2013 Cruise Brides

cascole

So I have been diligently working with groups to get the things that I need for our 2013 Celebrity wedding! I ordered my veil, sash, and dress already. I have been working to create the wedding of my dreams! With our 75 guests sailing with us, I have been working on group activities for the guests during the cruise. So far, things are coming along. I am happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 2013 wedding bride aboard Allure of the Seas. Booked last March, wedding in June, so excited. As far as photography, I understand the concern, so I have decided to have photos done at home on the beach and bay as before the wedding and then post wedding with the groom after we are home. That way, I will have all the different photos I want. Who, knows after the wedding, and looking at the photographers photos, I may like them enough, not to have the post photos in our hometown. But that is the idea I have. I have not booked a local photographer yet. You might look into what your local photographers would cost for something like that and see if that is in your wedding budget.

*warm and fuzzy feelings returning* That's great! How exciting! What do you have left to do - if anything?

The living room of Carnival_Brides house is full of suitcases and boxes! Everything is packed! Just waiting for morning to load the vehicles and head to Baltimore!

• 2 weeks later...

75 more days!! I have been wondering how to get my wedding favors to the ship. I am flyng in and was thinking on shipping the boxes to the hotel were we will be staying a couple of days before the wedding. I can not see myself checking the boxes onto the plane.

Other than that we are just waiting for all the RSVP's to come in.

Oh and to not gain any weight since the dress fits just right !! LOL

Just back from Carnival_Brides wedding on the Pride. Everyone from Carnival was amazing with helping with the wedding and reception. The photographer did a great job on the photos. We used some small details to personalize the ceremony and reception areas. A review of everything will be posted later this week.

Just back from Carnival_Brides wedding on the Pride. Everyone from Carnival was amazing with helping with the wedding and reception. The photographer did a great job on the photos. We used some small details to personalize the ceremony and reception areas. A review of everything will be posted later this week.

Glad to hear everything went well!! Thats awesome!!

We are two weeks away!!! I have still not received my "final call" but I have gotten an email stating they would be calling me this week to go over all of the final details. Starting to stress out about getting all of the wedding stuff down to Port Canaveral, thank god we are driving but still nervous about everything fitting in the car lol. Have to go get my wedding dress pressed this week and hope it makes it down to the ship wrinkle free :) Gonna start packing everything this week, can't believe how quick the time is flying especially how we booked this wedding in Dec 2011!!

So we are now married... got married in St. Thomas on January 8th! It was beautiful!! Just wanted to let the other Carnival brides for the Caribbean cruises know what the bouquet looked like... at least the one I got... And to let you know that it's amazing!

Also- suziecruise68- the process was amazing- the application is easy to fill out (I did mine in Australia and sent it to them) and then the day of, you just go (with or before/ after) hubby to be, and you just sign everything in the court house (they have a registration book) and a few other things, you also swear that everything is correct, and then they can give you copies for the person performing the ceremony, and they take everything and deal with it all, including sending you the true copies to your address. It's great! And SO easy!

BUT I WANT TO WARN ALL BRIDES- when you are getting married, please remember to get a list (or even just guarantee) that certain photos are taken. Our photographer on the ship was AMAZING, but the one AT the ceremony, didn't take enough photos, and didn't take all decent ones. Thank goodness for photo shop! Things like a photo with my Mom, didn't happen... even though I am sure I posed for it...

As for the good thing: PHOTO of the flowers (and our rings) and Us on the beach!

1563678455_hubbyandI.jpg.f4dd430bf9eef2e619b586701af42252.jpg

flowers.jpg.603149397afcb9baec1049fd30e62169.jpg

We are two weeks away!!! I have still not received my "final call" but I have gotten an email stating they would be calling me this week to go over all of the final details. Starting to stress out about getting all of the wedding stuff down to Port Canaveral, thank god we are driving but still nervous about everything fitting in the car lol. Have to go get my wedding dress pressed this week and hope it makes it down to the ship wrinkle free :) Gonna start packing everything this week, can't believe how quick the time is flying especially how we booked this wedding in Dec 2011!!

Can you tell me if you are have a dinner the night before and where is it? Thanks!

I am looking forward to hearing about your Dream Wedding. We are getting married on the Dream 7/13/13 and chose the luncheon option also. :D

Catherine

75 more days!! I have been wondering how to get my wedding favors to the ship. I am flyng in and was thinking on shipping the boxes to the hotel were we will be staying a couple of days before the wedding. I can not see myself checking the boxes onto the plane.

