CCL ships with infant (diaper) splash areas

sunquest76

I tried searching, but wasn't too successful. Does anyone know if any Carnival ships have splash areas or pools that are set up for swim diapers? I will not put my non-potty trained kids in the regular areas (as per the rules), but was wondering if the newer ships has anything. TIA!

Lots of folks simply bring the "duck tub"...a blow-up thing....small enough to use as a bathtub for the little one (since most aren't fond of showers, and that's what you'll have, most likely!), and can be used for the little one to splash on deck, without taking up lots of room! Use an ice bucket to put some water in it, and empty into a floor drain or shower drain.

Yes, on Carnival Freedom there is a children's pool on deck 12. It's actually just outside from where Camp Carnival is. I heard some other moms in Camp Carnival talking about how they were going to the pool, and one asked me if I had a spare swim diaper. When I asked the CC counselor about it, she said they're not supposed to use it but a lot of people do anyway and they don't do anything about it because it's the children's pool. The posted rules do state no diapers allowed.

they do have small "kids' pools outside CC..but it is against Health Rules for non Potty Trained children to be in the pools on Cruise ships...

on the Triumph last week there were still 2 that I saw in the Regular pools and hot tubs that in NO WAY were old enough to be potty trained... (NO Way)

but we followed the rules... we just brought our own privat pool for our "Traveling GingerBaby on the Go" ~ we put it to the side (out of the way of the walkway) near a drain..filled it up with 2-1/2 liters of water (from the sink) and then emptyed it into a nearby drain so it didnt get the walkway any wetter then it was from normal pool traffic. Worked great!

pool1.jpg.94c181000fd82c1b143707dbe4a3974a.jpg

pool2.jpg.bc088139349eb22afb331ed6fc7d51d4.jpg

CCL Legend has a tiny pool on the very top deck. It is a little circle type thing all by itself that is for kiddos that are not potty trained. They had it when we went in November 2010. Maybe it has changed.

its there, on several ships...but still is for potty trained only. Thats what the signs say anyway...

(from the FAQ on Carnival)

Use of the pools : Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers, in swimming diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools

Yes, on Carnival Freedom there is a children's pool on deck 12. It's actually just outside from where Camp Carnival is. I heard some other moms in Camp Carnival talking about how they were going to the pool, and one asked me if I had a spare swim diaper. When I asked the CC counselor about it, she said they're not supposed to use it but a lot of people do anyway and they don't do anything about it because it's the children's pool. The posted rules do state no diapers allowed.

Gross...

:rolleyes:

I had a discussion with my dad about this. He thought it was fine to allow the swim diaper kids in the pools, until I asked if he wanted to go for a swim after an adult had an "accident" in the water. I don't know if he'll ever go in another cruise ship pool!

I had a discussion with my dad about this. He thought it was fine to allow the swim diaper kids in the pools, until I asked if he wanted to go for a swim after an adult had an "accident" in the water. I don't know if he'll ever go in another cruise ship pool!

What exactly is different about cruise ship pools than a regular pool that bothers him? If anything, a cruise ship pool would theoretically be cleaner because diapered children are not allowed. I can take my diapered 2yo in our public city pool no questions asked.

What exactly is different about cruise ship pools than a regular pool that bothers him? If anything, a cruise ship pool would theoretically be cleaner because diapered children are not allowed. I can take my diapered 2yo in our public city pool no questions asked.

Same here... My mom lives in a condo complex and there is a pool, babies and toddlers are allowed if they are wearing a swim diaper or potty trained.

But I do see why cruise lines do not allow swim diaper children, if someone does get sick from ecoli or something, it poses a health risk for all passengers on the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chemicals. A land-based pool uses a LOT of chemicals aimed at killing ecoli. A ship that empties it's pool water into the ocean is not permitted to do this. Having said that, there have been a couple of incidents at water parks where children have become very ill and even one death (I think it was in Atlanta) from ecoli in the pool water.

A cruiseline that will not enforce the no diapers rule should be reported as they are putting other children at severe risk. They certainly wouldn't be getting my business.

Chemicals. A land-based pool uses a LOT of chemicals aimed at killing ecoli. A ship that empties it's pool water into the ocean is not permitted to do this. Having said that, there have been a couple of incidents at water parks where children have become very ill and even one death (I think it was in Atlanta) from ecoli in the pool water.

A cruiseline that will not enforce the no diapers rule should be reported as they are putting other children at severe risk. They certainly wouldn't be getting my business.

This is entirely true - Most cruise lines have salt water pools. When an accident does occur, the ship has to drain the water, staff have to thoroughly clean the pool empty and refill the pool back up. It's about a 4 hour process. A child vomited in the pool on our last cruise, which was also our last sea day & super hot out, let's just say that passengers were NOT thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived