2013 Cruise Brides

cascole

My wedding is in 13 days. Just three days ago the wedding planner called me and we went over the last details. All the paperwork I filled out and any last minute changes I wanted to make. I was going to stress out due to my ship is the Carnival Dream but figure it is out of my hands !!!

Whew, that is close! I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful wedding on a beautiful ship!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm cruising on the Sensation for my wedding in May.

I've contacted carnival about the change in rates and I am hoping that we will also get on board credit. How did you get yours?

Babydocpc

We have all our OBC from the price drops, just applied when necessary !

It is definitely worth it. We have two rooms and $1600, but between my wedding party of 25 (10 rooms) we have nearly $6000.

Wow, wish we could get OBC, but we are in a junior suite and those cabins have sold out. And actually we haven't even seen a price drop for other categories for our families either. Oh well.

Oh and I am 99.99% positive you should be able to use the OBC for the wedding pictures. They are coming from the ships photography area, just like any other picture onboard that you can purchase with OBC/S&S card.

I have got a lot of OBC for my very soon wedding cruise. I know this can be used towards anything on board, and just assume it can also go towards the wedding photographs. Any one have any previous knowledge of this? Thanks.

We used ES OBC for our pictures with no problem. It paid for most of the package, which was nice.

Wow, wish we could get OBC, but we are in a junior suite and those cabins have sold out. And actually we haven't even seen a price drop for other categories for our families either. Oh well.

Oh and I am 99.99% positive you should be able to use the OBC for the wedding pictures. They are coming from the ships photography area, just like any other picture onboard that you can purchase with OBC/S&S card.

Thanks, I'm glad to know some of the pics are now covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carolyn....just checking in to see how your coming with your wedding plans. I am getting really stressed all of a sudden! We are flying into Orlando the day before, which I'm not sure why I am now thinking about it :) - but I have to figure out how to get from Airport to the hotel, which will most likely be by the port (hour away) but Carnival charges $70 r/t per person- ugggghhh - we have 6 of us (our guests haven't booked their flights yet)! So, I have read other posts about renting a car for a day - which I'm sure will be much cheaper... I think I just over analyze everything...

I still haven't decided about DJ or piano or what to do about that....

So, how is it going with you?

Deb

Hi Carolyn....just checking in to see how your coming with your wedding plans. I am getting really stressed all of a sudden! We are flying into Orlando the day before, which I'm not sure why I am now thinking about it :) - but I have to figure out how to get from Airport to the hotel, which will most likely be by the port (hour away) but Carnival charges $70 r/t per person- ugggghhh - we have 6 of us (our guests haven't booked their flights yet)! So, I have read other posts about renting a car for a day - which I'm sure will be much cheaper... I think I just over analyze everything...

Deb

Have you looked at whether the hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport? Or maybe booking your own? I know Supershuttle can transport your group of 6 all in one vehicle (not shared). If you Google Supershuttle discount codes, there's one for Qwest that might work for you and give you the private shuttle for your family at the price Carnival wants for just one of you possibly. Just a thought.

Have you looked at whether the hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport? Or maybe booking your own? I know Supershuttle can transport your group of 6 all in one vehicle (not shared). If you Google Supershuttle discount codes, there's one for Qwest that might work for you and give you the private shuttle for your family at the price Carnival wants for just one of you possibly. Just a thought.

Thank so much! I will look into that!

Deb

Hello Bella,

I have booked a shuttle which is a great price. The company name is travelynx

Thanks

Megan

Hi ladies!

I will be getting married on the Carnival Dream on June 1st! I was told by the wedding people at Carnival that there are two other couples getting married on the Dream that same day. I wonder if the other brides are on this message board???

I got engaged on a cruise last year and I can hardly believe how quickly time has gone by! I have 56 days to go.

I am pretty much ready to go. Reading the reviews and getting other cruise bride's tips has been a God sent.

Well, I wish all of you an ocean of happiness and happy planning!

Deb

Hi Deb,

The plans are coming along. Just received the invitations...and the RSVP cards were printed on the wrong paper, which threw off the colors. SO, am ordering those again. The company has been good and I think they are going to credit the money, so I can just reorder them and not return the incorrect cards. I can't believe I am at this step already!

We did decide to pay the $75 and go with the DJ. I just wanted someone to take care of the music and announcements and such. I guess $75 in the scheme of things isn't too bad... but now to think about gratuities! :confused:

Ugh- I hear you on stressing about the logistics. We live within 2 hours of the port so we are driving in on the day of. However, that leaves me to stress about time to do hairdo's and things like who is driving, etc. I completely understand about those "little" details that are actually soooo big.

Still need to decided on clothing for fiance and boys and get all those things and hope they don't grow out of it beforehand! :eek:

Hopefully things will go smoothly for you. Let me know if you get any further with the plans!

Carolyn :)

Ugh- I hear you on stressing about the logistics. We live within 2 hours of the port so we are driving in on the day of. However, that leaves me to stress about time to do hairdo's and things like who is driving, etc. I completely understand about those "little" details that are actually soooo big.

