2013 Cruise Brides

cascole

We haven't decided about music yet...like you we want to keep wedding within a budget. It's expensive enough to have all 6 of us cruising along with airfare :). Our parents are coming as well along with a couple friends but that will be about it for actual wedding (we live in upstate NY)

I have seen so many posts about favors, gift bags....etc. Are you doing any of that? I think the bags are such a cute idea but it can get costly I think - although we don't have many people coming...I guess something to think about. I feel that it is still so far away that I haven't made many plans.

I'm back! I was getting a bit depressed having to wait so darn long for our wedding. We booked our cruise February of 2012 for May of this year! We had TONS of time to wait. Plus I was still having issues getting my divorce final, even though we had been separated for NINE YEARS!

Now the divorce is final, our cruise is paid in full and I am just waiting for my dress to get here and a few last minute details. 98 days until we set sail and 100 days until the wedding and I am soooo excited!!

Ohh my gosh! Sounds like my story LOL took almost 9 years to get divorce finalized, my finace and I have now been together 11 years and figured we might as well make it legal lol. We are just the week before you on St Thomas, so looking forward to it, so are the kids :), few family all booked and coming along with a few friends, Need to get it in gear, time is whittling down quickly!!

Cruisebride...there must be quite a story there, but I hope that you are in such a wonderful place now that this wedding will be so very special.

Ohh my gosh! Sounds like my story LOL took almost 9 years to get divorce finalized, my finace and I have now been together 11 years and figured we might as well make it legal lol. We are just the week before you on St Thomas, so looking forward to it, so are the kids :), few family all booked and coming along with a few friends, Need to get it in gear, time is whittling down quickly!!

Thanks beach monkey!! Yes, we are so happy right now and even though the ex was never a good husband, he is an amazing Dad to my 12 y/o son with autism, so I can't complain that much. And due to my son's special needs, his dad is going to have him the week of the wedding cruise. We normally do a week at a time anyway, but this means A LOT. Hopefully we can continue to get along!!

jaxie - Yup, that definitely sounds familiar! My fiance and I have been planning the wedding for 2 yrs so we are SOOOO excited to have everything finally falling into place. I still can't believe I am in double digits!! :eek::eek:

We haven't decided about music yet...like you we want to keep wedding within a budget. It's expensive enough to have all 6 of us cruising along with airfare :). Our parents are coming as well along with a couple friends but that will be about it for actual wedding (we live in upstate NY)

I have seen so many posts about favors, gift bags....etc. Are you doing any of that? I think the bags are such a cute idea but it can get costly I think - although we don't have many people coming...I guess something to think about. I feel that it is still so far away that I haven't made many plans.

I am with you, Bella, on the budget. It was a huge deciding factor for us cruising out of Boston so we can drive there. We are having a big problem, however, keeping the non-sailing guest list small. It will basically be about $33 a person extra for each person over the limit of 20.

Probably no gift bags because it is really just our parents and children sailing and they won't mind. Favors are something I am still looking around for. My friend sent me a cute DIY salt dough ornament that we could stamp with our names and wedding date. I am leaning towards that. The biggest cost will be the stamp and the monogram if I have someone design it. Or there are cute anchor bottle openers I have seen.

Ugh! I am starting to feel a little stressed which is what I DID NOT want this time around. I guess I just need to take big breaths and remember that it will be great no matter what.

Keep me posted. I need to decide about the entertainment package!!! :o

~ Carolyn

Congratulations :)

We're doing the OOT bags, and your right, it can get costly, I see things and think ohh these would be great, but then multiply it by the number of items needed and it skyrockets lol , I've made some switch ups by now deciding to have "couples" and "singles" bags, it's cut it back some.

I agree with you on the expense and airfare, we're kinda neighbours since I'm in Ontario :)

Hi everyone!

I am also considering a cruise wedding but not sure whether to do this in the Med or the Caribbean. We live in the UK and it will be just us for the wedding... we don't seem to have much choice in the Med for April 2014 but there is the choice in the Caribbean, either sailing from New York or Miami so I am looking into the options.