Other than that we are just waiting for all the RSVP's to come in.

Oh and to not gain any weight since the dress fits just right !! LOL

Hi Fellow 2013 Brides,

I am so excited to be one of this year's brides. My fiancé and I have decided to get married on July 9th, embarkation day, on the Carnival Glory. It is a second marriage for both of us and our 4 children will be standing up with us.

All advice is appreciated. Specifically looking for ways to keep to the budget, but still have an amazing experience.

Congrats to you all!!!

~Carolyn

Hi Carolyn!

Your story sounds just like ours! So excited! 2nd marriage for both of us too and 4 kids standing up with us! Except we are getting married embarkation day on The Dream October 12, 2013!

We really haven't done anything except book wedding/cruise. Do you have other cruisers or doing anything extravagant Just very curious as to how you are planning your wedding.

Congratulations!

Deb

Hi Carolyn!

Your story sounds just like ours! So excited! 2nd marriage for both of us too and 4 kids standing up with us! Except we are getting married embarkation day on The Dream October 12, 2013!

We really haven't done anything except book wedding/cruise. Do you have other cruisers or doing anything extravagant Just very curious as to how you are planning your wedding.

Congratulations!

Deb

Hi Deb-

Congratulations!! It is nice to have someone else that is getting remarried. I want things to be so different this time and the budget is very important.

So far we have only booked the wedding/cruise. Both sets of our parents, our children and a couple friends are cruising with us. We will, however, have about 45 people joining us for the wedding/reception. I want this to be special, but low key...

Are you booking an entertainment package like the dj, piano bar, etc? I don't want to spend the $, but don't want a silent wedding.

We will have to keep each other updated. I am curious about yours and totally open to advice.

Thanks!

~Carolyn

Can you tell me if you are have a dinner the night before and where is it? Thanks!

We have made reservations at Kelsey's right next door to the Radisson in Cape Canaveral (the hotel we are staying at) Its an italian/pizza place. We didn't want anything too expensive as my fiances parents will be paying for dinner that night for our group of about 40. I'll let you know how it goes :)

So we are now married... got married in St. Thomas on January 8th! It was beautiful!! Just wanted to let the other Carnival brides for the Caribbean cruises know what the bouquet looked like... at least the one I got... And to let you know that it's amazing!

Also- suziecruise68- the process was amazing- the application is easy to fill out (I did mine in Australia and sent it to them) and then the day of, you just go (with or before/ after) hubby to be, and you just sign everything in the court house (they have a registration book) and a few other things, you also swear that everything is correct, and then they can give you copies for the person performing the ceremony, and they take everything and deal with it all, including sending you the true copies to your address. It's great! And SO easy!

BUT I WANT TO WARN ALL BRIDES- when you are getting married, please remember to get a list (or even just guarantee) that certain photos are taken. Our photographer on the ship was AMAZING, but the one AT the ceremony, didn't take enough photos, and didn't take all decent ones. Thank goodness for photo shop! Things like a photo with my Mom, didn't happen... even though I am sure I posed for it...

As for the good thing: PHOTO of the flowers (and our rings) and Us on the beach!

[ATTACH]258430[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]258431[/ATTACH]

Congratulations!! Beautiful pics!!

I'm back! I was getting a bit depressed having to wait so darn long for our wedding. We booked our cruise February of 2012 for May of this year! We had TONS of time to wait. Plus I was still having issues getting my divorce final, even though we had been separated for NINE YEARS!

Now the divorce is final, our cruise is paid in full and I am just waiting for my dress to get here and a few last minute details. 98 days until we set sail and 100 days until the wedding and I am soooo excited!!

[ATTACH]258430[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]258431[/ATTACH]

Congratulations! The pictures are beautiful.

I'm back! I was getting a bit depressed having to wait so darn long for our wedding. We booked our cruise February of 2012 for May of this year! We had TONS of time to wait. Plus I was still having issues getting my divorce final, even though we had been separated for NINE YEARS!

Now the divorce is final, our cruise is paid in full and I am just waiting for my dress to get here and a few last minute details. 98 days until we set sail and 100 days until the wedding and I am soooo excited!!

Cruisebride...there must be quite a story there, but I hope that you are in such a wonderful place now that this wedding will be so very special.

Archived