Pantyhose -Yes or No

SewMuch

I had to laugh at Boxermom73, saying panty hose remind her of her mom and grandmom. :) I must be old enough to be her mom (or grandmom) because I can remember when pantyhose CAME IN and what a relief it was not to have to wear stockings with clip on garters! I think I was in college at the time, and gladly made the switch since we were all already wearing tights a lot and it was a logical progression. Back then, we could get away with wearing knee socks with skirts, so for me stockings (and later pantyhose) were just for when we wore special occasion dresses, or maybe had to go to an interview in a suit. I think panty hose became worn more when skirts got shorter, i.e. above the knee rather than at the knee or below; I'm sure even back then people were choosing to go bare-legged, especially for non-dressy situations. I remember it took my mother a much longer time to switch to pantyhose than it did us "young folks," and I don't think my grandmother ever did. I also remember some older ladies using elastic garters to hold up their stockings, rather than the clip-on type; the advantage of that was that they could roll the stockings down below the knee to be comfortable, when they weren't out in public.

No Hose here either. I hate them!

Just look at some of those Hosts on the "Today" show aand they do not wear hose and they make lots and lots of money.

Just turn on your TV and see.

When I cruise, I make sure my legs tan ( if nothing else) so that they look just right for a summer dress and even my capris/shorts.

That's all......;)

You can also turn your TV on and see a lot of women who do..

No Hose here either. I hate them!

Just look at some of those Hosts on the "Today" show aand they do not wear hose and they make lots and lots of money.

Just turn on your TV and see.

When I cruise, I make sure my legs tan ( if nothing else) so that they look just right for a summer dress and even my capris/shorts.

That's all......;)

A God-given tan? Allrighty then.

Well I HATE hose!! I try to never wear them! I understand why some women wear them, but I have a natural god given tan :Dand I hate anything tight around my waist! To me they remind me of my mom and grandmom so I feel "old lady" when I have to wear them..but if you feel better with them, go for it ! Just please please no black hose with white shoes!!:eek:

It doesnt' have anything to do with it. My point is that there are a lot of women on TV who do make a lot of money and DO wear pantyhose. hose is a nonrespector of persons..LOL

Not sure what you were trying to drive at here.

I'm wondering what making lots and lots of money has to do with not wearing pantyhose?:confused: Money does not always equal taste or style.;)

It doesnt' have anything to do with it. My point is that there are a lot of women on TV who do make a lot of money and DO wear pantyhose. hose is a nonrespector of persons..LOL

Not sure what you were trying to drive at here.

Should have quoted who you quoted in addition to your reply.....was just adding to your point. My post was directed to the other person.

Sometimes things do get confusing.

:) no problem

Should have quoted who you quoted in addition to your reply.....was just adding to your point. My post was directed to the other person.

Sometimes things do get confusing.

Richard Simmons must be dancing with joy. He's been wearing pantyhose for years so now he can wear those made specifically for men.:) Wonder if they're constructed any differently with some extra room for......;) Next thing you know, someone will suggest shaving their legs.:p

I was viewing some photos of Hollywood celebrities and noticed that several of the women were not wearing hose. I just have to say that their feet looked ugly and or their legs had too many veins showing through to look attractive.

I know it is all objective but this is just my opinion.

I have to share a funny story. My friend recommended to me years ago to wear stayup stockings in the summer, instead of regular pantyhose, to help keep cool. I learned the very embarassing lesson that the sticky plastic that keeps stayups in place is no friend to sweat....as I was walking across a busy parking lot. I was trying to keep walking and casually reach down and keep my right stocking from puddling around my ankle. LOL!!!

I am pretty sure that was the last time I wore hose :D

Was at Joann Fabrics yesterday looking at the Vogue pattern book..OMG..the fashionistas will be beside themselves...LOTS of the models had on PEEP TOES and stockings/tights/pantyhose..seriously..LOL

Funny DBird, I had that mishap with a pair of VS lace-top self support stockings as well. I couldn't wait to get home. :o

Gathina, I was reading in the fab over fifty blog this morning where the experts were reviewing an outfit worn by someone on the street... yes they take our pictures and blog about them. Anyway one person suggested that the person should have worn a longer skirt or pants to cover what was not her best feature. I almost died.

For some reason my legs only look good to me in the summer without hosiery... I guess they've been touched by the sun with a little additional bronzing, but in the winter they are just too pale and I get cold too easily.

This thread is funny and I love it.

I noticed at Steinmart yesterday , a very thriving hose department. I saw some of the "toeless" ones and they looked so sheer I doubt anyone would notice you have them on and it would provide the "finished" look that some want.

Funny DBird, I had that mishap with a pair of VS lace-top self support stockings as well. I couldn't wait to get home. :o

Gathina, I was reading in the fab over fifty blog this morning where the experts were reviewing an outfit worn by someone on the street... yes they take our pictures and blog about them. Anyway one person suggested that the person should have worn a longer skirt or pants to cover what was not her best feature. I almost died.

For some reason my legs only look good to me in the summer without hosiery... I guess they've been touched by the sun with a little additional bronzing, but in the winter they are just too pale and I get cold too easily.

This thread is funny and I love it.

I noticed at Steinmart yesterday , a very thriving hose department. I saw some of the "toeless" ones and they looked so sheer I doubt anyone would notice you have them on and it would provide the "finished" look that some want.

I have some toeless, that are sheer and the pale winter color of my skin. They do just that.....give me a finished look. Legs look so much better.:)

Archived