? Grand turk

elou

Rent a golf cart! Just outside the entrance to the port, there's a local entrepreneur with quite the little herd of carts. We were there on a one-ship day, and his business was not booming. DH pulled out a $50 which was happily accepted instead of the list price of $80. It's a small island, you can get misplaced, but you cannot get lost. We had a wonderful time just out and about by ourselves. There's very little traffic, and apparently they all know about tourists and golf carts. The only thing we didn't do that I wish we had was to bring along a snack. We saw several places that would have been dandy for a little picnic.

Rent a golf cart! Just outside the entrance to the port, there's a local entrepreneur with quite the little herd of carts. We were there on a one-ship day, and his business was not booming. DH pulled out a $50 which was happily accepted instead of the list price of $80. It's a small island, you can get misplaced, but you cannot get lost. We had a wonderful time just out and about by ourselves. There's very little traffic, and apparently they all know about tourists and golf carts. The only thing we didn't do that I wish we had was to bring along a snack. We saw several places that would have been dandy for a little picnic.

I agree... this is a great was to enjoy the island... truth be told, there is very little to do there. The golf carts make it a lot of fun!

We paid $80, damn it!!!!:mad:

We also rented a golf cart from Nathan in grand Turk. We had a great time and I ditto to grab a snack. I would grab some of that great jerk chicken at jack's shack and head out. The lighthouse would make a great picnic spot.

If you don't want to venture far, hop over to Margaritaville and hang out for a while, since it's right at the port. Otherwise, I agree with the poster about staying on the ship while your fellow passengers are off. We did that last time, but on Half Moon Cay day, since we've been there many times. That was such a nice, quiet day on board. Whatever you decide, have fun!

Maxi

We just returned from there and I was not very impressed. Not saying I would exclude an itinerary that includes GT but if we went back I would probably stay on the ship. To me it is just like HMC.

It is a lot like HMC. I could do without seeing San Juan again myself. The sail in was beautiful but after that it was a let down.

Nice people in both places , Aruba and Grand Turk . A lot more to do in Aruba of course .

But Grand Turk is nice . Great beach and Margaritaville pool right by the ship. Great poolside cabanas for rent at the Margaritaville . A couple of great shack type bars and eating places up the beach a short way from the port.

We've been there a few times and have enjoyed snorkeling , mini-boats , and kayaking with a nature walk , very interesting . Got to eat some fresh conch right out of the water.

Some say it tastes like chicken , but it tastes like conch . Really not too bad , fresh and raw. There's a trick to getting it out of the shell.

We had fun last year renting carts from nathan and driving all over the island. Saw flamingos up close and personal and rode all the way out to the lighthouse and had a good cold beer when we got there.

If you've never had conch fritters, go to the north end of town where there are some multi-colored octagonal or hexagonal shaped vendor stands. Right across from them is a restaurant (no idea of the name) that made great conch fritters and had good cold beer (you can never stop at one.. either w/ the beer or the fritters)

Archived