Debarkation on Oasis

CarolR

We are sailing Oasis in October and are looking at booking a flight out from Fort Lauderdale airport for 11:30am. Can anyone who's sailed on this ship advise if this is too early. Can we request early debarkation for a flight at this time.

I am sure you will be OK from what I hear. I am sailing in May and my return flight from FLL Airport is 10:50am and I was told by quite a few people on these boards that Ill be Ok since you can do the self debarkation at around 6:45am and the airport is only 5 mins away. Have a great cruise I can't wait for mine :)

I just got home last night from the Allure. Me and four others in my family had quite a lot of suitcases. We chose not to do self debarkation simple so we wouldn't have to carry off all of them. We put 9 suitcases outside our cabin on Saturday night. We have selected the earliest time on the form they left for us earlier in the week. We ended up with number 1 on the luggage tags, which was listed as 7:20 to 7:40! We went to the main dining room at 6:00AM when they opened and had a great leisure breakfast. We went back to the room around 6:30AM and waited until 7:20AM. We then took our 9 carry on bags to the Dining Room (our assigned waiting area). They had coffee and doughnuts/muffins. At 7:30AM, they called for numbers 1 and 2 to debark. We walked out through the promenade, off the ship, into the terminal and picked up our 9 checked suitcases. We proceeded through customs and outside with the porter taking the cart with all the bags. He took care of getting us a van - shuttle to FLL. There were already three other people waiting at the curb, so the driver loaded them and us and we were off to the airport at 7:40AM. We got to the airport at around 7:55AM. We were through security and sitting at the gate at 8:20AM. Our flight wasn't until 10:15AM, but we could have easily made a 9:00AM flight without doing self debarkation. If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

Archived