:)

Hi everyone! I've been snooping through CC wedding boards for over a month now, and I'm so excited to have finally booked our cruise wedding. My fiancé and I met onboard the Carnival Splendor March, 2011, and he proposed during our Splendor cruise November, 2012. Now we are getting married in Long Beach on embarkation day, November 24, 2013 on the Carnival Miracle. We already have 16 rooms booked in our group, so most of our guests will be sailing with us!

I love reading about everyone's plans...it helps pass the time since I have 279 days to go...

Hi everyone! I've been snooping through CC wedding boards for over a month now, and I'm so excited to have finally booked our cruise wedding. My fiancé and I met onboard the Carnival Splendor March, 2011, and he proposed during our Splendor cruise November, 2012. Now we are getting married in Long Beach on embarkation day, November 24, 2013 on the Carnival Miracle. We already have 16 rooms booked in our group, so most of our guests will be sailing with us!

I love reading about everyone's plans...it helps pass the time since I have 279 days to go...

Congrats!! Time will pass super quick!! I had booked our wedding cruise around this time last year and now I am in double digits!! It seemed like the wedding would never get here and now I"m scrambling to get (and pay for) the last minute things I wanted!

So, since I haven't updated in a while, I right now have my dress ordered, my fiance's attire in hand (he is wearing a guayabera, khaki pants and a fedora), my purse, my shoes, my jewelry, cabin paid in full, paperwork and fee for our Cayman Islands marriage license submitted, most RSVPs in, and I started getting the supplies for our welcome aboard bags.

Just a few last minute details like finishing the welcome aboard bags, making the newsletter, and buying clothes for the actual cruise. My fiance and I have lost tons of weight this last year and have NO clothes to wear on the cruise. I'm going to go shopping for clothes 2 - 3 weeks before we leave.

Hope everyone's plans are coming along smoothly! :)

I am new to the site so I hope I am doing this right!

We are getting married on board the Carnival Magic ~ June 11, 2013 in Key West, FL. My parents are avid cruisers and suggested a wedding cruise. It's the first one for us.

I am in the beginning planning stages. I am trying to find out more about is there an onboard hair salon, what I can or need to take such as silk flowers for mom's, etc. So far the coordinators I am working with have been great.

If anyone has advice as to what to do or not to do as a cruise bride I would appreciate it.

We just booked our wedding cruise. Carnival Inspiration out of Long Beach. Excited and nervous at the same time. Planning on inviting about 125 guests. Worried too many will come or very few. What is everyone's experience with how many guests booked out of all invited? Did anyone have friends/coworkers/acquaintances that you didn't invite but because you have guests that told them about it, they booked the cruise too. Is it rude to not to invite them to the ceremony/reception?

Hi All! I loved the 2012 cruise bride forum, so thought I would start one for 2013! :)

I just got engaged on Valentines day & we are planning to get married aboard Carnival Inspiration on July 5 2013. We thought a cruise weekend would be a great way to keep it simpler, celebrate & have fun with family & friends before going off on our honeymoon! (though I'm starting to think it's not as simple as I first thought!)

I have lots of time to plan, which may or may not be a good thing since I tend to over analyze everything!

I'm just starting this process, so am very thankful for the wisdom & insight of this board!

Hi,

Thanks for this thread and for your information. Looks like I'm 20 days after you so I will be eager to read your review and anything else you share. Best wishes!

Everything is done except faxing the guest list and the last bit of paperwork. I live in Texas and the wedding is in Florida so I will be shipping the wedding favors to either the hotel or to a friend in Orlando.

I invited friends , family and coworkers. I only wanted 50 or less guest. I gave a year notice to about 44 people. Total invited turned out to be 53 people. Now that the wedding is almost here, I am having 36 confirm guest. Some coworkers that were not invited asked why they were not.... I just told everyone I wanted a small group. I could not invite everyone. We are doing the wedding/luncheon. Cruising with us is only 7 people besides us. I am getting so excited and Congrats to all 2013 brides!!