Still need to decided on clothing for fiance and boys and get all those things and hope they don't grow out of it beforehand! :eek:

Hopefully things will go smoothly for you. Let me know if you get any further with the plans!

Carolyn :)

Carolyn,

don't stress... after it's planned and everything... just remember to relax. If you want... there are some wonderful books that also include info on what to pay and what percentage to whom... Just put the name on an envelope, put the check/ money in... and relax... as much as possible...

Also... Had a 10 and 12/13 as my best men (my step sons)... talk about growing out of clothing... we ordered everything loose fit, and everything a size bigger... also you can always get something larger so worst case it looks a bit baggy... and will also be more comfortable...

Biggest thing- take a breath, relax, and enjoy the day that you have waited for. I know that it was the best day that I have ever had. Although I can look back and say- I wish... I am glad I was so happy and RELAXED on the day. Remember, you can't change things at the last minute, and if you do, they won't be how you planned them. It will be wonderful, no matter what. And those things that could be "wrong" will be funny stories and wonderful moments later. (It was soo windy, my mother went to pick something up before the wedding... and her skirt went over her head... Although no one got a photo...)

My Fellow 2013 Brides,

As a newly wed, January 8th, I wanted to comment- RELAX. :D

Enjoy the moments, the crazy times, the things that could go wrong... Everything happens, and you cannot be in control of it.

One thing I forgot, and I don't know if we think about the small thing that it could be... and big thing is it after.

Remember to make a list for the photographer... Pictures that are must haves... I didn't get a few... even if the photographer "took" them...

Pictures that I should have gotten:

Mother/ Father (@ in laws) and Bride/ Groom on their own (that was "taken" never seen), Few casual shots with kids, Fun shots (don't miss them), Bride with Bridesmaids, Groom with Bridesmaids, Bride with Groomsmen, Groom with Groomsman, Groomsman and Bridesmaids, Guests (especially important ones), and pictures of the site... maybe even without people.

Remember, there is always photos of the bride, the groom, the bride and groom, and the whole family... or parts of... But having a list, and an awesome photographer, it's amazing. Also, make sure there is always more than one shot of each... someone will be blinking or making a face...

I hope this helps make the day nicer, but also the memories of the day even better.

Good luck my fellow 2013 Brides!!

• 3 weeks later...

Deb

If I can infer correctly, you are sailing out of Port Canaveral. We used Cocoa Beach shuttle for our transportation. We booked directly with them, but our hotel also contracts to them as my MOH found out. For the way there and back it worked out to roughly 15-20 per person per way, depending on the size of the group traveling in. We all came in over two days so the shuttles were booked as people came in within 2 hours of each other. We had groups as big as 28 (on the way back), 12 (on the way there) to as small as 1. It ended up being much cheaper than the ship.

and most of all remember to BREATHE!

If I can infer correctly, you are sailing out of Port Canaveral. We used Cocoa Beach shuttle for our transportation. We booked directly with them, but our hotel also contracts to them as my MOH found out. For the way there and back it worked out to roughly 15-20 per person per way, depending on the size of the group traveling in. We all came in over two days so the shuttles were booked as people came in within 2 hours of each other. We had groups as big as 28 (on the way back), 12 (on the way there) to as small as 1. It ended up being much cheaper than the ship.

and most of all remember to BREATHE!

Thanks for the info Uvakat! We ended up booking with Travelynx as it was $280 roundtrip for 10 of us (so $28 per person roundtrip) - we thought that was quite the deal!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I came across your post about doing an Alaskan Wedding Cruise this month and wanted to see if you can let me know how it went! It's proven very difficult to find any reviews or information on Alaskan Wedding Cruises, they're all on tropical locations.

I hope to hear back from you!

BattershellBride2014

Congratulations on your recent wedding. I just wanted to ask you a little bit about the decorations and addition planning you did for your wedding. I am getting marry on the Carnival Victory in Oct. 2013 and just feel like there is planning to do that I am missing. I booked the Deluxe package as well but I am nervous about decorations, flowers, and music. Could you share your experience with us since it is fresh :-). Hope you had a magical day!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello brides :) I've been happily and eagerly posting on this forum for some time now, and I guess I should finally introduce myself.

I'm getting married aboard the Carnival Miracle in September. It's a 15 day cruise and we'll be getting married half way through in Hawaii on September 25th

I am so beyond excited. Thank you to everyone who posts, shares and helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies....I booked my wedding through Carnival Magic, June 5th, 2013 in Montego Bay, Jamaica and chose the Royal Decameron site for my wedding and honestly I couldn't have been happier with my choice! Keep in mind....I was a very laid back bride. I simply didn't worry about anything except for the few things I was asked to do. I just wanted to give some positive feedback on my experience. Our wedding photos turned out to be absolutely stunning! Happy Weddings!

Archived