb 12-19 sailing and we had no issues at all.

We had propulsion problems attempting to Leave San Juan at 11pm and didn't leave until 12:30 am. Was kind of a bummer because all the lights that usually light up El Morro were off and it looked like a ghost castle. I had a lot of family on that cruise that had never seen El Morro and they stil haven't.

Also we were late in leaving St Lucia due to the same problem.

We were on the February 5th CB sailing. We were late sailing due to a large number of late passengers. It was after midnight as we watched them arrive at the pier. I assumed they came in on a flight arranged through Princess.

The lights were off at El Moro, but it was still lovely sailing out. I think it was 1 AM by that time.

People put themselves in trouble by booking early flights - its not like it is the only flight out, we were told no flight out before noon when we booked our own airfare, we leave at 2:30 so hopefully there will be no issues in April.

People put themselves in trouble by booking early flights - its not like it is the only flight out, we were told no flight out before noon when we booked our own airfare, we leave at 2:30 so hopefully there will be no issues in April.

Nice avatar!

Karen

We were one of the 9:45 AM Delta departures, but it was not an issue. We did express walk off, and even with the late arrival into port, we were at the airport by 8, and did not run nor push or shove our way to do so. We had been onboard for weeks, and were probably the among the saddest to disembark, it was the perfect cruise despite a few little propulsion issues. None of them affected us, although they probably led to some tense moments for the staff! Great time as always on a ship...

Ours was a 1:35 pm Flight- all kinds of time-dont forget to take your bads through the Dept of Agriculture bfore going through security if you are going to the US

Hello all.

On board the CB now ( have been here since 2/19). Yes we were a tad late getting into San Juan because of a now corrected propulsion issue. The winds have been fierce this week but we have still made each port on time. Captain Craig Street seems very pleased with the CB's performance.

Hello all.

On board the CB now ( have been here since 2/19). Yes we were a tad late getting into San Juan because of a now corrected propulsion issue. The winds have been fierce this week but we have still made each port on time. Captain Craig Street seems very pleased with the CB's performance.

Thanks for the update, Sharon. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Chris

Hello all.

We were on CB Feb.12th voyage, absolutely loved it. Enjoy every moment of your cruise. Don't forget to try the sushi at Vines.

Hello all.

Please help me to understand. What ship is the CB?

Archived