We just booked our wedding cruise. Carnival Inspiration out of Long Beach. Excited and nervous at the same time. Planning on inviting about 125 guests. Worried too many will come or very few. What is everyone's experience with how many guests booked out of all invited? Did anyone have friends/coworkers/acquaintances that you didn't invite but because you have guests that told them about it, they booked the cruise too. Is it rude to not to invite them to the ceremony/reception?

We are trying very hard to keep our guest list small so we can get married in the chapel and hold our reception in Sam's Piano Bar on board the Miracle. However, my fiancé and his father both work with numerous people that want to cruise with us. We let it be known from the beginning that our wedding would be small, but anyone who wanted to cruise with us could join our group booking. So far, we have 2 cabin booked with non-wedding guests. I've found that being honest has paid off well, keeping our guest list small. I just keep saying that "I wish I could invite everyone".

I will give my little wedding review. We originally were doing an embarkation wedding 2/3/13 in Galveston, but switched to cozumel in November. We booked independently.

Arrived in Galveston on 2/2 for Mardi Gras, stayed at Gaido's... Got my nails done at BonJour nails, ate at Casey's... Gaido's was clean and cheap- free breakfast and cruise parking, nails were great and Casey's was ok.. (Side note-someone in our party ate at the Gumbo Bar-said it was delicious).

Took a taxi to port about 10:30 on Sunday.. Cost $12 for two.

Carried my dress on in rolling suitcase.

Cruise was great. Ported in cozumel on Friday at 10...

Hair appt at 8 on the ship (don't recall stylist name) was a man... Medium hair, cost was $55 and took hour and 10 min. I hateddddddd it. Did not do what I wanted at all but didn't have time to fix it. Our party was meeting on deck 3 fwd at 9:30 so we could get off quick because wedding was at 11... We were about 20th in line and were actually cleared early so we were off a out 9:55. Got a taxi without any trouble. Hot married at Nachi Cocom beach club. Cannot give them enough praise. Price, food, drinks, cake, flowers, attention and coordinator was on point.

My friend got my flowers back on the ship. They were in a bag.

At debarkation I carried the flowers off and the customs official askede a few questions and let me keep the flowers.

Everything was pretty much perfect !!

Hello! Has anyone in this forum had Celebrity handle their wedding arrangements? We are on the May 11th sailing and are thinking about getting married either on the ship (5.11.13 sailing) OR just tie the knot in Florence, Italy prior to the cruise. It is just the two of us (and maybe our two friends who will join us). Anyone have anything to report? Ciao for now!

I suggest inviting everyone dont worry they all wont come :) We invited 200 guest and only have potential for 50 at the msot coming right now only 20 have booked :)

We (bridesmaides and I) are now planning our wedding shower which is so much fun because i kinda wanted to have a wedding at home so this is my chance to do something at home! We are planning to have the shower in a few months so just getting ideas and little things done now. We are having the shower a little early because i work full-time and going to school almost full-time so i am very busy!! in August i will be writing my thesis for my master so we cannot have the shower then so its at the end of june!!! WHoo WHoo coming up fast since its only 3 months :)

Hello! I'm getting married on the Carnival Imagination on July 5, 2013. Planning is going well. Excited now that time is ticking. Any Imagination brides before me, please feel free to give me tips!

Congratulations!! ...The time will fly by!!

Hi! New to this site and have just booked our wedding on Dec 16 on Carnival Ecstasy! I am soooo excited, but also stressed out because I am such a perfectionist and need to be in charge of every detail, which obviously isn't happening considering the Wedding department is "covering" everything. URGH!:eek:

Hi! New to this site and have just booked our wedding on Dec 16 on Carnival Ecstasy! I am soooo excited, but also stressed out because I am such a perfectionist and need to be in charge of every detail, which obviously isn't happening considering the Wedding department is "covering" everything. URGH!:eek:

My wedding is in 13 days. Just three days ago the wedding planner called me and we went over the last details. All the paperwork I filled out and any last minute changes I wanted to make. I was going to stress out due to my ship is the Carnival Dream but figure it is out of my hands !!!

Archived